• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A rather technical refutation of the odds argument of creationists

Skwim

Veteran Member

Rather heavy on the chemistry. Links to articles are provided on YouTube.
"Rather" indeed! However, what is clear is how creationists, especially those who like passing themselves off as reputable scientists, have no compunctions about doling out misinformation under the guise of science. It's deplorable to say the least, but as we've come to recognize, it's part and parcel of being a creationist.

CREATIONISTS IN HELL.png

Ellen Brown

These sorts of things from Atheists and Agnostics are tiresome, but I can understand it because believers in God seem adamant about convincing others to join their little parade, and meanwhile casting aspersions on the reputations of all who disagree with them. The wife of a man I know in Wales calls them "God botherers". I often wonder if it would be best for believers to simply love everyone and be helpful. I think, from my own personal experience, that shouty Evangelicalism, whether by Christians, Muslims, or whoever is a mere product of the Ego.

Shad

Veteran Member
"Rather" indeed! However, what is clear is how creationists, especially those who like passing themselves off as reputable scientists, have no compunctions about doling out misinformation under the guise of science. It's deplorable to say the least, but as we've come to recognize, it's part and parcel of being a creationist.

View attachment 27510

Look like a level in Ultima

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
These sorts of things from Atheists and Agnostics are tiresome, but I can understand it because believers in God seem adamant about convincing others to join their little parade, and meanwhile casting aspersions on the reputations of all who disagree with them. The wife of a man I know in Wales calls them "God botherers". I often wonder if it would be best for believers to simply love everyone and be helpful. I think, from my own personal experience, that shouty Evangelicalism, whether by Christians, Muslims, or whoever is a mere product of the Ego.
Why is defending reality bothersome? I can never understand that. If there was a serious Flat Earth movement that tried to force Flat Earth teaching in schools would you not object? There really is not that much difference between Flat Earthers and creationists.

Ellen Brown

Why is defending reality bothersome? I can never understand that. If there was a serious Flat Earth movement that tried to force Flat Earth teaching in schools would you not object? There really is not that much difference between Flat Earthers and creationists.

Please read carefully what I wrote. The whole situation is tiresome with neither side ever convincing the other.