• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about The Second Amendment

We Never Know

No Slack
And you think I care? You think I would never reply to that with with *****iness and sarcasm? "Oh, she cussed and, and, her demon pictures scare me!!" Discipline your child? I'm the one reminding parents they are the parents and discipline doesn't mean a bruised butt. I usually don't care if I offend someone over dumb stuff. But sometimes, depending on my mood, I care enough to hurt their feelings more and salt the wounds. And throw the knife back in them as I depart.
I realize all that. You fail to realize I don't care and I'm prone to lashing out.

Thanks. You just verified you are in and part of the eailsy offended generation.
No offence(oh the irony) but why have you spent 14 years of your life here(since your were 18 to now 32)?
18! Did you not have anything better to do or have friends to hang with?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wow! You've been here since you were 18 and 14 years later you're still just as naive as the day you arrived here.
You've been not even here for a year. You know this, how? I mean, really, even I'm embarrassed when I see some of my older posts from back then. I've been here awhile, but you're the young dumb *** who knows it all.
That speaks loads of your generation.
And what of those who are twice my age or close to it and been here for about a decade or more, or even longer than I have? If you want to play "dumb examples," I declare the entire generation of hippies and draft dodgers a generation of internet junkies who have way tons more posts than everybody else where they post just like Revoltingest does here. His entire generation. They prowl internet forums and fire off posts faster than the guns they may or may not have used in 'Nam. It's a generational trait.
But, I'm curious. What does it speak? Do those numbers reflect my real life experiences? Do they experience how much time I actually spend here, active and absences, when I'm being busy and productive or when I'm basically stuck at home and bored? Do they indicate I'm not senior citizen aged like Sunstone who has more posts than me and has been here longer than me or like Revoltingest who's only a few years behind me but miles and miles ahead in posts? What about the top 5 here in general? We've all been here for awhile, and we're all older than the world wide web.

We Never Know

No Slack
You've been not even here for a year. You know this, how? I mean, really, even I'm embarrassed when I see some of my older posts from back then. I've been here awhile, but you're the young dumb *** who knows it all.

And what of those who are twice my age or close to it and been here for about a decade or more, or even longer than I have? If you want to play "dumb examples," I declare the entire generation of hippies and draft dodgers a generation of internet junkies who have way tons more posts than everybody else where they post just like Revoltingest does here. His entire generation. They prowl internet forums and fire off posts faster than the guns they may or may not have used in 'Nam. It's a generational trait.
But, I'm curious. What does it speak? Do those numbers reflect my real life experiences? Do they experience how much time I actually spend here, active and absences, when I'm being busy and productive or when I'm basically stuck at home and bored? Do they indicate I'm not senior citizen aged like Sunstone who has more posts than me and has been here longer than me or like Revoltingest who's only a few years behind me but miles and miles ahead in posts? What about the top 5 here in general? We've all been here for awhile, and we're all older than the world wide web.

Oh I see. Instead of addressing what's at hand you want to deflect it to the older ones that have been here longer.
I bet at 18 they were out having fun instead of being on a forum. I know that because when they are 18, these forums didn't exist. But you go girl.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Did you not have anything better to do or have friends to hang with?
Well, apparently you actually do assume this is all do. You have me right now. Guilty as charged. My car is in another state and the town I'm stuck in for the time being is tiny and everyone I know here is in there "summer state." But a sample of those "didn't you have better things to do" things I did include graduating college, professional work experience, articles and stories published, art on display in a gallery, recording bass in a couple demos, acted in plays, travel around continental US, gained tons of personal insight and growth, grown away from the dumb-teen phase I was in, quit drinking to drunkenness, learned how to make simple robots, learned how to repair and enhance electronic devices, achieved a solid a "base conversational level" of German (I need more German speakers to get better), read a ton of books, moved to another state, found new hobbies, fishing and hiking, and lots of finger food dive-in buffets of fish fries and crawdad boils enjoyed with friends.
I say with confidence I have grown significantly, learned a great deal, and have been rather productive with life, fulfilling it, and achieving goals.
So, what have YOU done over the past 14 years? And did you do despite having "head-to-toe" illnesses and pains and being medically needy? A did you also do awesome things with your life while having at least give surgeries and spending a significant chunk of it on crutches and canes? Have you had to put in tremendous effort into training yourself to overcome an impairment that even makes it difficult to get a job? Have you been doing your thing and staying employed while having a doctors recommendation for disabilities in one hand?
So, do tell, what marvelous things have you been up to?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh I see. Instead of addressing what's at hand you want to deflect it to the older ones that have been here longer.
Probably because length of time doesn't indicate age. And it doesn't reflect how much time I actually spend here. Wanna know about the times I *gasp* wasn't here? And *shock* wasn't active because I was too busy doing other things? It's not a deflection, but observation that you're going "oh my god, you've been here awhile, you don't have a life and haven't done anything with it!" You say I'm easily offended, but you're the one who's low enough to try and criticize that doesn't mean anything.
But you better have been damn busy over these past 14 years. My name won't be reduced to only a tombstone after I'm dead. Have you achieved that?

We Never Know

No Slack
Well, apparently you actually do assume this is all do. You have me right now. Guilty as charged. My car is in another state and the town I'm stuck in for the time being is tiny and everyone I know here is in there "summer state." But a sample of those "didn't you have better things to do" things I did include graduating college, professional work experience, articles and stories published, art on display in a gallery, recording bass in a couple demos, acted in plays, travel around continental US, gained tons of personal insight and growth, grown away from the dumb-teen phase I was in, quit drinking to drunkenness, learned how to make simple robots, learned how to repair and enhance electronic devices, achieved a solid a "base conversational level" of German (I need more German speakers to get better), read a ton of books, moved to another state, found new hobbies, fishing and hiking, and lots of finger food dive-in buffets of fish fries and crawdad boils enjoyed with friends.
I say with confidence I have grown significantly, learned a great deal, and have been rather productive with life, fulfilling it, and achieving goals.
So, what have YOU done over the past 14 years? And did you do despite having "head-to-toe" illnesses and pains and being medically needy? A did you also do awesome things with your life while having at least give surgeries and spending a significant chunk of it on crutches and canes? Have you had to put in tremendous effort into training yourself to overcome an impairment that even makes it difficult to get a job? Have you been doing your thing and staying employed while having a doctors recommendation for disabilities in one hand?
So, do tell, what marvelous things have you been up to?

Your car is in another state and the town you're stuck in,,,, is 14 years later since you've been here.
In my generation at 18 we partied, back roaded, went spot lighting,went floating, fishing, four wheeling, fought, fu%$ed, hiked, and many other things. We didn't spender on 18 to 32(14 years) on a meaningless forum(no offense RF but your not a normal part of reality for growing kids).
But hey, do your thing, as I said your generation is way different.

We Never Know

No Slack
Probably because length of time doesn't indicate age. And it doesn't reflect how much time I actually spend here. Wanna know about the times I *gasp* wasn't here? And *shock* wasn't active because I was too busy doing other things? It's not a deflection, but observation that you're going "oh my god, you've been here awhile, you don't have a life and haven't done anything with it!" You say I'm easily offended, but you're the one who's low enough to try and criticize that doesn't mean anything.
But you better have been damn busy over these past 14 years. My name won't be reduced to only a tombstone after I'm dead. Have you achieved that?

Oh and your right. The length of time here spent doesn't indicate age. But when you list your age as 32, and have been here since 2005, that indicates your age now and then. End of story.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In my generation at 18 we partied, back roaded, went spot lighting,went floating, fishing, four wheeling, fought, fu%$ed, hiked,
I found time for all that too between doctor's appointments, opening nights, running clubs, volunteering, recovery time from surgeries, dealing with daily aches and pains, and yet still I LARP, write, draw, have partied my party days out of me, but I have never really been a fighter. I've been in one fight. And you have to brag about ****ing? Woo! You achievements and life is so typical and utterly what everybody else does. You were a typical teen. I was suffering and developing the foundations of my future success. I did all you mentioned, lots more, and I have Asperger's.
Your car is in another state and the town you're stuck in,,,
That's today. **** happens, I'm stuck at the moment, and killing time here. But I'm getting it back early Friday morning. Then my "poor quality social shut in life" is going to pick up resume doing things and checking off goals and achievements. It's braggy, but damn you're pretty judgemental of someone else's life when your own seems nothing remarkable or exceptional. Go back a bit further than 14 years and I was writing computer programs for teachers and hospital nurses. Talk to the hand or go bark up another tree if you want to accuse someone climbing mountains of having done nothing with their life.

We Never Know

No Slack
I found time for all that too between doctor's appointments, opening nights, running clubs, volunteering, recovery time from surgeries, dealing with daily aches and pains, and yet still I LARP, write, draw, have partied my party days out of me, but I have never really been a fighter. I've been in one fight. And you have to brag about ****ing? Woo! You achievements and life is so typical and utterly what everybody else does. You were a typical teen. I was suffering and developing the foundations of my future success. I did all you mentioned, lots more, and I have Asperger's.

That's today. **** happens, I'm stuck at the moment, and killing time here. But I'm getting it back early Friday morning. Then my "poor quality social shut in life" is going to pick up resume doing things and checking off goals and achievements. It's braggy, but damn you're pretty judgemental of someone else's life when your own seems nothing remarkable or exceptional. Go back a bit further than 14 years and I was writing computer programs for teachers and hospital nurses. Talk to the hand or go bark up another tree if you want to accuse someone climbing mountains of having done nothing with their life.

And that's all great. It still doesn't address that you've been here 14 years, since you were 18(currently 32) and have been spilling your problems since then.
It's none of my business but don't **** on my back and try to tell me it's raining.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Cool! You still have your banjo?

Not musically inclined in the slightest, not to mention Banjo pickin' requires some of the highest level of dexterity of any string instrument. I have bear paws for hands, strong but no agility.

It would be very different going up against well trained and equipped enemy soldiers.

Why would that ever happen? Foreign invaders I guess? Guerilla tactics my boy. Use the home field advantage. Same strat the Vietnamese used against the U.S. and it worked well against us.

I misread your post. I thought you were saying that the military got to choose who they would defend.

They defend America, its people, and the Constitution. Anyone that goes against these are the enemy, foreign or domestic.

I somehow missed that you were talking about rebellion.

Well yeah the anti-gun crowd is in rebellion. You are possibly witnessing the beginning of a second civil war.

Though I doubt that the issue would dissolve into open rebellion by the entire gun control crowd.

It already has, mostly a cold war at the moment, with little sports of violence here and there.

Also, there are a lot of people in the military from metropolitan areas of the country too. I haven't got the figures, but I have met a lot of veterans and active duty soldiers from cities.

Suare, but they are also poor. Old money doesn't contribute to the soldier population. Old money produces liberals.

We Never Know

No Slack
Perhaps you may not want to say to someone you don't know at all "what have you done with your life other waste it?" More than you, apparently.

I'm a retired engineer. I'm a stickler to detail, it's part of my career. I see several here that claim to have jobs or be working scientists but yet are here to 4am, off for 6 hours, back on for 6 hours, back off for 3 hours, back on for 6 hours, etc.
That tells me that don't have a steady job, let alone a career. They post, sleep, post, sleep, post, have a little running time, post, sleep repeat.
Being a stickler is a curse to some, a blessing to others.
It is what it is.

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
For one, there is no revolution

Its begun already, we have been in the cold war part of it for awhile. But the violence is intensifying. If Trump wins 2020 I expect a full revolution from the left.

People talk a lot about how this or that will prevent it from ever happening, this or that can't happen, or that they need their super high-rate-of-volume high-capacity magazine so they can fight against Uncle Sam

I am not worried about Uncle Sam atm.

Those fighting guerilla will be the last ones alive.

See my post #112.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Here's a start:

High capacity magazines
Licensing
Registration
Complete background checks for all purchases

Define high capacity? 5? 10? 15? 20? Etc Rounds.

Licensing, which kind? FFL, or CCL, or do you propose a new license?

Registration is already a thing.

Complete background checks is already a thing, except for private sales that is voluntary. But since a weapon is registered to the original purchaser, if that weapon is ever used in a crime, it will be automatically traced back to the original purchaser.

So people who buy/sale firearms privately take it very seriously or else you could go to jail for murder because you sold a gun to someone who used it to commit murder.

Personally I stay away from the private market for firearms purchaes for this reason. Though I will use it for accessories, ammo, etc.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm a retired engineer. I'm a stickler to detail, it's part of my career. I as several here that claim to have jobs or be working scientists but yet are here to 4am, off for 6 hours, back on for 6 hours, back off for 3 hours, back on for 6 hours, etc.
So, you're retired, and all you've done is ordinary stuff? I know I sat on my *** watching MTV a lot as a kid, but damn. People wanna give me generational grief, again,and assume I've wasted my life?
That tells me that don't have a steady job, let alone a career.
I do independent contracting at the moment. It's great for what I need at the moment because I moved from Indiana to California (getting out of Indiana: another life goal I've checked off) pretty much a year ago exact to the date, and between going here-and-there as I get settled in and decide where to go and what to do in what really is a new life filled with new opportunities I haven't really committed to anything here yet. It's looking like I probably will get at my Master's in psych after all, because I did "find motivation" a bit late and I have time to still pursue "less certain options," I'm just not fresh out of high school anymore. But, at the same time, the thought of going on disabilities so I have them in the event my health gets even worse and so I have income so I can say "screw it all" and throw my cards to air, roll the dice, and see where every thing lands.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Your car is in another state and the town you're stuck in,,,, is 14 years later since you've been here.
In my generation at 18 we partied, back roaded, went spot lighting,went floating, fishing, four wheeling, fought, fu%$ed, hiked, and many other things. We didn't spender on 18 to 32(14 years) on a meaningless forum(no offense RF but your not a normal part of reality for growing kids).
But hey, do your thing, as I said your generation is way different.

:facepalm:

We Never Know

No Slack
So, you're retired, and all you've done is ordinary stuff? I know I sat on my *** watching MTV a lot as a kid, but damn. People wanna give me generational grief, again,and assume I've wasted my life?

I do independent contracting at the moment. It's great for what I need at the moment because I moved from Indiana to California (getting out of Indiana: another life goal I've checked off) pretty much a year ago exact to the date, and between going here-and-there as I get settled in and decide where to go and what to do in what really is a new life filled with new opportunities I haven't really committed to anything here yet. It's looking like I probably will get at my Master's in psych after all, because I did "find motivation" a bit late and I have time to still pursue "less certain options," I'm just not fresh out of high school anymore. But, at the same time, the thought of going on disabilities so I have them in the event my health gets even worse and so I have income so I can say "screw it all" and throw my cards to air, roll the dice, and see where every thing lands.

I am retired. I own a little over a hundred acre horse ranch here in Oklahoma. It's my hobby and also became a job. I love it.

I don't want to give you grief or say you wasted your life. What you have done with your life is by your choices.
As I said, don't try to **** down my back and try to tell me it's raining. I'm too much of a stickler.
But no matter what, I do wish you the best and happiness in life.

Enoch07

Premium Member
most recruits come from middle class neighborhoods from families that make between $40,000 and $80,000 per year.

Your numbers are close. 83% of the military are poor to middle class. 17% are come from rich backgrounds, these are most likely officers, intelligence, communications etc and not grunt soldiers though.

I have no statistics on the anti-gun crowd and just anecdotal evidence.

That's easy. Its middle class to upper class college students from suburban areas.