• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Road Less Traveled: Christopaganism, by Marian Leone Mayfield

EverChanging

Has anyone here read this book? I am looking for reviews and have been unable to find any. I do not want to spend money on a book if it might be fluffy as I have no use for such things, and it is really difficult to find a book on neo-paganism that isn't fluffy, and even the better ones I've read, like Christopaganism: An Inclusive Path, by the Higginbothams, still contain factual errors, mainly in regard to the pagan roots of Christianity.

If anyone here knows anything about the book that would be great. It would also be helpful to know if the book is about Christopaganism in general or Christian Wicca. Most books on this topic I come across are about Wicca. I would be more interested in reading something different. If you can recommend any other books that aren't fluffy on Christopaganism, that would be great, too.

I have never seen anything on christian Paganisim, but understand completely your irritation about non factual info. I do research on religious hystory often and it is a dificult task. I find most Christian books lie. Wicca is just an off shoot of pagan practices. Given being pagan is not a religion, wicca was formed. I would reccomend looking into difrent pagan practices and subing them for christian info, that is basically what the christian practishoners I know do.