• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Second Brexit Vote?

Should there be a second referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No opinion/maybe maybe not/etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When I hear those old men speak and rant about the EU and how they are going to "take back control", it sounds as if they think the UK still operates some global empire.

Do they? I see the claim exponentially more often than I see any evidence for it. The same people then usually say the UK needs to stay in Europe so it can be more powerful internationally.

The most prominent proponent of Empire is your former PM, an ideologue who sees EU federalism as the only way to enable Europe to project its diplomatic and military power across the world ;)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Do they? I see the claim exponentially more often than I see any evidence for it.
It's just an opinion. It's how it comes accross.

They seem delusional into thinking that the world is going to bend over backwards to get trade deals with them. They don't seem to realise they are the asking party and also quite desperate for trade deals. As such, it looks like they act as if they are a world empire, like in the old days.

The same people then usually say the UK needs to stay in Europe so it can be more powerful internationally.

Because a single big united front is always better then multiple smaller players.

The most prominent proponent of Empire is your former PM, an ideologue who sees EU federalism as the only way to enable Europe to project its diplomatic and military power across the world ;)

Not going to get sidetracked on that because it has nothing to do with the point.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do they? I see the claim exponentially more often than I see any evidence for it. The same people then usually say the UK needs to stay in Europe so it can be more powerful internationally.

Well, it takes actually looking at the issues involved to understand them.