• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A poll about a poll

What can we learn from this poll?

• Trump is a very fine person.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think most Americans are better humans than Trump -- and more and more, they are figuring out the significance of that fact.

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
Trump is a liar, no doubt about that. But I do not trust polls about whether a person is really honest or not. People are constantly told that Trump is lying. Obama was a big time liar as well but his honesty polls were not as bad because people were constantly being told how honest he was and his lies explained away. Polls all too often simply follow what the media want them to be. I prefer to investigate the situation from a wide variety of news sources and reach my own conclusions. These conclusions rarely match what either CNN or Fox want me to believe.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Trump is a liar, no doubt about that. But I do not trust polls about whether a person is really honest or not. People are constantly told that Trump is lying. Obama was a big time liar as well but his honesty polls were not as bad because people were constantly being told how honest he was and his lies explained away. Polls all too often simply follow what the media want them to be. I prefer to investigate the situation from a wide variety of news sources and reach my own conclusions. These conclusions rarely match what either CNN or Fox want me to believe.

Obama was a "big time liar"? Compared to what? Trump? Source, please.

I know all politicians lie, but it seems like quite a stretch to suggest Obama came anywhere near to Trump in that department. Quite a stretch.

HonestJoe

I think what we can learn from this poll is that for polls of abstract person opinions, margins of error are grossly underestimated. I've no idea what the range of public opinion on Trumps honesty actually is but I'm fairly confident it won't fundamentally switch, let alone over such a short period of time.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think what we can learn from this poll is that for polls of abstract person opinions, margins of error are grossly underestimated.
Also, the results can fluctuate dramatically based on whatever is "The Top Story" of the moment.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think most Americans are better humans than Trump -- and more and more, they are figuring out the significance of that fact.
Unfortunately, that "more and more" is still up against a lot of utter stupidity.

Last edited: