• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about Melek Ta'us

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Is Melek Ta'us possessive toward his followers?

I value liberty so I just wondered if anyone knew if a person that valued liberty should venerate Melek Ta'us.

Thank you for your interaction.

Jedster

I value liberty so I just wondered if anyone knew if a person that valued liberty should venerate Melek Ta'us.

I have a friend who did a talk on the Peacock Angel.I shall ask him

@rosends
Am I spelling it right? מלך טעות?
No, you are mixing Ashkenazi and Sephardi pronunciations
Closer would be מּﬥךּ טּאַסּ

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

Are you enquiring about the Yazidi conception of Melek Taus? i.e. are you interested in the idea of becoming a follower of the Yazidi faith?

Tumah

Veteran Member
No, you are mixing Ashkenazi and Sephardi pronunciations
Closer would be מּﬥךּ טּאַסּ
No Sephardi pronunciation there at all. It was just a joke.
Judging from wikipedia, its probably closer to טווס which actually is a peacock.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
God is either nature, or he's man, or he doesn't exist. I tend to think he's man. Honestly, there are days I feel like I have no clue.

Okay. My reason for asking is that God is of fundamental importance in Yazidi belief. God is the Creator of the world, and of human beings.
Melek Taus is an emanation of God, the first and chief of the Angels (rather than a fallen Angel, or the Deceiver) and the ruler of this world. So if you choose to follow Melek Taus, you should, like Melek Taus, submit to God.

Now, you don't have to follow the Yazidi conception of Melek Taus, of course. But that is a rather different proposition. :)

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Okay. My reason for asking is that God is of fundamental importance in Yazidi belief. God is the Creator of the world, and of human beings.
Melek Taus is an emanation of God, the first and chief of the Angels (rather than a fallen Angel, or the Deceiver) and the ruler of this world. So if you choose to follow Melek Taus, you should, like Melek Taus, submit to God.

Now, you don't have to follow the Yazidi conception of Melek Taus, of course. But that is a rather different proposition. :)
Hey thanks. Just wondering, you think I might be some sort of LaVeyan?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Hey thanks. Just wondering, you think I might be some sort of LaVeyan?

You can be anything you want to be! I assume you've done a bit of reading around the subject? The Wikipedia page on LaVeyan Satanism ain't bad, but there are of course all sorts of other sources out there, not least The Satanic Bible. You could also check in with LaVeyans on here - I believe there are one or two - maybe post a new thread in the Satanism DIR? There may also be some resources over there, I can't quite remember.

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi there! Sorry god being so late. From what we know in the Al-Jilwah and other interpretations of Yezidi religion, Melek Taus is indeed passive. He is thought to control nature in a deterministic way from what I can see, bestow suffering or pleasure, interfere in the events of men, etc and so on.