• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question for Trump Supporters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is a serious question, because I am truly interested, and often flabbergasted at the amount of support that the US President still has.

So, here's my question, and I direct it only to Trump supporters: "Do you actually spend any time listening to what he says, with your brain engaged to hear the meaning of his words?"

Here's a great example -- though it's long. This is his COVID-19 presser today, April 4. There are so many lies, there are so many false accusations against others, that I find it difficult to believe that nobody actually stands up and say, "The emperor has no clothes." Here's the link:

So, Trump supporters. Do you actually, really, critically listen? Or do you just worship?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Incoming smug, snarky comments that dodge the question in 3, 2, 1...
The 2 of you have set up the thread to avoid any real discussion.
And my pointing this out fulfills your prediction.
Now I predict that one of the usual suspects will chortle at your triumph.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The 2 of you have set up the thread to avoid any real discussion.
And my pointing this out fulfills your prediction.
Now I predict that one of the usual suspects will chortle at your triumph.
Okay, in what way have I set it up to "avoid any real discussion?" I'm willing to try to fix that, although I find the notion of listening to the entire thing again for the third time a bit daunting.

The question asked in the thread, however, is I think a valid one. For example, I've said before that I have never been a supporter of Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario. But I have listened carefully to what he has said -- and to be sure, he made some flubs early on. But through listening, I have been changing my attitude towards him, and now find myself supporting him in what he's trying to do during the present crisis. I am, in short, trying to be honest, trying to be fair, trying to LISTEN.

So tell me what you want, and if I can manufacture the time, I'll try to provide it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Okay, in what way have I set it up to "avoid any real discussion?" I'm willing to try to fix that, although I find the notion of listening to the entire thing again for the third time a bit daunting.

The question asked in the thread, however, is I think a valid one. For example, I've said before that I have never been a supporter of Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario. But I have listened carefully to what he has said -- and to be sure, he made some flubs early on. But through listening, I have been changing my attitude towards him, and now find myself supporting him in what he's trying to do during the present crisis. I am, in short, trying to be honest, trying to be fair, trying to LISTEN.

So tell me what you want, and if I can manufacture the time, I'll try to provide it.
You started off so negative, eg, "lies", naked emperor.
Isn't there a neutral way to broach your subject?

Btw, I'm just here to help (unlike the other guy).
I really would like to see these 2 opposing sides
converse in a civil & productive manner.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
92031980_10156875703956536_6595520816765468672_n.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is a serious question, because I am truly interested, and often flabbergasted at the amount of support that the US President st
This is a serious question, because I am truly interested, and often flabbergasted at the amount of support that the US President still has.

So, here's my question, and I direct it only to Trump supporters: "Do you actually spend any time listening to what he says, with your brain engaged to hear the meaning of his words?"

Here's a great example -- though it's long. This is his COVID-19 presser today, April 4. There are so many lies, there are so many false accusations against others, that I find it difficult to believe that nobody actually stands up and say, "The emperor has no clothes." Here's the link:

So, Trump supporters. Do you actually, really, critically listen? Or do you just worship?

ill has.

What's even the point? You could attribute the qualities of worship to us Trump supporters, only to be eclipsed by your immense hate and distain for the man no matter what he says as evidenced by the countless threads made on this forum already.

Serious question? Don't make me laugh.

But if you're looking for an answer I don't think Trump is doing any better or worse than anybody else would have in the same situation.

leov

did not vote for him, not a real supporter, do not hate him, do not trust him (nor any other POTUS) but i suspect that coronavirus is 'wag the dog' thing. so, wait and see.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I usually don't talk with mother about politics, but she is a Trump supporter. She said that she agrees with republican decisions. Trump is just a "icon" but the decisions aren't fully made by him. She also mentioned the democrats were the forerunners of our bad history. I wish I can look up more but it will take a bit to shift through the junk.

I doubt Trump supporters are worshiping Trump. I just find people are disliking the guy more than his "party's" politics.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You started off so negative, eg, "lies", naked emperor.
Isn't there a neutral way to broach your subject?

Btw, I'm just here to help (unlike the other guy).
I really would like to see these 2 opposing sides
converse in a civil & productive manner.
But it's an objective, verifiable fact that Trump has been dishonest about a great many things. How do you propose one be "neutral" in this regard?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I usually don't talk with mother about politics, but she is a Trump supporter. She said that she agrees with republican decisions. Trump is just a "icon" but the decisions aren't fully made by him. She also mentioned the democrats were the forerunners of our bad history. I wish I can look up more but it will take a bit to shift through the junk.

I doubt Trump supporters are worshiping Trump. I just find people are disliking the guy more than his "party's" politics.
You hit the nail on the head just by saying the decisions are not fully made by him.

It would be incredibly refreshing if more people would realize that.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's an opinion, & a hostile one at that.
If I know a poster is stupid, does that make it OK to tell'm so?

The OP's question is poorly worded, agreed. But your response was to Father Heathen asking how you be neutral towards someone who consistently lies. You said " discuss the statement without judging". How do you call a spade a spade without passing judgement? Seriously. If I say, so and so lied, here is the verifiable proof. How does that pass judgement?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The OP's question is poorly worded, agreed. But your response was to Father Heathen asking how you be neutral towards someone who consistently lies. You said " discuss the statement without judging". How do you call a spade a spade without passing judgement? Seriously. If I say, so and so lied, here is the verifiable proof. How does that pass judgement?
Try this....
When asking a question, imagine talking to a
good friend, or better yet a spouse.
How to ask the question without p****g'm off.