• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question For Forum Members

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It seems that there is a little discord among members of this forum and in this country about the killing of the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, which is a designated terrorist organization. However we didn't see much discord over the killing of Osama bin Laden. Farqua Qatani, Abu Muhammad Adnani, Hafiz Saeed Khan, Rahman Mustafa Qaduli, Abu Nabil, Mohammed Emwazi, Mhusin Fadhli, Ali Awni Harzi, Mokhtar Belmokhtar, Adan Garar, Adam Gadahn, Hakimullah Mehsud, Malvi Nazir, Abu Yahya al Libi, Sakhr Taifi, Abdul-Rahman Awiaki, Ibrahim Banna, Anwar Awlaki, Atiyah Abdul Rahman, LLyas Kashmiri, Abdallah Umar Qurayshi, Sheik Said Masri, Hussein Yemeni, Baitullah Mahsud,
Just wondering what the difference is?

BTW, Anwar al-Awlaki was an American citizen with no charges against him. His 17 year old son (also an American citizen) was annihilated along with about 30 other innocent citizens. I don't remember any great outcry against the Obama administration concerning this murder. Righteous indignation, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, I guess...

esmith

Veteran Member
This happened in 2011... are you sure you are remembering the sentiment of RF'ers accurately?
You do realize don't you that my statement was " a little discord among members of this forum and in this country"
So to answer your question, Yes.

But beyond that, I'm not sure that this is an apples to apples comparison.
Please explain why you think this is different?

shmogie

It seems that there is a little discord among members of this forum and in this country about the killing of the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, which is a designated terrorist organization. However we didn't see much discord over the killing of Osama bin Laden. Farqua Qatani, Abu Muhammad Adnani, Hafiz Saeed Khan, Rahman Mustafa Qaduli, Abu Nabil, Mohammed Emwazi, Mhusin Fadhli, Ali Awni Harzi, Mokhtar Belmokhtar, Adan Garar, Adam Gadahn, Hakimullah Mehsud, Malvi Nazir, Abu Yahya al Libi, Sakhr Taifi, Abdul-Rahman Awiaki, Ibrahim Banna, Anwar Awlaki, Atiyah Abdul Rahman, LLyas Kashmiri, Abdallah Umar Qurayshi, Sheik Said Masri, Hussein Yemeni, Baitullah Mahsud,
Just wondering what the difference is?
The difference is TDS. ANYTHING Trump does is defacto, wrong.

I personally hated obama as president, but when he violated Pakastani air space to kill bin laden without notifying congress, I counted it as a great move on obama's part, and said so. The recently vaporized iranian general probablywas directly responsible for many, many more people than bin laden.

Because they are deranged by Trump, democrats cannot give him credit for anything. He could raise someone from the dead and they would criticize him for wrinkling the sheet over the previously dead person.

Their logic is thus, Iranians kill Americans, do not respond, because the Iranians might kill Americans.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's not who was killed that's at issue, but when and where it happened and the potential domino effect into a long term, large scale conflict.
I hear that on the radio

the fellow of question was a guest in another country

and if our friends invite an enemy....should we care?

that's the impression I got

shmogie

Is supposed to mean something? Some would say that the IDF are terrorists. We don't even designate KKK or neo-Nazi groups as terrorists even when they're responsible for most of the domestic terrorism in the US. So that don't mean much to me. It's just a political thing.
You obviously have no idea who pulls off most domestic terrorism in the US.

shmogie

In politics there are good reasons... and then real reasons.

The good reasons are the ones that are publicized, the real reasons remain unspoken.

Sure, if the individual is a threat, then, it makes sense to mitigate the threat, and that's a good reason.

But if an election is coming, start a war... that's the real reason behind this. It's 6 months before the election.
War takes two parties. Do you think Iran will invade the US, or fly over and bomb us ? No.

Irans response will be puny compared to a real war. We can project whatever power we desire to Iran, they are very limited in projection of power.

If they kill one, and in response we kill 100, or 200 they will figure it out.

If this kind of response was employed 40 years ago, iran would now be a responsible nation.

Iran started out as a petulant bully. Instead of corrected the bully immediately, we ignored it and every bully act it committed. In a strange way, we brought irans attacks on ourselves because we didn't spank the bully.

The election motivates the democrats and their crazy nonsense.

I don't think it was a major consideration of Trumps in smoking this terrorist.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I was not racist. I was commenting on Tucker Carlsen and Trumps' attitude to race.

You were commenting on your personal perception of Tucker Carlson and Trump which had nothing to do with the rest of your post, what purpose did you have to include it? What was the relavance?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
very brave of you...

but your courage and possible martyrdom
is not a trophy

not for you anyway

with your head in hand they will proclaim
Allah be praised
Lol That wont happen, they have no reason to kill me, and i have no reason to harm them. It is only people who think bad about others they will harm

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
...for someone far from harm...
They can harm me if they will, but they can not take away what I believe in, nor have they any reason to harm me. Why does everyone believe Islam is about harming others? Those who harm others (terrorists) and call themself Muslims are not of true Islam. nor do they have virtue. Many Muslims have a lot of virtue

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
If Norway is stupid enough to follow America into war with Iran, it could be ugly in Norway too. and of course, if they drop bombs here I might get harmed, who knows. But i will not hate them for it.
I think your location, and lifestyle are accurately described as "far from harm". It's not at all equivalent to someone who lives in Israel or America. That is the point. It's relatively easy to be a pacifist when living in Norway was a hermit.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think your location, and lifestyle are accurately described as "far from harm". It's not at all equivalent to someone who lives in Israel or America. That is the point. It's relatively easy to be a pacifist when living in Norway was a hermit.
I would be just as much pacifist no matter where I live, my location does not change my view on harming others. I could even move to Iran and still be just as peaceful and pacifistic as I am today.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You were commenting on your personal perception of Tucker Carlson and Trump which had nothing to do with the rest of your post, what purpose did you have to include it? What was the relavance?
Probably none at all; and it has allowed you to deflect. So lesson learnt.
Original post edited to remove the offending adjectives

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is there any difference between Russia killing a member of a far right terrorist organization and a Cabinet Official who is carrying out the orders of the President?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And we're seeing true TDS on the part of those who think he can do no wrong or don't care what he does.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I would be just as much pacifist no matter where I live, my location does not change my view on harming others. I could even move to Iran and still be just as peaceful and pacifistic as I am today.
OK. I respect that.