• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sickness more deadly than COVID-19

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It seems to escape the attention of our board's more devout Trump supporters than it is actually possible to object to Mr. Trump on the grounds that he is likely to make the situation worse, rather than better.
But we do not know if he is going to make the situation worse, rather than better -- yet.
I am not a Trump supporter, I just believe in second chances.
I also believe that only results matter, so why can't we just wait and see?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
My fear is that the cities, which are largely Democrat, will feel the main effects of overload of the hospitals and workers laid off and losing health cover, while the rural and wealthy areas that vote Trump are spread out enough to slow the rate of spread to something their local health system can handle. Could it be, I wonder, that Trump supporters will be able to continue to believe that Covid-19 is somebody else's problem?

It's likely that in many states CV-19 is going to inflict enough deaths in the urban Dem regions to flip the states. Rural voters who largely will be unaffected classically vote Rep. Likewise, it might just be a problem of the Dems not even being able to get to the polls in such places.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
But we do not know if he is going to make the situation worse, rather than better -- yet.

Let's hope that when reality comes knocking, it does not knock on too many doors due to our giving Mr. Trump many more chances than we need to give him in order to know what kind of leader he is. Your generosity towards him might be viewed as less than responsible by those who will lose loved ones in the coming months. Do you think Mr. Trump deserves your compassion and not they?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Let's hope that when reality comes knocking, it does not knock on too many doors due to our giving Mr. Trump many more chances than we need to give him in order to know what kind of leader he is. Your generosity towards him might be viewed as less than charitable by those who will lose loved ones in the coming months.
Logically speaking, it makes no sense to rank on him now, because he is the president so he is in charge, and there is nothing we can do about that....

Are you assuming that if people lose loved ones in the coming months, that will be traceable back to Trump's actions? That was a question, not a statement.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Logically speaking, it makes no sense to rank on him now, because he is the president so he is in charge, and there is nothing we can do about that....

Are you assuming that if people lose loved ones in the coming months, that will be traceable back to Trump's actions? That was a question, not a statement.

You're living in a different reality than me. We have no common ground for communication. Have a good day.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You're living in a different reality than me. We have no common ground for communication. Have a good day.
My reality comes from scriptures, not from personal opinions.

Matthew 7 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

26: O SON OF BEING! How couldst thou forget thine own faults and busy thyself with the faults of others? Whoso doeth this is accursed of Me. The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 10

Have a good day.

Terry Sampson

Is approval of Trump is worse than dying of the virus?
Yes. I have a contingency plan for my own future.

Still a Never Trumper-1.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I am hoping that Mr. Trump's popularity will sort itself out much faster than Mr. Bush's did.

Human nature is what it is.

Karma is a bitsj. So far Trump escaped it. I mean, he got away with all his craziness, because people (adoring him) act like proverbial ostrich.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
From what I read in the Washington Post his popularity has risen because he's been on TV every day. For far too many people it isn't what Trump says or doesn't say but that he's simply talking to them. Even if it's no more than whining.

giphy.gif

Sad indeed.

Funny .gif
Sad indeed

exchemist

Veteran Member
That's one view, certainly, but if you look at the experience in China, Italy, Spain and now the UK, you would have reason to think that Trump ought to be getting more involved in reducing the rate of transmission and in providing emergency medical capacity.

Last edited:

dianaiad

It seems to escape the attention of our board's more devout Trump supporters than it is actually possible to object to Mr. Trump on the grounds that he is likely to make the situation worse, rather than better.

It seems to escape the attention of our board's more devout Trump supporters that it is actually possible to object to some of his polices, and support others....and that once in awhile, the mad dash to get rid of him might do more harm to the nation than getting rid of him would. I point to the recent bill as an example.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
By the time the death rate reaches 1 million people, which should be before the election, Trumps ratings will be in the toilet!!
I don't think that this is true.
Altogether too many Trump supporters will spin this in ways that other Trump supporters blindly accept.
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Amazingly enough, to the far left Dems, it is. The ends justify the means, and if it takes a million dead people to get a Democrat in office, well.....so be it. It was all worth it, right?

....and do remember: I'm not the one who came up with the number.
That's a pretty scathing aspersion that you are casting -- are you really certain that it's correct, or are you simply channeling your own hatred of people on the other side of the political spectrum from you?

In fact, so far the only person I've seen recommending lots of death from this thing, to "save the country" (meaning "for Republicans") is the very Republican Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is to some people. :rolleyes:
Best to leave that hornet's nest untouched I guess.
I don't think his thread's title matched his response to my question.
I'll just leave it as ambiguity of language.
I cut Trump such slack at times, so the OP deserves the same courtesy.

Strong the hatred of Trump is today.
Tread carefully we must.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's one view, certainly, but if you look at the experience in China, Italy, Spain and now the UK, you would have reason to think that Trump ought to be getting more involved in reducing the rate of transmission and in providing emergency medical capacity.
All I know is what I see in the news and his briefings on TV....
What do you think he should or could be doing that he is not doing?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Amazingly enough, to the far left Dems, it is. The ends justify the means, and if it takes a million dead people to get a Democrat in office, well.....so be it. It was all worth it, right?

....and do remember: I'm not the one who came up with the number.
I have sensed that, but I won't claim it.
Histrionics is the better explanation.