• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A philosophical thought relevant to religion.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Even for anti-religionists .... religion is the answer. I don't mean that the anti-religious should become religious. I mean that religion is extremely impactful for *everybody* INCLUDING the anti-religious. [i.e. why bother being anti-religious if religion doesn't matter? Suffering may be bad but the badness of suffering surely matters].

This is 'just' my opinion. i.e.: this is my opinion.

But what is your opinion? What do you think?

P.S. I accept that pro-religion versus anti-religion is not a true dichotomy. But I maintain that even those who don't care about religion positively *or* negatively ... are still impacted by it.

So, what do you reckon? Others could be right and I could be wrong.

A lot of us who see religion is irrelevant to our lives understand the impact that other people's religions have on us. We're a bit indifferent to the impact of religion in and of itself but of the people who pose their beliefs in a manner that harms, indoctrinates, and affects our US laws in who does what, when, and how. It's in part political and depends on the moral of each non-religious person. For many of us, such as myself, we aren't around religious influence insofar that it affects us negatively; so, we recognize the impact but there's really nothing much we can do but educate people. Which, I found on RF, is very hard to do because some religious pick what they are curious to learn about if it's not in their (biblical) scripture.

It highly depends on the area. I'm not anti-religious. Religions are just irrelevant to my life.

SESMeT

The question is "Is religion impactful enough on the world to be worth discussing for both the religious and the nonreligious alike?".

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Even for anti-religionists .... religion is the answer..

It's been my experience that 'religion' is difficult to define, and 'religious' is notoriously difficult to define. Once one starts talking about "anti-religionist" it becomes exceedingly difficult to stay clear of the semantic weeds.