• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question regarding Bahai faith.

Neuropteron

In the Baha'i Faith, it is believed that the Manifestations of God are the only channel for humanity to know about God.
"The Concept of Manifestation in the Baháʼí Writings". Baháʼí Studies. monograph 9: 1–38.

Baháʼí teachings hold that the motive force in all human development is due to the coming of the Manifestations of God.
Hatcher, W.S.; Martin, J.D. (1998). The Baháʼí Faith: The Emerging Global Religion. San Francisco: Harper & Row. p. 115.

In my short reading concerning this "new" religion I have found no indication that believer are curious about whose "manifestation" the founders of this faith is talking about.( Baháʼu'lláh, The Báb, ʻAbdu'l-Baháof)

In the bible there is the mention of "many Gods", it makes numerous reference to gods and goddesses of ancient people, many of which are worshiped even today.

Today we have our modern Gods: The trinity, Jesus is viewed as God, Allah as well as the many Hindu Gods and others....

Since the bible identifies Satan a god as well, it seems reasonable to me, that making a fusion of god's and simply calling them God, as if God was a name, which it's not, is not a wise thing to do.
Why ?

because confusion as to who were actually worshipping is something Satan would love to generate.

So my question is this:
Which God is the Bahai faith referring to ?

How do you know when you're not worshipping Satan and what is wrong with worshipping Satan? How do you aim and shoot your prayers in the right and best direction and what makes you think this direction or that direction is the best and right direction exactly?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Since the bible identifies Satan a god as well, it seems reasonable to me, that making a fusion of god's and simply calling them God, as if God was a name, which it's not, is not a wise thing to do.

"God" is a fusion of at least two ancient Middle Eastern Gods, El and JHWH. And he used to have a wife, Asherah, who conveniently was forgotten.

SeekerOnThePath

On a mountain between Nietzsche and Islam
In the Baha'i Faith, it is believed that the Manifestations of God are the only channel for humanity to know about God.
"The Concept of Manifestation in the Baháʼí Writings". Baháʼí Studies. monograph 9: 1–38.

Baháʼí teachings hold that the motive force in all human development is due to the coming of the Manifestations of God.
Hatcher, W.S.; Martin, J.D. (1998). The Baháʼí Faith: The Emerging Global Religion. San Francisco: Harper & Row. p. 115.

In my short reading concerning this "new" religion I have found no indication that believer are curious about whose "manifestation" the founders of this faith is talking about.( Baháʼu'lláh, The Báb, ʻAbdu'l-Baháof)

In the bible there is the mention of "many Gods", it makes numerous reference to gods and goddesses of ancient people, many of which are worshiped even today.

Today we have our modern Gods: The trinity, Jesus is viewed as God, Allah as well as the many Hindu Gods and others....

Why ?

because confusion as to who were actually worshipping is something Satan would love to generate.

So my question is this:
Which God is the Bahai faith referring to ?

It's generally believed to be "Ēl ʿElyōn" or Eloah, the transcendent essence without form or likeness, otherwise referred to in Arabic as "Allah".
Seeing that Baha'i texts are written predominantly in Arabic, it uses the word Allah most of the time (translations read 'God' as they do in most generic english translations of texts).

I'd say, from the Islamic standpoint, the name/word of YHWH ("Yahweh" as falsely called, "Jehovah" as horrendously called) is the name of a Canaanite deity that became mixed in the Tanakh during the Exile of the Jews in Babylon, and is therefore from a secular POV a clear example of Biblical corruption.

The word that Jesus (Yeshua) uses to refer to God in the New Testament is the greek word "Abba" (which means Father), not the tetragrammaton. The word Theos, of course, is sometimes also used.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
We have monotheistic and polytheistic religions. In the monotheistic religions "God" is the name for a prime and only creator and in the polytheistic religions several Gods and Goddesses stands for specific parts of the creation.

For my part it is natural to have at least 1 god and 1 goddess to describe the creation and not just 1 god as in the monotheistic religions which have discarded their female goddess where for instants, the goddess Ashera (As noted also by Sirona above here) once was the female consort of JHVH in the Jewish religion.
Since the bible identifies Satan a god as well, it seems reasonable to me, that making a fusion of god's and simply calling them God, as if God was a name, which it's not, is not a wise thing to do. Why ?
This confusion derives from the dualistic interpretation and translation. "Satan" is connected to the Roman god, Saturnus (and the Egyptian Seth) which represents a fertility deity and reproduction in generally, which of course cannot be interpreted as being "satanistic". Such a term derives from priests who have forgotten how they themselves came to be in the first place.

Here the dualistic interpretation of the bible has taken over the natural understanding of the creative and natural reproduction activities.

Bahai is refferring to the Abrahamic god as also mentioned by adrian009

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's generally believed to be "Ēl ʿElyōn" or Eloah, the transcendent essence without form or likeness, otherwise referred to in Arabic as "Allah".
Seeing that Baha'i texts are written predominantly in Arabic, it uses the word Allah most of the time (translations read 'God' as they do in most generic english translations of texts).

I'd say, from the Islamic standpoint, the name/word of YHWH ("Yahweh" as falsely called, "Jehovah" as horrendously called) is the name of a Canaanite deity that became mixed in the Tanakh during the Exile of the Jews in Babylon, and is therefore from a secular POV a clear example of Biblical corruption.

The word that Jesus (Yeshua) uses to refer to God in the New Testament is the greek word "Abba" (which means Father), not the tetragrammaton. The word Theos, of course, is sometimes also used.
Question

Is 'abba' the word for Father in Eastern Aramaic as well?

I think that BarAbba in eastern Aramaic means 'son the the father' ..... for example.

I ask because Jesus spoke Eastern Aramaic, not Greek.

After all your very intelligent discussion on the matter, my comments are going to seem stupid, but here goes:
So if we are praying to "God" and these prayers and this worship (what is it exactly? Beams of Light shot out from the fronts of our bodies?) is being intercepted and received by Satan (nom nom nom), then if we pray to Satan, can God intercept our prayers to Satan, or is it that only thieves win in this game of worship beam identification and devouring?

I don't know why God doesn't just steal and eat the prayers of all people, regardless of the names they may use or what they may think, if God is hungry for prayers? Are there things other than God which can hear and accept and respond to prayers and gobble them up? When they gobble them up, does God fail to hear them as they were intercepted before reaching the remote location of God (is it further than Pluto)?

Or is this an overall completely idiotic way of thinking? Should this sort of line of questioning be shunned or defied due to its seeming cartoonish stupidity?

My fellow red robot said:
"
Since the bible identifies Satan a god as well, it seems reasonable to me, that making a fusion of god's and simply calling them God, as if God was a name, which it's not, is not a wise thing to do. Why ? because confusion as to who were actually worshipping is something Satan would love to generate. So my question is this: Which God is the Bahai faith referring to ? "

What options are there? Is it just a choice between Satan and God, the two real living Gods who can receive prayers and respond to them?

Would it be enough then to say "I am directing this prayer to God, not Satan" or is Satan so unscrupulous as to even steal the worship that we explicitly state is not for him? What does Satan do with these prayers and this worship exactly? Does he somehow inhibit God from answering these prayers, or does he go about answering them himself? So that if we are in trouble, and we say "Oh God, please help us!" and we seem to be helped, the prayer did not have time to reach God but instead Satan swooped down, with a big S on his hairy chest, and saves us, and when we feel better, he whispers "for that thing I, your God did, I would like from you a favor", and you say, "Yes my God?" and he says "I'd like you to show your gratitude to me by selling nude pictures of yourself online, which will make you some cash also, and maybe try drugs too while you're at it", and you say "Do you really want me to do this God? Hey wait a second, God would never ask me to do such things, would he?" "Were you not saved when you called out for help?" "I thought that was God saving me, who are you?" "I am God" "No you're not, you can't be, you asked me to get naked and sell my nude images online and also to try drugs! You must be Satan" "Can Satan save you when you are in trouble?" "No, he wouldn't do that either!" "But I did! Ingrate!" "Aha! So you are Satan!" "I'm the one who saved you when you were in trouble!" "Fat chance!" "Ingrate!".

Yeah, so I'm hearing this a lot from people "You are worshipping Satan" "You are worshipping a false God" "Your worship is misdirected" "Your prayers are calling out to nothing".

So which one of us has the correct number for the real and right God and how does one dial it exactly?