• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A possible Early Slavic shrine

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I find it interesting. I have already mentioned in these forum the name of the Indo-Aryan God Parjanya, whose name occurs in RigVeda and closely corresponds to Perun, as well as that of the the demon Vala which corresponds to Veles. I find the story of Devin interesting, because we have many stories of divine damsels pursued by demons. At a famous Mother Goddess shrine in Kashmir, Vaishno Devi, the damsel turned into a stone in a cave. There is no idol in this shrine but just three rock protrusions. People generally have to wait for eight to twelve hours to reach the sanctum sanctorum.

p30.jpg
03nlook8.jpg
adhkwari4.JPG
vaishno-devi-in-winters.jpg

Paranoid Android

I find it interesting. I have already mentioned in these forum the name of the Indo-Aryan God Parjanya, whose name occurs in RigVeda and closely corresponds to Perun, as well as that of the the demon Vala which corresponds to Veles. I find the story of Devin interesting, because we have many stories of divine damsels pursued by demons. At a famous Mother Goddess shrine in Kashmir, Vaishno Devi, the damsel turned into a stone in a cave. There is no idol in this shrine but just three rock protrusions. People generally have to wait for eight to twelve hours to reach the sanctum sanctorum.

p30.jpg
03nlook8.jpg

adhkwari4.JPG
vaishno-devi-in-winters.jpg

I like Perun. He was the Polish god of Thunder.