• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question to JW's

Judgement Day

JW's believe that after the war between God's (Jehovah) government against Satan rulership, which is called the armageddon, all wicked people and righteous people will be ressurected and live for a 1000 years of period of the Judgement Day. After that 1000 years of test, those who pass will live an eternal life of happiness on a paradise called earth. My question is wouldn't it be impossible to live on earth forever if the sun stops shining, we know that the sun can't shine forever, it will run out of fuel eventually. How can there be life then? Thank you for reading.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Judgement Day said:
JW's believe that after the war between God's (Jehovah) government against Satan rulership, which is called the armageddon, all wicked people and righteous people will be ressurected and live for a 1000 years of period of the Judgement Day. After that 1000 years of test, those who pass will live an eternal life of happiness on a paradise called earth. My question is wouldn't it be impossible to live on earth forever if the sun stops shining, we know that the sun can't shine forever, it will run out of fuel eventually. How can there be life then? Thank you for reading.

No offense, but if God create the cosmos, He could keep the sun shining forever.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I think my ultimate question to Jehovah Witnesses is how to justify these beliefs with scripture that specifically states that earth will be destroyed by fire?

may

dawny0826 said:
I think my ultimate question to Jehovah Witnesses is how to justify these beliefs with scripture that specifically states that earth will be destroyed by fire?
The litral planet will never be destroyed, but the system of things ,will come to its end . i think the verse you are refering to is this one in peter.
Peter wrote that "the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire." From the context and in the light of other scriptures, it is evident that this is not a literal fire but signifies everlasting destruction. As the Flood of Noah’s day did not destroy the literal heavens and earth, but only the ungodly persons, so also the revelation of Jesus Christ with his powerful angels in a flaming fire will result in permanent destruction only for the ungodly and the wicked system of things of which they are a part.—2Pe 3:5-7, 10-13; 2Th 1:6-10; compare Isa 66:15, 16, 22, 24.

may

beckysoup61 said:
No offense, but if God create the cosmos, He could keep the sun shining forever.
yes , and he will.
Ps. 37:29: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
may said:
The litral planet will never be destroyed, but the system of things ,will come to its end . i think the verse you are refering to is this one in peter.
Peter wrote that "the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire." From the context and in the light of other scriptures, it is evident that this is not a literal fire but signifies everlasting destruction. As the Flood of Noah’s day did not destroy the literal heavens and earth, but only the ungodly persons, so also the revelation of Jesus Christ with his powerful angels in a flaming fire will result in permanent destruction only for the ungodly and the wicked system of things of which they are a part.—2Pe 3:5-7, 10-13; 2Th 1:6-10; compare Isa 66:15, 16, 22, 24.

Hi May! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

This is what 2 Peter 3:10, states.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a greast noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat: both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up."

So, you do not interpret this verse literally? To each his/her own. I know we come from different faiths but I'm just curious...how do you interpret verses 10-13?

may

dawny0826 said:
Hi May! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

This is what 2 Peter 3:10, states.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a greast noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat: both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up."

So, you do not interpret this verse literally? To each his/her own. I know we come from different faiths but I'm just curious...how do you interpret verses 10-13?

Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.​
11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, 12 awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! 13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell....................
THE Bible, the written Word of God, fills us with hope when it says: "There are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."—2 Peter 3:13.
The Bible associates heaven with rulership
The "new heavens" is a new government that will rule over the earth. It is new because it will replace the present system of rulership; it is also a new development in the outworking of God’s purpose. It is the Kingdom for which Jesus taught us to pray. (Matthew 6:10) Since God is its Source and he dwells in heaven, it is called "the kingdom of the heavens."—Matthew 7:21.
What is the "new earth"? It is not a new globe, since the Bible clearly states that the earth will be inhabited forever. The "new earth" is a new human society. It will be new because the wicked will have been cut off. (Proverbs 2:21, 22) All who then live will honor and obey the Creator and will live in harmony with his requirements. (Psalm 22:27) People of all nations are being invited to learn those requirements and to bring their lives into harmony with them now
The establishment of righteous conditions in the whole earth is God’s will, and it will be brought about by his heavenly Kingdom with Christ as King.
Human governments that have dominated mankind like "heavens" will end and so will the "earth," or human ungodly society. The "hissing noise" perhaps indicates the rapid passage of the heavens. "The elements" that make up today’s decadent human society will be "dissolved," or destroyed. And the "earth," including "the works in it," will be "discovered." Jehovah will thoroughly expose the wicked acts of men as he brings an entire world system to its well-deserved end.

may

groovyable said:
Very well explained May:)
it is good to know that the earth will not be burned up in a litral fire as some people say , but a new earthly society of people will look to the channel that Jesus is using to make the earth a paradise .. matthew 24;45-47 the bible gives a wonderful hope for the future of the planet and the people on it.
Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth. matthew 5;5:sheep:
(John 10:16) "And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.
(Matthew 25:33) And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left................... i am trying to be sheeplike , and then i can hopefully be one of the sheep on his right hand........... great blessing are ahead: hamster :

kadzbiz

.....the war between God's (Jehovah) government against Satan rulership, which is called the armageddon......

The way I read it, Armageddon is the name of the place it happened rather than the event. Correct me if I am wrong.

Revelation 16:16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

may

The way I read it, Armageddon is the name of the place it happened rather than the event. Correct me if I am wrong.

Revelation 16:16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.
this word armageddon is mentioned ony in the book of revelation which for the most part is highly symbolic. it does not mean that all the kings of the earth will be standing in a litral place but it will be a world wide thing when the kings of the earth are all making their opposition known . but there will only be one victory and it will be the most high himself.
Armageddon is not a human war confined to a particular location in the Middle East. It is Jehovah’s war, and it is global.
at Revelation 16:16, Armageddon is called a "place." In the Bible, "place" may signify a condition or a situation—in this case, that the entire world will be united in its opposition to Jehovah. (Revelation 12:6, 14) At Armageddon all earthly nations ally themselves against "the armies that were in heaven" under the military command of the "King of kings and Lord of lords," Jesus Christ.—Revelation 19:14, 16.

deelo505

will you give me biblical proof that ONLY 144000 will go to heaven? and where is says ALL the rest will stay in paradise earth? ive seen these two subjects in the bible but i dont see what you believe.

deelo505

why is it that we can only be saved or what not if we call upon the name of Jehovah?god has many other names in the bible MANY.doesnt make since to me the hebrews didnt even pronounce this name except priest on special occasions becuase they were affraid they might use it in the wrong way.

deelo505

we all are different and we all believe what we believe is the truth and right,i meant a plain old regular christian.i know your a mormon and you believe different things than i do you of course if i said my way is right you would say it was wrong so....i dnt really know where to go from here.but what i meant was like a baptist or methodist kinda thing.i was mostly hinting not a jw.

lockyfan

will you give me biblical proof that ONLY 144000 will go to heaven? and where is says ALL the rest will stay in paradise earth? ive seen these two subjects in the bible but i dont see what you believe.

We see at Revelation 14:1
the following And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads

In Psalm 37:29 it clearly states
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it

I hope this helps you

wmam

this word armageddon is mentioned ony in the book of revelation which for the most part is highly symbolic. it does not mean that all the kings of the earth will be standing in a litral place but it will be a world wide thing when the kings of the earth are all making their opposition known . but there will only be one victory and it will be the most high himself.
Armageddon is not a human war confined to a particular location in the Middle East. It is Jehovah’s war, and it is global.
at Revelation 16:16, Armageddon is called a "place." In the Bible, "place" may signify a condition or a situation—in this case, that the entire world will be united in its opposition to Jehovah. (Revelation 12:6, 14) At Armageddon all earthly nations ally themselves against "the armies that were in heaven" under the military command of the "King of kings and Lord of lords," Jesus Christ.—Revelation 19:14, 16.

I found this and thought it relevent..........

G717

Ἀρμαγεδδών

Armageddōn

Thayer Definition:

Armageddon = “the hill or city of Megiddo”

1) In Rev_16:16 the scene of a the struggle of good and evil is suggested by that battle plain of Esdraelon, which was famous for two great victories, of Barak over the Canaanites, and of Gideon over the Midianites; and for two great disasters, the deaths of Saul and Josiah. Hence in Revelation a place of great slaughter, the scene of a terrible retribution upon the wicked. The RSV translates the name as Har-Magedon, i.e. the hill (as Ar is the city) of Megiddo.