• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sickness more deadly than COVID-19

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
By the time the death rate reaches 1 million people, which should be before the election, Trumps ratings will be in the toilet!!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it is human nature to instinctively rally around the nearest person in a leadership position at the start of a crisis. George W. Bush went from almost the lowest ranked president of modern times to 80% approval rating within days of 9/11. But things sorted themselves out in the end and he finished his presidency back in the gutter -- under 30% approval rating.

I am hoping that Mr. Trump's popularity will sort itself out much faster than Mr. Bush's did.

Human nature is what it is.

exchemist

Veteran Member
See CNN Poll of Polls: Trumps approval up amid coronavirus concerns.

It is increasingly difficult to maintain some semblance of faith in humanity when faced by evidence of such wretched willful ignorance. Perhaps we really due get the leadership we deserve. Sad.
My fear is that the cities, which are largely Democrat, will feel the main effects of overload of the hospitals and workers laid off and losing health cover, while the rural and wealthy areas that vote Trump are spread out enough to slow the rate of spread to something their local health system can handle. Could it be, I wonder, that Trump supporters will be able to continue to believe that Covid-19 is somebody else's problem?

Daemon Sophic

I think it is human nature to instinctively rally around the nearest person in a leadership position at the start of a crisis. George W. Bush went from almost the lowest ranked president of modern times to 80% approval rating within days of 9/11. But things sorted themselves out in the end and he finished his presidency back in the gutter -- under 30% approval rating.

I am hoping that Mr. Trump's popularity will sort itself out much faster than Mr. Bush's did.

Human nature is what it is.
@Sunstone is correct. It is human nature to rally around the most often seen and prominent figurehead in times of crisis.
However, after the crisis has ended, then if it was handled poorly, that figurehead becomes the focus of blame and anger for what went wrong in the hindsight.
On the flip side....If things go swimmingly well, then that same figurehead will gain all the glory for everyone else’s work.
:shrug:

Skwim

Veteran Member
See CNN Poll of Polls: Trumps approval up amid coronavirus concerns.

It is increasingly difficult to maintain some semblance of faith in humanity when faced by evidence of such wretched willful ignorance. Perhaps we really due get the leadership we deserve. Sad.
From what I read in the Washington Post his popularity has risen because he's been on TV every day. For far too many people it isn't what Trump says or doesn't say but that he's simply talking to them. Even if it's nothing more than whining.

giphy.gif

Sad indeed.

Last edited:

dianaiad

Is approval of Trump is worse than dying of the virus?

Amazingly enough, to the far left Dems, it is. The ends justify the means, and if it takes a million dead people to get a Democrat in office, well.....so be it. It was all worth it, right?

....and do remember: I'm not the one who came up with the number.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
No. The enabling of Trump exacerbates the dying from the virus.

It seems to escape the attention of our board's more devout Trump supporters than it is actually possible to object to Mr. Trump on the grounds that he is likely to make the situation worse, rather than better.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
New By the time the death rate reaches 1 million people, which should be before the election, Trumps ratings will be in the toilet!!
Be careful what you wish for.
Of course, 1 million dead people is better than one more term with Trump in office. :rolleyes:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Amazingly enough, to the far left Dems, it is. The ends justify the means, and if it takes a million dead people to get a Democrat in office, well.....so be it. It was all worth it, right?

I am sure you are quite right that millions of Americans are sociopaths who will cheer on any loss of life -- no matter how great -- to see Mr. Trump run out of office. Bravo you for pointing out that heinous truth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you enjoy misrepresenting people's motives and views? You keep saying you cannot predict the future, but then you think you can read people's minds. Very curious.
I said that with glib tongue in cheek. ;)
In other words, it was just a personal opinion.