• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about houses that are haunted by demons

Frank Goad

Can houses become haunted by demons.If the former owners left the house.But did alot of occult things in the house right before they left?If the answer is yes how would you make them leave?:)I ask this out of curiosity.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can houses become haunted by demons.If the former owners left the house.But did alot of occult things in the house right before they left?If the answer is yes how would you make them leave?:)I ask this out of curiosity.
You sneak up behind them in the dark and just when they least expect it, you shout BOO!

Works every time.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I guess it just depends on the culture. In Ireland and Scotland, you Sain (bless) a home before moving in to it. In Thelema, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is sometimes used. In some parts of India and Hindu practice, to keep evil away, you hang lemon and chilies in your home or kitchen.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, demons can infest a home. You do an exorcism of sorts to banish them.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The home probably has some sort of occult material in it, like a Ouija board, that had probably been used.

(I keep highlighting *probably*.... It doesn’t have to be.)

They are masters at manipulation. One concept they’ve been particularly adept at misleading people into believing, is that humans live on, immediately after death.
So a demon may inhabit a house where someone has died, getting people to believe that the dead person’s “spirit” is inhabiting the house.

It’s really the demon!

They will use spirit mediums or any other ways to promote that fallacy.

They are stronger than us — they are the “Angels that sinned,” who “forsook their proper dwelling place” (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6), [HOW??] who rebelled before the Flood (Genesis 6:1-4) — so we don’t have any power over them...only with help from Jehovah & Jesus.

You can find more Bible-based answers on the subject at this resource:
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/tl/r1/lp-e?q=demons

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Yes, it's possible for demons to inhabit a house if the former owner practiced occult rituals inside the house. It is possible that the former owner could have conjured a demon, whether intentional or not. If the entity in the house is demonic, then I would strongly suggest having a priest come and perform an exorcism and a blessing. The priest may have to perform more than one exorcism and blessing within the house, depending on how strong the demon is, or depending upon how many demons are in the house.

Otherwise, a benign human spirit can be carefully ejected from a house by simply asking the spirit to leave, and a good smudging with white oak sage and palo santo sticks can also do the trick. However, if the spirit is stubborn and doesn't want to leave, then I recommend utilizing the influence of a psychic medium to help encourage the spirit to crossover. That being said, a person with the gifts of Clairvoyance (the ability to see spirits), Clair audience (the ability to hear disembodied voices), and Clair sentience (the ability to feel the presence of spirits) may also be able to persuade the human spirit to leave the house. On the other hand, if the spirit in the house is malicious and there's moderate to severe poltergeist activity, then I would recommend a priest come and perform an exorcism and blessing. A psychic medium could expel the mischievous spirit, but their psychic powers would have to be stronger than the spirit's will to stay. It could take a significant amount of time to expel a demon or a human spirit from a house.

Last edited: