1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured A simple case for intelligent design

Discussion in 'Evolution Vs. Creationism' started by leroy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,734
    You are so wrong on so many levels. Starting with your misunderstanding of evolution. I mean, your claims are some of the oldest creationist canards I've ever seen.
    Nobody who understands evolution thinks that anything gives birth to anything other than its own "kind." Dogs don't give birth to cats and if they did, that would be evidence against evolution.

2. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +2,734
    Origin of Domestic Dogs

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +2,734
    Yes, that's what I said. So in order to demonstrate that you're right, you'd need to show the two originals of each kind that you say your God created. You won't find that if evolution is an accurate description for the diversity of life on earth.

Your God shouldn't have made it look like organisms evolve over time then, I guess.

4. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +2,734
    Have you ever heard of a paternity test? If so, how do you think they're done?

5. Wild Fox

Wild Fox Active Member

Ratings:
    +270
    Religion:
    nature
    Do you know him so personally that you are aware of what you god thinks and laughs at. And why is he just a male god. Does he not like female goddesses?

6. BilliardsBall

BilliardsBall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    Messianic Jewish Christianity
    Correction: Still repeating Wikipedia's "error", in which multiple contributors cite over 100 scholarly sources to correct YOUR error.

7. BilliardsBall

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    That humans, error prone, need a Savior?

8. BilliardsBall

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    You are unaware the "He" designation is for a gender-neutral Spirit to be recognized as a male birth?

9. BilliardsBall

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    Sorry you feel this way. Pray about it?

10. BilliardsBall

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    Ad populum. No need to reply from me.

11. BilliardsBall

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    Of course evolution is fact, just not the just-so stories people use to hand wave at original creation.

12. BilliardsBall

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    One, I see people disagreeing even now on mitochondrial Eve and so forth, I'd say originals are available and you see the data with certain biases, as do I.

Two, by your logic of "looks", neither should God allow atheists to live happy lives and flourish... for now.

13. viole

viole Metaphysical Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,107
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    No no. You arbitrarily extended with “us” the opinion of a minority, that has not much more evidence of their case than flat earthers, to the whole human race.

So, I suggest, that next time you say “us”, you make it very clear who you mean.

Ciao

- viole

14. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +2,734
    Interestingly enough, God apparently has the exact same sense of humour that BB does! Isn't that amazing? ;)

15. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +2,734
    What on earth is a gender-neutral spirit?

16. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +2,734
    How is mitochondrial Eve considered an original couple "kind?" How about all the rest of original couple "kinds?"
    I'm sorry. ... what?

God doesn't allow or disallow me to do anything. I live my own life.

17. Wild Fox

Wild Fox Active Member

Ratings:
    +270
    Religion:
    nature
    I am familiar with the male use as supposed gender-neutral but in the case of the bible we see Adam primary who was used to create Eve (impossible biology) and the dominant figure naming all life (ridiculous secondary to the actual variety of life on earth) followed by Noah, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus representing a purely male dominated culture and the rejection of the gospel of Mary. Clearly there is a male dominant message so it would appear the god of the bible places males above females and of course it was Eve who started the downfall in man. So "He" does not look so gender neutral.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,400
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Wrong again. Your error is that you either did not read or did not understand the article where it pointed out that the evidence for Jesus was definitely substandard. But given enough substandard evidence an idea can still be accepted.

But since we are discussing evidence if you want to rely on that then you should accept the fact of evolution. That you accept Jesus on far less than good evidence only shows that you are being rather inconsistent in your actions. Why accept an idea that is poorly supported and reject a concept that is extremely well supported and is constantly tested?

19. Subduction Zone

Ratings:
    +8,400
    Religion:
    Atheist
    It would help if you were able to "think about it". Praying only shows that you cannot honestly think about this problem. It is a way of pretending that you are doing something when you are not.

Let's put "just so stories" on your list of banned terms since you clearly do not understand it. You see "just so stories" are no refutable since the believers, like believers in the myths of the Bible, will change their stories if, and that is a big "if", they ever understand the evidence against their stories. Scientific concepts are testable. That means there are specific tests that can show the concept to be wrong. Creationists are cowards in this regard. They will not give a clear and possible test that would refute their beliefs. It is why by definition they have no scientific evidence for their beliefs.

20. Subduction Zone

Ratings:
    +8,400
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Nope, no need for a "Savior" to make up for an incompetent God's mistakes. It is ironic that you cannot see that the Adam and Eve myth paints God as an incompetent God that screwed up his creation and then blamed his product for that error. The story needs no science to refute it. It is logically inconsistent.

• Like Like x 1