• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A proposed solution for Young Earth Creationism

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Or maybe wanted the women to have a break cause the husbands wouldn’t do any of the housework. Big party outside the camp for the women, they loved it.

When he could have simply said that husbands should do housework also.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Or wasn’t into robots and let people choose, then when they were unmoved their head He bailed them out Himself.

But, being omniscient, he would have known when he designed them that they would do this. So he designed A&E with the full knowledge that they would choose to do other than what he dictated.

That sounds like a design flaw (error) to me. At the very least, he was negligent and when he got upset at them doing what he knew they would do from the beginning, he was being hypocritical.

Being omnipotent, he could have given them choice but not the choice to go against his wishes in important things. That he did not do so, shows him to have committed another error. And, given that he knew this would lead to punishment, even eternal punishment, for many, he was being evil as well.

Not exactly a role model of moral character, I would say.

But, being omniscient, he would have known when he designed them that they would do this. So he designed A&E with the full knowledge that they would choose to do other than what he dictated.

That sounds like a design flaw (error) to me. At the very least, he was negligent and when he got upset at them doing what he knew they would do from the beginning, he was being hypocritical.

Being omnipotent, he could have given them choice but not the choice to go against his wishes in important things. That he did not do so, shows him to have committed another error. And, given that he knew this would lead to punishment, even eternal punishment, for many, he was being evil as well.

Not exactly a role model of moral character, I would say.
I see God as all wise and since He created mankind knows exactly what we need and demonstrated that, IMO

Yazata

What do you guys think about the idea that God created an aged universe, which is why we see evidence of a very old Earth.

Bertrand Russell used to discuss the idea that the universe started just a second ago, complete with all the false evidences of a past that never happened.

This kind of example falls into the category of what we might call global skepticism. This isn't skepticism about this or that purported fact among many, but rather skepticism about everything. A recent example is the famous 'brain in a vat' idea seen illustrated in the movie The Matrix.

The bottom line is that unlike skepticism about particular facts, that can be tested by their consistency or inconsistency with the rest of the facts that we don't question, questioning all facts whatsoever leaves us with nothing with which to determine whether our skepticism is correct or not.

So assuming that all empirical evidences would be the same either way, we would seem to have no way of knowing whether the universe is however old the cosmologists say (15 billion years or whatever) or whether it's only a second old.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I see God as all wise and since He created mankind knows exactly what we need and demonstrated that, IMO

But the evidence suggests otherwise. If he knew exactly what was required and knew exactly what would happen, why did things happen the way he didn't want?

Or, if the consequences *were* what he wanted, then the only conclusion I can see is that this deity is evil. I just don't see another option of an omniscient and omnipotent deity.

But the evidence suggests otherwise. If he knew exactly what was required and knew exactly what would happen, why did things happen the way he didn't want?

Or, if the consequences *were* what he wanted, then the only conclusion I can see is that this deity is evil. I just don't see another option of an omniscient and omnipotent deity.
Or Human Beings don’t have all the information they need to make a correct judgement.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Or Human Beings don’t have all the information they need to make a correct judgement.

I'm not sure how more information about the scenario described would change the judgement.

Remember that A&E got booted from Eden because they ate of a tree of knowledge. Once again, an apt metaphor for the entire religion: knowledge is seen as evil. Mindless devotion is the goal.

I'm not sure how more information about the scenario described would change the judgement.

Remember that A&E got booted from Eden because they ate of a tree of knowledge. Once again, an apt metaphor for the entire religion: knowledge is seen as evil. Mindless devotion is the goal.
I don’t see it like mindless devotion, I see God creating human beings with the ability to take care of the garden, name all the animals, walking in fellowship with their Creator, how awesome! Just think of that! Personally I can’t wait for that day to see God face to face.

Bear Wild

I don’t see it like mindless devotion, I see God creating human beings with the ability to take care of the garden, name all the animals, walking in fellowship with their Creator, how awesome! Just think of that! Personally I can’t wait for that day to see God face to face.

I am not sure you want to do that. Thor will not be happy with your attitude about the other gods and goddesses. You need to rethink your position before it is your time to meet with Thor. Or even worse for you to meet with Odin.

Bear Wild

Oh and humans developed language to name the animals and we know that birds can have calls ie - names - for other animals including humans. Or was it birds that named humans first?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do agree that God isn’t directly observable but the effects of what He does are observable as in my case.
Observable Fact: I was a drug addict and alcoholic, I cried out to God for His help, He answered and delivered me, saved me, filled me with His Spirit, opened my understanding to know Him and communicate with Him, changed me and gave me new desires and outlook.
But this happens in all religions, with all gods, or even without gods.
Such transformations are well known in psychology. There's no reason to attribute them to magic/God.

Let me guess, after your cryout you started hanging out in whole new social circles, with people who supported you but didn't use drugs.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Not a 100% sure I understand you. But yes I believe you are correct in that a fossil is "sort" of like a stone. But it doesn't really matter in this case, because apparently it takes a minimum of 10.000 years for a fossil to form to million of years, which would kind of disprove a 6000 year old Earth idea.
Human consciousness falsifying information was the biblical warning.

False preaching being theism in creation.

You claim life on earth is a one God history as science owns its human status also. It's first human beliefs as theisms.

Science says I identify life evolution by fossil. Knowing earths mass began cooling with a thin layer forming first.

How a theist compares knowledge from study to theories.

Yet earth is a dense solid mass as compared to first theorising of the fossil.

Fossil information is not life it is formation. Changed strata.

So you take a thesis advice to what you identify rather than rationalise what you cannot identify.

We self warned ourselves about humans who use answers against natural. As the answer is utmost in the seekers theism motivation. To give self an answer no matter what.

In science no answer is not accepted as science. Science claim human I have all the answers even before I look.

A human bio only lives as one self a human biologically as living for one hundred years. Hence evolution is not our human thesis answer.

A human being correct says one moment no human at all. The next moment a whole human. Self identity. One moment first then one hundred years surviving.

So are not owner of any future either.

Surviving just where you are. Science proves that human proof via a human cell.

Not using human proof states a meaning..... is no proof human. The science answer. Science does not accept that answer.

If a human in science says our new life after ice age is about 6000 years survival it is not life they are discussing. Nor evolution of life.

It is human history only.

It is survival of life as the topic as life was saved and life continued to live.

Is not the evolution theory of strata changes.

If life in Moses pyramid about 13000 years ago was decimated....rationally radiation as an effect on human biology lived a half life mutated.

The bio genesis status would claim a medical advice. About 6000 years ago the whole life manifested taking 6000 to 7000 years of healing from radiation.

By status ice reforming end of each year as Cycle. The subject was never any subject rationally than the after effects of man's self developed fall....radiation fallout by the dusts.

Ice 13000 years ago would have owned a greater mass. To which we were cooling returning to.

Science is only a theory I know earths mass to convert it to get energy. As the thesis the reaction formula itself. All strings to planet earths mass. Earth science.

Geology studied is a confirmation that a ground mass stone reaction never detailed the eviction of earths strata. The argument of science versus science.

It detailed how a strata developed in evolution.

Tiberius

Observable Fact: I was a drug addict and alcoholic, I cried out to God for His help, He answered and delivered me, saved me, filled me with His Spirit, opened my understanding to know Him and communicate with Him, changed me and gave me new desires and outlook.

Or perhaps you were, with your faith giving you hope, able to defeat that problem yourself, without any help from God.

That said, I know that overcoming such problems is difficult, and I'm glad you were able to do it. It really is a great accomplishment.

What I see here is "please don't ask the question if you aren't going to accept the answer." And, of course, no one said that we must accept the answer.
No, that’s not what I’m saying, don’t complain about preaching when you continue to move the conversation in that direction. One thing though, I will share what I know and have experienced personally and what I know of God. Whether you accept, believe is up to you, that’s not up to me.

Let me guess, after your cryout you started hanging out in whole new social circles, with people who supported you but didn't use drugs.
Of course I did at first, then I went back to all my friends and told them what God did for me and how my whole life changed, they were saying that I was trying to save the World! I didn’t think that but why wouldn’t I tell everyone? Why would I keep this to myself? I look for people who were like me, caught up in a lifestyle and had no way out.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

I really don't see the big deal. Yahweh is not a personality I want to be acquainted with, I must say.