• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A show or a service?

Mystic-als

For a long time I attended a very well known church here in South Africa. It is also very large. One of the great things about it is that everything they do the try to do with excellence. Many people comment on the brilliant praise and worship sessions they hold at the church before the preaching.

I stoppend attending that chusrch because I felt that the service had become a show. Of professional musicians and how well they play or sing.

I have now changed churches to a much more conservative one.

Has any one of you had the same experience? Or
Have any one of you changed from a conservative church to a more lively one?

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
I can't compare different Pentecostal churches very well, because my current AG church is my first Pentecostal church. I've been attending less than a year, and recently became a member. I like my church very much, and feel God led me to it. Though I've attended many churches, this is the first one I've ever felt moved to join.

But this much I can say: Our P&W band is strictly amateur. They're pretty good, but they never forget they're there as part of the service, not to be a show.

I guess you could say I've moved both to a more conservative church and to a 'livelier' one at the same time, since all my previous churches were non-charismatic mainstream churches.

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
Mysticals, you should have been happy to attend a service with a great music dept. I am C.O.G.I.C. which is the premier black pentecostal denomination, and i go to a small church that has not been blessed with a gifted singer, and so the praise and worship is not the draw of the church. I must admit that church services are rated and attended by most people by its entertainment level. I have even pondered leaving my church for a big one a few times, but i know that how well you are entertained on earth, has nothing to do with wheter or not you are saved.