• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Relatively New, Online Bible!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
2001translation.com

It is not affiliated with any religion; they tend to view issues objectively, with no a-priori bent.

Some of their linked articles are fantastic!!

Deidre

Oh wow, this is cool! I like that they don't subscribe to any particular religion. But, is it in essence speaking against Christianity, or other established religions do you think?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Oh wow, this is cool! I like that they don't subscribe to any particular religion. But, is it in essence speaking against Christianity, or other established religions do you think?

Hey, Diedre! Yes, I think it's real cool, too. They are basing their understanding of the Scriptures on the belief that it is essentially truth, that it is harmonious in what it's trying to say. That it is God's word to us.

And I remember from chatting with you the other day, that you didn't care too much for the name Jehovah....well, it's got it all the way through, over 7,000 times. Hope you're ok with that? Don't let that fact dissuade you from examining the site more closely. I feel it is mostly on target, with its discussion of Bible topics! Check out what it says the Bible teaches about Hell!!

Take care.....have a good evening!

Last edited:

Deidre

Hey, Diedre! Yes, I think it's real cool, too. They are basing their understanding of the Scriptures on the belief that it is essentially truth, that it is harmonious in what it's trying to say. That it is God's word to us.

And I remember from chatting with you the other day, that you didn't care too much for the name Jehovah....well, it's got it all the way through, over 7,000 times. Hope you're ok with that? Don't let that fact dissuade you from examining the site more closely. I feel it is right on target, with its discussion of Bible topics! Check out what it says the Bible teaches about Hell!!

Take care.....have a good evening!

Hi!

haha Yes, I'll have to overlook the overuse of the word Jehovah. :D
I think it's refreshing, to say the least. Most of the time, we as Christians are reading interpretations of the Bible, instead of the Bible itself.

Tumah

Veteran Member
2001translations said:
An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

Wikipedia said:
The translation process of the Septuagint itself and from the Septuagint into other versions can be broken down into several distinct stages, during which the social milieu of the translators shifted from Hellenistic Judaism to Early Christianity.

Do you think the website might be stacking the deck?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hi!

haha Yes, I'll have to overlook the overuse of the word Jehovah. :D
I think it's refreshing, to say the least. Most of the time, we as Christians are reading interpretations of the Bible, instead of the Bible itself.

Hello again, Diedre! Yes, I think most translators put their own spin on it, and are not being objective. But I think these guys are trying.

I must say, I don't agree with everything they are saying, but it's nice that they will consider other people's viewpoints, if they use the Scriptures to back their thought. They've responded to me -- by email -- a few times.