• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A spider saved me from jail

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There was a time the police picked me up because I was trespassing on a Metro Transit that I got kicked out of (for riding on it on the outside.)

The police said there was a warrant for my arrest and that they would take me to jail. I was homeless and I kept a tarantula in my backpack.

After the police searched my backpack they said, "it's your lucky day, since you have a spider in your backpack we're not going to take you to jail".

True story. Just another reason why I'm so fond of my eight-legged buddies.
I guess that's one way to get off the hook. ;)
tarantula-closeup-hand.adapt.945.1.jpg

Misunderstood

Cool! I like spiders also, they are so useful. But I never have heard of them being useful in keeping out of jail!

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Cool! I like spiders also, they are so useful. But I never have heard of them being useful in keeping out of jail!

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."
have you seen any of my spider YouTubes? I've owned a Goliath birdeater which is the largest species in the world.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No, I havn't seen any of your spider you-tube's. Do you have a link? Do you have a collection of spiders?

That green thing in his mouth is a big juicy caterpillar. I've owned far too many spiders to keep track of how many, but I'm going to have to restore my collection, because I went to the hospital recently and my spiders were given to someone else.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Your luck with handling a tarantula is better than my luck with handling a tarantula. I had a pet tarantula that often ejected barbed hair into my skin that then became irritated from the tarantula's urticating hairs. I had to stop handling my tarantula after my skin became very red and itchy.

Misunderstood

That green thing in his mouth is a big juicy caterpillar. I've owned far too many spiders to keep track of how many, but I'm going to have to restore my collection, because I went to the hospital recently and my spiders were given to someone else.

Thanks, I watched them all, they were so cool! It's to bad you lost your spiders, do you think you can get them back? Hope you can get some more little buddies to look after. Who knows maybe some day you will become a real life Spider man.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your luck with handling a tarantula is better than my luck with handling a tarantula. I had a pet tarantula that often ejected barbed hair into my skin that then became irritated from the tarantula's urticating hairs. I had to stop handling my tarantula after my skin became very red and itchy.
Ive owned spiders that would bite me and not let go. This one in the video held on to me for quite some time. I sound stupid in the video cuz I was drunk. That was years ago, I don't let spiders do that anymore or handle them while drunk.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thanks, I watched them all, they were so cool! It's to bad you lost your spiders, do you think you can get them back? Hope you can get some more little buddies to look after. Who knows maybe some day you will become a real life Spider man.
Thank you for watching! :)
Animal Control told me they were given to a lady that loves and cherishes them.

I will have to buy new ones. The doctor has given orders that I can have a therapeutic pet but it now has to be confirmed by the property managers.

I used to let spiders bite me and hold on to me injecting me with all their venom because I thought they enjoyed it. I don't do that anymore because I find it to be bad spider husbandry and teaching them bad habits.

After I overcame my Arachnophobia in a correctional facility I would go to the gardens and catch spiders and bring them back to my cell. People called me the Spider-Man of Alcatraz.

My whole forearm swelled up at one point because I would let them Chow down on Me.

I've held so many spiders in the wild and they don't bite unless you squeeze them a little or rub their fangs.

I've owned tarantulas that would stand on their hind legs and lunge at me. They are truly spectacular creatures!

As a lion is the king of the jungle, spiders are the Kings of the exoskeleton creatures.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Ive owned spiders that would bite me and not let go. This one in the video held on to me for quite some time. I sound stupid in the video cuz I was drunk. That was years ago, I don't let spiders do that anymore or handle them while drunk.

For Halloween, I'm gonna put my dog in a spider costume and let him run around the park. :D