• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question to JW's

lockyfan

G717

Ἀρμαγεδδών

Armageddōn

Thayer Definition:

Armageddon = “the hill or city of Megiddo”

1) In Rev_16:16 the scene of a the struggle of good and evil is suggested by that battle plain of Esdraelon, which was famous for two great victories, of Barak over the Canaanites, and of Gideon over the Midianites; and for two great disasters, the deaths of Saul and Josiah. Hence in Revelation a place of great slaughter, the scene of a terrible retribution upon the wicked. The RSV translates the name as Har-Magedon, i.e. the hill (as Ar is the city) of Megiddo.

exactly

nike65

I'm russian and first of all need you kindness and longsuffering toward my English.
1. I read some of your publications.
2. When I'm interesting in something, I want to now about itself.
There is no problem with your publications. Is a problem to learn about the organisation in your publications.
For example russian JW can't show me the statute of WT, althouw I read in your book ''JW proclaimers" - statute exists. Could you help me to see? I'm convinsed:"It's not enought to know what do someone say? it's nessesery to know who are you legally". Please understand me corectly. In our country we have many groops, but many of them doesn't are the same as they pretend. I think so: when I go to Physician, I check his documents. It goes about my health. The same I think even more serious with spiritual health. I want to now. The USA inregistrated you as who? As religion? As factory? :D So, seing your statute I get confirmation from such serious state as it is USA, that you are the same as you proclaim. Without confirmation I can't take you in serious. Thanks.

lockyfan

I'm russian and first of all need you kindness and longsuffering toward my English.
There is no problem with your publications. Is a problem to learn about the organisation in your publications.
For example russian JW can't show me the statute of WT, althouw I read in your book ''JW proclaimers" - statute exists. Could you help me to see? I'm convinsed:"It's not enought to know what do someone say? it's nessesery to know who are you legally". Please understand me corectly. In our country we have many groops, but many of them doesn't are the same as they pretend. I think so: when I go to Physician, I check his documents. It goes about my health. The same I think even more serious with spiritual health. I want to now. The USA inregistrated you as who? As religion? As factory? :D So, seing your statute I get confirmation from such serious state as it is USA, that you are the same as you proclaim. Without confirmation I can't take you in serious. Thanks.

What would you like to know about JW?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
JW's believe that after the war between God's (Jehovah) government against Satan rulership, which is called the armageddon, all wicked people and righteous people will be ressurected and live for a 1000 years of period of the Judgement Day. After that 1000 years of test, those who pass will live an eternal life of happiness on a paradise called earth. My question is wouldn't it be impossible to live on earth forever if the sun stops shining, we know that the sun can't shine forever, it will run out of fuel eventually. How can there be life then? Thank you for reading.

it is God who fuels the sun...his energy is endless and if the sun gets to a point where it needs refueling, then God has the power to refuel it

just as we can add fuel to a fire, so can he.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

we are registered as a legal corporation by the name of the 'Watchtower Bible and Tract Society'

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
are there any jw's that expect to be one of the 144,000?

The number of JW's worldwide amount to around 7 million, but there are less then 10,000 worldwide who claim to be of the annointed otherwise known as the 144,000

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
are they virgins? the scripture says that they will be virgins.

lol oh right.

the book of revelation is highly symbolic...the virginity status of such ones is understood to mean virgins in a spiritual sense. The following verse after mentioning they are virgins states:

"These are the ones that keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb, 5 and no falsehood was found in their mouths; they are without blemish"

this implies that these ones did not become polluted with false religious ideas...no falsehoods

and they followed the lamb in all things...no matter where he went.

sniper762

some scriptures in the bible ARE symbolic and metephoric but that one apparently is not.

how do you explain away "those that have not been defiled by women"? self explanatory

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
some scriptures in the bible ARE symbolic and metephoric but that one apparently is not.

how do you explain away "those that have not been defiled by women"? self explanatory

by the fact that both men and women were chosen to be among the 144,000 heavenly rulers...it wasnt a promise Christ made only to men.

When Paul discussed the subject with the chosen ones...the heirs of the kingdom, he showed there was no distinction among those chosen ones.
Gal. 3:28 says : "YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus"

So its not like God views women as 'defilers' as if there is something bad about women...this is why the words in revelation are symbolic. It is talking about spiritual virginity and we know this because every time the Isrealites adopted some form of false worship, they were called 'adulteresses' because God viewed their mixing of religion as an unfaithfulness on their part...just as that of a cheating woman to her husband (or vise versa)

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

This is the Jehovah's Witnesses DIR. Members who do not follow that faith are only allowed to post respectful questions.