• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Simple SEX poll, (not hard to answer at all)

Premarital Sex

• I consider myself religious and I engaged/am engaging in it

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • I consider myself religious and I did not engaged/am not engaging in it

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • I don't consider myself religious and I engaged/am engaging in it

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I don't consider myself religious and I did not engaged/am not engaging in it

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
Premarital Sex
Four options

1) I consider myself religious and I engaged/am engaging in it.

2) I consider myself religious and I did not engaged/am not engaging in it.

3) I don't consider myself religious and I engaged/am engaging in it.

4) I don't consider myself religious and I did not engage/am not engaging in it.

And, if you care to share, please tell us how you feel about it; regret it, relish it, should have done more/less of it, etc.

*Oh yes, premarital sex means intercourse . . . . . . . in any form.

Me Myself

Back to my username
By religious you mean what specifically?

I consider myself spiritual, does that count? :D ( I know both "religious" and "spiritual" may be ambiguous, so sorry if I didn´t tell you much :D but please explain me better what you mean so I can participate in your poll :) )

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Some of the engagements I regret, most I do not.

Well, not so much regret but wish I could do it differently under different circumstances.

Skwim

Veteran Member
By religious you mean what specifically?

I consider myself spiritual, does that count? :D ( I know both "religious" and "spiritual" may be ambiguous, so sorry if I didn´t tell you much :D but please explain me better what you mean so I can participate in your poll :) )
*Sigh* there's always one in the crowd isn't there.;)

Regard "religious" in any way you choose, and then answer. Do you fit our definition or not? If you do then select one of the first two options. If you don't, then select one of the last two options.

Me Myself

Back to my username
*Sigh* there's always one in the crowd isn't there.;)

Regard "religious" in any way you choose, and then answer. Do you fit our definition or not? you do then select one of the first two options. If you don't, then select one of the last two options.

Depends on what is your definition! :D

I don´t look at myself as "religious" because I associate religion with rigid dogmas (even though I do have some stuff with which I may be rigid, but they came from my own reasoning and feel) . I mean I consider myself a "Christian", but I almost never just say "I am a christian" because people think of it as mainstream religion, when my beliefs of what Jesus said are very away from that. I also Worship Shiva, Krishna and Ganesh, but I follow my own path (or dharma if you will) and I don´t like to put any text or organised "religion" above what I myself determine is right and sacred and what is not.

Does this work for you as "religious" ?

(sorry for not being simple :eek: )

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I like how everyone who's voted so far engaged in it, yet, everyone talks crap about it in real life.

Last edited:

uu_sage

I'm religious and spiritual and I proudly engage in sex before marriage. Sexuality I believe is a gift of God and it needs to be celebrated rather than shamed. When I'm making love to my fiance I feel closest to God.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Marriage isn't particularly relevant to me so it's not something I'm necessarily planning on doing or waiting for.

I was with my partner for a very long time before having sex. We had progressively more sexuality as we went along, but I guess I had some hang-ups about full sex so I made us wait a loooong time. I actually feel a bit bad in hindsight for asking him wait that long, and I'm impressed by him for being so patient. It was pretty important to me to feel entirely in love with him, and being in an essential permanent relationship, before having sex.

Kerr

I dont consider myself religious and I dont engage in it... but not because I have a stance against it but because I have no one to engage in it with :p.

Wirey

Fartist
Much like George Carlin, I'm praying reincarnation is true so I can legally screw teenagers again.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't consider myself religious and I engaged in it,personally i think premarital sex with someone who you love or find sexually attractive is a good isea if you are going to take the relationship further,i think some marriages and relationships fail because of a lack of sexual fullfilment.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
4... originally by choice now not so much lol

For me it is more about having a deep and abiding bond between myself and the other person(s) I dont overly care much about marriage, but to me sex is more than just a physical experience

Levite

Higher and Higher
I am religious, and I had plenty of premarital sex. I have no regrets, because I do not believe I am religiously prohibited from premarital sex.

mycorrhiza

I consider myself religious, just not of the theist kind.

Pre-marital sex, yes, but we've been in a relationship for over 9 years now and have been engaged for 2.

Harmonious

I am religious, and I waited until I was married. Since I was divorced, I will wait again until I am married.

And if I don't get married, then I will do without.

How do I feel about it? I feel that marital sex is the holiest activity humans can engage in. It is pleasurable when it's done right (or even when it isn't), but something so sacred should be kept for its proper time with the proper person.

Last edited:

metalnun

God Intoxicated
hmmm, kind of depends on your definition of "religious" and "marriage."

I voted #1 because I consider myself spiritual/religious and in my wild youth when I was definitely NOT "religious" but certainly "spiritual," I engaged in a great deal of premarital sex (tantric and otherwise). Then I became a Sister and was "religious" and (tantrically) celibate for 14 years. Then I met my tantric partner of 7 years and we had sex on our first [non]-"date" when after a day of surfing, my El Camino broke down and he came home with me, and we have been together ever since in a monogamous commitment that is passionate and spiritual. We can't get "legally married" due to difficulties with the IRS but we wear a ring and everyone thinks of us as spouses; we had a spiritual blessing and we don't feel that the government's opinion of our relationship is relevant.

As far as regrets, everything I experienced has led me to where I am now, so I wouldn't say "regret" as such. But having said that, in retrospect there are people I probably would rather not have slept with, given my current belief that sex is sacred. But youth is all about experimentation.