• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Reason for Faith

How do you know there is a God?

Even though I can't physically see, touch, hear, smell, or taste Him?
I don't just respond to my five senses.
I feel Him in me.

Amen.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
How do you know there is a God?

Even though I can't physically see, touch, hear, smell, or taste Him?
I don't just respond to my five senses.
I feel Him in me.

Amen.

You did not understand the first principle of the Abrahamic family of religions.
they are all based on memorable and essential singular physical events which revolve around a human drama of physical hardship. religions were constructed around these physical men and their renown physical challenges. what we have here is the dying legacy of men which have gave their last breath to the desert ages and centuries ago.

Last edited:

AllanV

You did not understand the first principle of the Abrahamic family of religions.
they are all based on memorable and essential singular physical events which revolve around a human drama of physical hardship. religions were constructed around these physical men and their renown physical challenges. what we have here are the dying legacy of men which have gave their last breath to the desert ages and centuries ago.

My understanding was that the reality of God was shown through the many miracles. There were events that were beyond any personal ability to manifest them but only by the power of God.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
My understanding was that the reality of God was shown through the many miracles.
I don't know what the reality of God is. there is reality, and no other realities which I know of.
There were events that were beyond any personal ability to manifest them but only by the power of God.
Go back and read the Biblical passages and stories. you will find Moses debating and pleading God on daily basis because the hardships are too strong for him, his God sends him again and again to face the same dramas and anguish, until he succeeds to accomplish his assignment against all odds. bringing down the Pharaoh and the entire Egyptian army in the process, and as a result freeing his people, Israel, out of bondage. Moses then after marching his people out of Egypt and all the way through the wilderness and the desert goes on to die without marching into the promised land.

Last edited:

AllanV

For me this goes beyond feeling. There is more of a presence that brings revelation which are thoughts. It is not intense thinking and normal human brain power.

AllanV

I don't know what the reality of God is. there is reality, and no other realities which I know of.

Go back and read the Biblical passages and stories. you would find Moses debating and pleading God on daily basis because the hardships are too strong for him, his God sends him again and again to face the same dramas an anguish, until he succeeds to accomplish his assignment against all odds. bringing down the Pharaoh and the entire Egyptian army in the process, and as a result freeing his people, Israel, out of bondage. Moses then go on to die without marching into the promised land.

I understand what you say about hardship. But this usually occurs before there is a miracle.

Moses wasn't allowed into the promised land because he struck the rock angrily when the miracle of the water occurred. From memory.

From experience this hardship is reflective of the battle that takes place in own mind to be separated from the old nature. To be circumcised in the heart. To have a broken and contrite heart and a broken spirit. God will not deny access to any one who can achieve this.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I understand what you say about hardship. But this usually occurs before there is a miracle.

Moses wasn't allowed into the promised land because he struck the rock angrily when the miracle of the water occurred. From memory.
That's pretty petty. my God is more of a mensch. I believe he didn't let Moses into the promised land in order to give him a break from more war mongering and bickering with his fellow Israelites.

From experience this hardship is reflective of the battle that takes place in own mind to be separated from the old nature. To be circumcised in the heart. To have a broken and contrite heart and a broken spirit. God will not deny access to any one who can achieve this.
That's Christian dogma. unrelated and irrelevant to the Hebrew Bible of Judaism.

AllanV

That's pretty petty. my God is more of a mensch. I believe he didn't let Moses into the promised land in order to give him a break from more war mongering and bickering with his fellow Israelites.

Quote:
That's Christian dogma. unrelated and irrelevant to the Hebrew Bible of Judaism.
Num 20:8 Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.
Num 20:9 And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him.
Num 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
Num 20:11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

Num 20:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

That is from the old testament no where else.

Jesus fulfilled that condition later and is now able to show individuals that acceptable nature and bring them to God. A human could not see it accept by a supernatural event in the mind. This can happen now. To start the process a person must be humble, be baptized and continue on.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Num 20:8 Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.
Num 20:9 And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him.
Num 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
Num 20:11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

Num 20:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

That is from the old testament no where else.

Jesus fulfilled that condition later and is now able to show individuals that acceptable nature and bring them to God. A human could not see it accept by a supernatural event in the mind. This can happen now. To start the process a person must be humble, be baptized and continue on.
Tell me you did not just quote and preached the scriptures to me.
And no I did not read that post.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Ah, but this is the Abrahamic DIR, bro... ;)
Zarods are we living in a new era and a new world where Judaism and Christianity suddenly merged into one blend? are all Abrahamic religions part of one communist umbrella?
Judaism IS also an Abrahamic religion. or is that arguable now?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Zarods are we living in a new era and a new world where Judaism and Christianity suddenly merged into one blend? are all Abrahamic religions part of one communist umbrella?
Judaism IS also an Abrahamic religion. or is that arguable now?
I like that... "communist umbrella"... :D

Na, I just wanted to point out that in this particular DIR, any Abrahamic POV is legit. It's a strange DIR, to be sure...

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I like that... "communist umbrella"... :D

Na, I just wanted to point out that in this particular DIR, any Abrahamic POV is legit. It's a strange DIR, to be sure...
As long as we all Know that our distinct religions are rooted in completely different, and even opposing interpretation of the dramatic events of the land of Israel and the Hejaz. in fact I would say this is what we need to discuss more than the rest in order to know each other, those of us who care about the Abrahamic religions and their distinctions, their people, and line of historical events and how the different people view them or what importance they give them.

I was referring to the Holy Spirit. The love of God flowing through your body, through your blood!

To some it feels like immense peace, love, energy or/and ecstasy.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I was referring to the Holy Spirit. The love of God flowing through your body, through your blood!

To some it feels like immense peace, love, energy or/and ecstasy.
Face it. the 60's are over. butchered by American troops on the outskirts of Saigon. which is what the juice of life is all about. suffering. and then more suffering the next day. a large part of the world, arguable the majority of it lives in poverty and many in areas of armed conflict. they are unmoved by your ecstasy as they have always been.

AllanV

Tell me you did not just quote and preached the scriptures to me.
And no I did not read that post.

You offered an opinion. I presumed you had read scripture at some time. Where do you get those opinions from. You are perhaps an observer of life only. That could be rather depressing and only improved by looking into the bottom of an emptied glass.

The three major Abrahamic religions are, in order of appearance, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I have only limited understanding because I do not live amongst or interact with these groups. I only know what is shown to me. All these religions are too involved in themselves and have missed the point of the scriptures.

What is it all about?

We are watching history at the moment. There is so much tension around the world. The middle east is volatile. Iran is delivering or picking something up from Syria. Are they both friendly with North Korea? This is the beginning of a new phase. Tied in with consumption placing pressure on dwindling resources a major war is coming.

You are right ecstasy doesn't mean much to the starving. It seems to me that leaders do this to the masses on purpose. They do not want others to have what they can't have. They grab every thing by the preferred power and all of the wealth, becoming oppressors, dishing out rough justice at a whim.
Perhaps the true God is behind this because man rejects Him, going after their own Gods instead.