• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for atheists who don't believe in God

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
What made u lakc in belief friend penguin?

For me, and I can only speak for me..., nothing made me lack belief....

Well, hold on,......christianity, islam and judaism share in the same myths....so maybe that's what it was....

can;t u find answers in other beliefs,

Answers to what?....I have no questions that religion can answer.

y loosing hope so early?

I have hope....but you do know that "Hope" and "Faith" are completely separate....right....?

syberpriend

For me, and I can only speak for me..., nothing made me lack belief....

Well, hold on,......christianity, islam and judaism share in the same myths....so maybe that's what it was....

Well if u r talking for belief in God, yes, we do share same, but in Islam, its only purely 1 God, no incarnate God as in Christians. We live our life happily and peacefuly with the commandments given, and we dont see any un-ethical or un-human laws in that. It gives us good society with rights for evvery human and citizenn.

Answers to what?....I have no questions that religion can answer.

Normaly ppl they ask question, who created god, how life begin etc etc, others for morals, ofcourse there is guidlline, but depends on ur questions

I have hope....but you do know that "Hope" and "Faith" are completely separate....right....?
Yes, hope can make u feel sad or happy, faith always makes u happpy and contended.
.Thanks

Exactly what is it you are not believing in? What is "God"?

Have you ever discussed the Lord of the Rings with a Tolkien Fan? They know better than you do exactly what Eru Ilúvatar is supposed to be able to do and what Eru's nature is. But that's fine - you don't need to know all the details before you say "I don't see any reason to believe that Eru exists in real life." Just knowing the process by which a story was written about Eru is sufficient.

There are many supreme deities: Ar, El, Dyaus, Ahura Mazda, Kartikeya, Teshub, Kugu Jumo, Baiame, Ghmerti, Unkulunkulu, Chiminigagua, Endovelicus, Amenominakanushi, Angwusnasomtaka... the list goes on and on.

And these deities tend to have certain attributes in common (from Wikipedia:)

Creation: Most of these gods derive their power from the fact that they created the world, formulated its laws and/or created life forms notably humans.

Divine Wisdom: Some Kings of Gods possess superior wisdom and clairvoyance, compared to most beings.

Conquest, Law, Justice, Order, Time and Fate: Most kings of gods have the ability to control the events of battle and grant victory to those who deserve it. They are seen as paragons of law and promote order. They are seen as powerful manifestations of their respective civilizations. Some gods either possess great skill in war or tremendous physical strength. Some of them have some control over time and regulate it with seasons.

Actually there's a couple more strong correlations:

God of the Sun, Daylight or Celestial Fire: Some kings of gods are associated with the Sun, as it is life giving and is a powerful symbol of order. They are said to be in charge of celestial fire which are purifying by nature.

Dominion over the sky: Many such deities hold control over all aspects of the sky, such as weather, rain, thunderstorms, air, winds and celestial objects like stars. They use lightning bolts as personal weapons.

But do you believe Odin exists? Was it necessary for you to carry out extensive research on what those who follow Odin (and he does still have followers) think, before deciding whether to believe or not?

Kfox

Exactly what is it you are not believing in? What is "God"?
When I say I don’t believe in God, I am saying I don’t believe the claims people make concerning whatever it is they call God. Different people call different things God and of everything I’ve heard called God, none of the claims of said God sound realistic to me, so I dismiss the claims.