• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A strange question to all in the forum :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not sure how i shoud phrase this question but it go something like this.
And i want to say that i do ask with utmost respect to you and your experience.

Have you ever been contacted by what you consider to be a God I do not only speak about a Christian god here, If you in your view do feel it has been a God(or similar) who contacted you, my question is.

In what way did you get contacted ?
Did you hear a voice?
Did you see something or someone?

Shantanu

Have you ever been contacted by what you consider to be a God I do not only speak about a Christian god here, If you in your view do feel it has been a God(or similar) who contacted you, my question is.

Did you hear a voice?
God exists within and without the individual and can be contacted with utter devotion and surrender. I had numerous proven messages from Him using a digital clock in which sightings of numbers adding up to '7' (2.41, 3.04, 5.02, 6.10, 7.00, 8.44, 9.07, 12.22, etc) asked me to do certain things that protected me from evil.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I ask because i do not understand.

How can the clock protect you from evil?
In what way do you prove that it was God who contacted you?

Shantanu

I ask because i do not understand.

How can the clock protect you from evil?
In what way do you prove that it was God who contacted you?
God is able to monitor you all the time, so if you have surrendered to God He will make sure that you approach the digital clock at the precise time so as to get the precise message that He wishes to give. This gives us the proof of the Hindu philosophy of acintya bhed abheda tatwa, or simultaneous oneness and separateness between God and the human.

I judge the actions that He guides me to do and determine whether it has protected me from evil.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Contacting a god is an intra-psychic process to me, so it's easy to say that it "doesn't exist" beause it is not "objectively measurable" (I was raised as a materialistic commie). But it does exist. I have my pet peeve question to the Buddhists, if the soul doesn't exist, what do the mentally ill suffer from?

As for "contacting a God", I had a dream of Rama speaking to me after chanting the Hare Krishna mantra. And I set up an altar for Apollo. As I was clueless what to put on, I received an inspiration of putting a crystal swan on the altar, as Apollo is the god of light and the swan is among his symbols. That's how contacting a god worked for me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Contacting a god is an intra-psychic process to me, so it's easy to say that it "doesn't exist" beause it is not "objectively measurable" (I was raised as a materialistic commie). But it does exist. I have my pet peeve question to the Buddhists, if the soul doesn't exist, what do the mentally ill suffer from?

As for "contacting a God", I had a dream of Rama speaking to me after chanting the Hare Krishna mantra. And I set up an altar for Apollo. As I was clueless what to put on, I received an inspiration of putting a crystal swan on the altar, as Apollo is the god of light and the swan is among his symbols. That's how contacting a god worked for me.

Many who do not know Buddhist teching think buddhism teach there is no soul. This is not a correct way of looking at the buddhist teaching. The correct way to understand the buddhist teaching is there is no permanent soul. Meaning even the teaching say we do reincarnate from lifetime to lifetime, it is not seen as the same part of the main consiouesness or soul as someone call it.
It come from the same consiouesness but when looking at two lifetimes it is not the same "soul" because one lifetime we can be born as male, then next female, or even as animals (if we have not been keeping up the moral and ethics we get reincarnated in lower realms)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I made a running list of all good words of character from the dictionary, and i came up with about 139 virtues and words of positivity. I examined the meanings themselves and arrived at a perfect being, and one who represents those meanings wholly. I decided that man is starved for good meanings in their lives, but this need not be so. One can heal themselves by applying sound meanings to ones life.

I discovered these meanings are not just idle words but represent a reality of the soul. There is not a 100 minds in me, but only one who can learn the thoughts of many great minds.

Taking these 139 words seriously i was able to find myself in these words, though far from perfectly.

But God did emerge as a representation of all these great words. And i found a new found appreciation for the brilliance, beauty and simplicity of language. There is power and great necessity in language. And i thought that the fact that i can understand others through their language as a great gift of the soul. Not to be abused!

So i find God in meanings themselves. It may not be real, but its aspiration worthy to note what perfection is. God in a dictionary.

The meanings themselves are all very real and tell a story of reality. The fact that i can choose to take something of meanings very seriously and it applies to reality.

Qualities of being are very real.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm not sure "contacted" would be the right word. And I don't know in what way. It just happened on its own. If there was a cause, I'm unaware of it other than in thinking back to right before it happened, I mind may have been devoid of thoughts.

Also, your question assumes contact by some being outside of oneself. My experience was from within rather than without. Some may call it a God experience, others a oneness experience, yet others, a mystical experience.

Did you hear a voice?

No.

I saw nothing different from what I've always seen. The experience was a shift in how I perceived what I saw. It was a familiarity and intimacy with everything and everyone that I really cannot put into words, because there are no words that I know that could accurately describe the experience. It was almost like going from seeing everything to being everything.

I've had similar experiences in meditation since, but none so profound as my first spontaneous one.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure "contacted" would be the right word. And I don't know in what way. It just happened on its own. If there was a cause, I'm unaware of it other than in thinking back to right before it happened, I mind may have been devoid of thoughts.

Also, your question assumes contact by some being outside of oneself. My experience was from within rather than without. Some may call it a God experience, others a oneness experience, yet others, a mystical experience.

No.

I saw nothing different from what I've always seen. The experience was a shift in how I perceived what I saw. It was a familiarity and intimacy with everything and everyone that I really cannot put into words, because there are no words that I know that could accurately describe the experience. It was almost like going from seeing everything to being everything.

I've had similar experiences in meditation since, but none so profound as my first spontaneous one.

This was the kind of answer i was hoping for :) Thank you for sharing it :)

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma

Did you hear a voice?
Do you mean a non-corporeal encounter with God to the exclusion of encountering God in a human form or frame?
What would be your own criteria to consider such an encounter to have been a divine encounter?

Shantanu

I'm not sure I understand the question. These are different names people give to the same experience depending on their worldview. What I call it is irrelevant.
Let me rephrase it: what is God-experience if it is not arrived at from the practice of 'oneness' (advaita) and the experience of mysticism?

Shantanu

Do you mean a non-corporeal encounter with God to the exclusion of encountering God in a human form or frame?
What would be your own criteria to consider such an encounter to have been a divine encounter?
A non-corporeal encounter.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me rephrase it: what is God-experience if it is not arrived at from the practice of 'oneness' (advaita) and the experience of mysticism?

I have read about "God experiences" of others, and some describe their experience differently than I describe mine. It may be because their description is the best they can give based on their knowledge, because, as I said above, such an experience is truly beyond words. The fact that they describe the experience differently than I do doesn't diminish the validity of their experience. Not everyone is at the same level of knowledge when it comes to divinity. There are varying degrees of avidya based on one's experiences and spiritual growth.

Shantanu

I have read about "God experiences" of others, and some describe their experience differently than I describe mine. It may be because their description is the best they can give based on their knowledge, because, as I said above, such an experience is truly beyond words. The fact that they describe the experience differently than I do doesn't diminish the validity of their experience. Not everyone is at the same level of knowledge when it comes to divinity. There are varying degrees of avidya.
I regard anything and everything that happens to me to have been of divine attribution.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

My own thought of this is that God`s or Buddha`s do not take directly contact with humans. It might have happend in the past but if there are beings in contact with humans i think (i do not know) that there are less advanced beings who would be a form of messenger.

But in this question i do not have the answer to the question.
my own experience with contact of spiritual form has not been of message from higher beings

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you ever been contacted by what you consider to be a God
To state the experience of God as God "contacting you", would be completely inaccurate for me. This suggests a radically dualistic reality where God and myself are two separate guys, one who walks on two feet, and the other who rules from the sky, or something or other.

If you ask, have I ever experienced God, or the Divine? The answer is most certainly.

In no way. The correct way to describe it is I opened to Reality. I opened to what is there at all times, but blocked because I'd been looking into my own thoughts and ideas as the source of truth.

Did you hear a voice?
What I "hear" is the mind's understanding being illuminated through a vision of Truth. There is no need to hear audible words. You just see and know. Words get in the way. Consider it a transverbal Realization.

How we see the world opens up, and what we have seen every day previously, is now seen with the curtain pulled back. Luminous, is a good word for it. Radiant Love in every molecule of air, every blade of grass, every touch of the wind on your body, ever ounce of air in your lungs, you whole being and the whole world are united as the same Divine.

I think maybe the best way to put your question, is not did God contact you, but did you come into contact with the Divine from yourself?