• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A quick history lesson: the origins and future of The Simulation

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Yesterday I made a post (about one of my favourite topics, Simulation Theory) in what is essentially a dead DIR - the "New Religious Movements" DIR

I did this because someone suggested that Sim Theory could be at home there but that place is like a graveyard, there is literally nothing going on, no sign of life...

It was a nice idea, but I regret putting it there now...

Nobody was able to comment on my post as nobody has been interested in getting the credentials to post there :(

I'd like to hear any comments about it that people may have, in this thread here, the one you're currently reading right now

This is the post in question:

Sim Theory: A Quick History Lesson

I believe this piece of writing was inspired by The Simulation, via an entity named Butterfly

If my version of Sim Theory is a NRM (I don't know whether it is or not, I'm not wanting to start a cult that's for sure) then I was thinking this could be its origin text

So please, comments and criticisms :)

Anything I left out? Anything unclear? Any inconsistencies?

(This is probably only an early version)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yesterday I made a post (about one of my favourite topics, Simulation Theory) in what is essentially a dead DIR - the "New Religious Movements" DIR

I did this because someone suggested that Sim Theory could be at home there but that place is like a graveyard, there is literally nothing going on, no sign of life...

Nobody was able to comment on my post as nobody has been interested in getting the credentials to post there :(

I'd like to hear any comments about it that people may have, in this thread here, the one you're currently reading right now

I believe this piece of writing was inspired by The Simulation, via an entity named Butterfly

If my version of Sim Theory is a NRM (I don't know whether it is or not, I'm not wanting to start a cult that's for sure) then I was thinking this could be its origin text

Can't be tested, validated so I generally leave it alone. As possible an answer as any other possible answer. However, what would it matter? To my experience such as it is I mean. If this Simulation theory were true, what difference would it make to me?

leov

“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness"
"24For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one,"