• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A pattern in the middle east...

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
Is it just me or does anyone else see a pattern of "revolutions" in the middle east? And why is it that America supports certain sides of these "revolutions"? I saw a documentary on how the Iraqi envasion of Iran was supported by America but then America ends up taking Saddam Hussein out of power, putting him to death, and reconstructing the government to benefit America's interest (oil). Lybia's Moammar Gadhafi wanted to unify Africa's currency and trade oil for gold only (which would've destroyed America); then all of a sudden "revolutionaries" start popping up and America feels "compelled" to help them take Gadhafi out of power (and kill him). Syria, Pakistan, Sudan, and Yemen are experiencing revolutions too. Yemen and Pakistan are bombarded by drone attacks on a regular basis and Syrian and Sudanese rebels are being supported by America. Bahrain is experiencing a revolution because the people want a Democratic government while the government which is a monarchy is already backed up by America because it allows America a naval military strategic position against Iran. I'm confused :confused: are terrorist still terrorist even if they're back by America. I mean, what is America or Israel going to do if the Syrian government does get overthrown by these rebels and America or Israel attempts to reconstruct the government but the rebels turn against them? I guess anyone who isn't with America is against America. Check out this video and tell me if all this is a coincidence (including the video).

[youtube]lGAOJDtkzJU[/youtube]
General Wesley Clark and Pentagon 7 Middle East Countries Invasion 2001 Memo - YouTube

Rakhel

It all makes sense now.
I had wondered why Clark was considered the laughing stock of the Arkansas Democratic National Committee. He never stood a chance when it came to running for President. The guy couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
It all makes sense now.
I had wondered why Clark was considered the laughing stock of the Arkansas Democratic National Committee. He never stood a chance when it came to running for President. The guy couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.
Yeah, 'cause the truth is always funny :biglaugh:. What kind of politician tells the truth; that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard :sarcastic.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This isn't new, conceptually. Major superpowers of the world have been using proxies to fight wars since...well...since recorded history, really.
The thing I find amazing is how very badly this policy has worked for the US since Vietnam, and the persistence in pursuing foreign policy in this manner.

Rakhel

Yeah, 'cause the truth is always funny :biglaugh:. What kind of politician tells the truth; that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard :sarcastic.

You do realize that this isn't a new story, right?
That Clark has been campaigning for the last 12 years and still hasn't got anywhere, no matter how much "truth" the guy says he knows?

He only has a handful of believers and not even they have all their marbles. But then that could be said of most of Arkansas's politicians.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
You do realize that this isn't a new story, right?
That Clark has been campaigning for the last 12 years and still hasn't got anywhere, no matter how much "truth" the guy says he knows?

He only has a handful of believers and not even they have all their marbles. But then that could be said of most of Arkansas's politicians.
He attempted to run for president in 2004 so yeah I know the story is old but that's the point. The story is old but a lot of what he said is happening. So basically, your saying it's all a coincidence.

Rakhel

He attempted to run for president in 2004 so yeah I know the story is old but that's the point. The story is old but a lot of what he said is happening. So basically, your saying it's all a coincidence.

Pretty much.
I mean to US has been behind many a coup, but 7 at one time? The governs ment can barely handle one coup much less 7

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
America funds terrorism in its support for KSA, which spreads this ideology you see "terrorist" have. Then they pick and choose who to back and who not depending on the situation. OBL was cool when fighting Soviet Russia, but when he turned against KSA and America, he wasn't even allowed a proper burial. Syria, they support rebels, Bahrain, they don't give a crap. Its all about that interest, no matter who dies.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
America funds terrorism in its support for KSA, which spreads this ideology you see "terrorist" have. Then they pick and choose who to back and who not depending on the situation. OBL was cool when fighting Soviet Russia, but when he turned against KSA and America, he wasn't even allowed a proper burial. Syria, they support rebels, Bahrain, they don't give a crap. Its all about that interest, no matter who dies.

Well it is a well known fact that all terrorism is America's fault since Muslims do no evil :yes:. Like the Mumbai attacks were actually brought about by American and Indian intervention.
America loves killing thousands of its own civilians for no reason and blaming it on Muslims.

Are you seriously hearing yourself right now?:sarcastic. Every time a Muslims commits an act of violence there us a conspiracy that it was the government. I have seen this for the Boston Bombing, 9/11, the Mumbai attacks and every other case of extremism. This goes back to what I said earlier. The majority of Muslims do not condemn terrorism they just try brushing it aside and blaming it on someone else. How can you be so afraid to admit that there are some wicked Muslims int he world who have done wicked things. Being a Muslim is not a call to moral perfection.

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Well it is a well known fact that all terrorism is America's fault since Muslims do no evil :yes:. Like the Mumbai attacks were actually brought about by American and Indian intervention.
America loves killing thousands of its own civilians for no reason and blaming it on Muslims.

Are you seriously hearing yourself right now?:sarcastic. Every time a Muslims commits an act of violence there us a conspiracy that it was the government. I have seen this for the Boston Bombing, 9/11, the Mumbai attacks and every other case of extremism. This goes back to what I said earlier. The majority of Muslims do not condemn terrorism they just try brushing it aside and blaming it on someone else. How can you be so afraid to admit that there are some wicked Muslims int he world who have done wicked things. Being a Muslim is not a call to moral perfection.

Pffft I am confused how you think I am just blaming America and no muslims. Reread what I wrote.

Unless you deny American funding of KSA knowing their ideology and how they use the money to spread it.

Again, America helps spread it and than use it to attack. Of corse theres muslim involvment as salafi are still considered muslim. And they kill other muslims.

Your hatred for Islam due to your involvement with salafi makes you blind.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Pffft I am confused how you think I am just blaming America and no muslims. Reread what I wrote.

Unless you deny American funding of KSA knowing their ideology and how they use the money to spread it.

Again, America helps spread it and than use it to attack. Of corse theres muslim involvment as salafi are still considered muslim. And they kill other muslims.

OK I had no idea KSA meant Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I have seen this acronym as I usually see SAG.
But yes I do know it is a well known fact America creates its own issues by supporters "KSA" and their usage of propaganda that invades other countries. They are not the primarily country that involves itself as the exponent of the Islamic example. This 'Islamic Example' usually involves hatred, extreme Wahabbi based ideology and politicized Islam.

Your hatred for Islam due to your involvement with salafi makes you blind.

Try being lied to for 2 years and see if you walk out with any bit of love.
But I do not hate Islam and as to how you think this is naive. As I have said before I could condone Islam for the reasons other people claim.
Such as Muhammad being a brutal murderer which I have defended multiple times in this forum.
Aisha's marriage.
and Muhammad being a false prophet.

You are confusing honest with hatred. My knowledge of Islam is not exceedingly great as I am very forgetful but my knowledge with Muslims of all kinds is more then enough informative.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Try being lied to for 2 years and see if you walk out with any bit of love.

I feel you somewhat. When I started learning the lies the salafi pushed, I was resentful and surprised at how this is the fastest growing sect. But instead of leaving, i found Islam like a bride who just took her veil off for the first time and being so much more beautiful.

Pagan_Patriot

I think Turkey wants to rebuild the Ottoman Empire. Much of the middle east + Northern Africa belonged to it. Besides, the last Caliph of the world was from the Ottoman Empire. Anyone else thinking that they might want to go back to that?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I think Turkey wants to rebuild the Ottoman Empire. Much of the middle east + Northern Africa belonged to it. Besides, the last Caliph of the world was from the Ottoman Empire. Anyone else thinking that they might want to go back to that?
Such a wonderful baseless idea.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Such a wonderful baseless idea.

Actually it is not baseless. I am not saying Turkey wants to but all countries that held empires have an inert desire to bring back their "glory days". Russian for example is extremely angry at the countries that have succeeded their rulership.
Muslims desire to see the Khalifah back as well. It is natural for this to be present in the hearts and minds of people.
The question here is "Why would Turks not want their old empire back"?. I actually want the Turks to expand back into the Ottoman empire as the study of Turkish culture and Arabic culture fascinates me and is my favorite thus far :).

Pagan_Patriot

Lol, the Turkish empire almost killed off my whole ethnic group. I wouldn't want them getting any power anytime soon. :p

And Assad, why so mean?