• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A parable of WV mountains

jasonwill2

Hills3.jpg

The drifting skies rain hellfire from the heavens, bringing the fallen ones of disgrace to new heights. Coming, folding, creating bouts of destruction upon the becomings of five, on which Lord Satan thrives.

Hitting, scrapping the bottom path of dust and rock brings with it a resurgence of growth; for when you go down, there is no where to go but up. The vessels of desire, perfectly reflected in the mirror of our one great Lord;

Behold! From the Air of the Soul, and the Fire of Desire, a smokescreen of dances of lesser and greater magick is applied to the mind, rebalancing the earthen soil on which I hath crashed. The waters of Leviathan ripple in the wake of the disturbance, and my Lord hath smiled upon me.

From the deadened waters of primordial earth, fire was born; Leviathan gave life to Satan as the flesh. Water, Fire, Air, Earth, and Spirit. Bound not in literal organizations of the soul, but in the articulated greater truths hidden behind the words. The lucifers have risen, and the Gates of Hell hath swung open, letting Ha-Satan's creations come forth in pursuit of their great works. So shall it be that as the Angels of Satan rise from below, we shall be lifted up among them, one of many among and under Ha-Satan.

Srocksbest.jpg

So it is when I seek my homeland, the rolling hills of West Virginia, that I see in the distance a beacon of divination far on the edge of the horizon; a boulder upon which shines upon the tip of a mountain, surrounded by valleys and rivers, strewn with rapids. To my right, the path to the Valley of Death, the deadly lowlands, where the Infested King squalors in his filth and decay, the rotting place of the swamps, hidden upon a sunken hill. Infidels! You see not your own blasphemous corruptions! This is the place of complacency, disgrace, and death. It is where so many settle, not knowing the disease that the swamp holds in it's festering pests of diluted and twisted ideals.

But to my left? Open wilderness; ready for the exploration, free from exploitation! Teeming with life, fauna run free, and the flora spawns like flames in-between the leave-covered forest floor. But where to the beacon, the rock on the Hill? That shall give me the sight across the entire land? Know now; my own danger is not in the beasts, for my homeland holds few predators, and only rumors of lions. The only danger is in lack of preparations, and a lack of proper knowledge that makes the soul ready for the journey.

Dolly7.jpg

The Seeking hath brought me to this tower, over logs, under fallen trees, past raging bucks, and across the fast moving rapids of rivers, and now I am on the mountain, going up a faded and rarely used path... the one that started on my left, and webbed around so wildly and faintly, as if thousands of routes were going in the same direction, but without the knowledge of the others or their destination. The terrain here is steep, but like Seneca rocks, whom was once such a beacon of light, a great lucifer when I literally was last on her top, so shall this mountain be the expansion of new horizons, and of becoming.

Srocks5.jpg

But what new horizons are there? What new possibilities? What new places? These hills are endless, and all look the same, but I know they truly are not: they are merely millions of years old, eroded, and covered in trees. But I shall find my home; that new place I shall settle and call my own: it is not a journey of my identity or of what to believe, so much as it is a journey of where I should be; the formers being merely finite details being sorted out in the preparations for the final push to this new mountain top; never fool the packing of gear as the actual act hiking itself.

They speak of Xeper, True Will, Satan's will, our desire, and of destiny, freewill and determinism as if they are useful labels and ideas for exploring the country side: they are not. There is no freewill nor determinism: moments of self-transformation cannot be quantified into such compartmentalized terms, and no one can say the degree of freedom we have. I know only this: I do what I do because it is what I am compelled to do, it is instinctual that I answer Satan's call, and that when The Accuser tests me, I attempt to overcome the challenge. There is little thought over the matter: I simply do what I do simply because it is in my nature, and if it can be termed such labels, it is that it is in my nature to want to take this journey, to overcome who I am by embracing not just what I already am as a person that naturally wants to roam these hills, but as a person who wants to see what else lays on the next horizon. If I shall become slightly different, either through my experience of the hike, or the growing of the muscles, then that is merely me fulfilling my potential, not changing my fundamental nature.

Lord Satan shall inspire me, and nudge me should I start to lose sight of my goal... for this is merely another test as with accordance with our Lord and Creator's nature... the journey is so worth it; they don't call this place "wild and wonderful" for nothin'. =D

Dolly6.jpg

jasonwill2

were you hiking when you wrote this?

no, but i used some experiences to make thje imagery, minus rapids. actually not that many rivers in WV, mostly large streams. the majority of our rivers are artificially made for tourism

but its a good metaphor, all those pics i took myself too when on a trip to central WV

also the metion of Seneca rocks is kinda personal and wont make sense in some of the subtle ways to other people; just know that last time i was on it i had some self-reflective thoughts and the top of it represents some stuff to me, mostly at the viewing platform. the first pic was taken from that location, as well that mountain is Seneca rocks.

any questions about the actual parable?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
But what new horizons are there? What new possibilities? What new places? These hills are endless, and all look the same, but I know they truly are not: they are merely millions of years old, eroded, and covered in trees. But I shall find my home; that new place I shall settle and call my own: it is not a journey of my identity or of what to believe, so much as it is a journey of where I should be; the formers being merely finite details being sorted out in the preparations for the final push to this new mountain top; never fool the packing of gear as the actual act hiking itself.
was the part that spoke to me the most

jasonwill2

forgot or left on purpose?

Ohhh, good point! Perhaps I sub-consciously didn't bring something I should of, or brought something that is weighing me down despite the fact that it's just a hinderence.

Could be all the hot fries, I like hot fries. :drool:

But seriously I have no idea your guess is as good as mine, I may not of even left for the next mountain yet.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Ohhh, good point! Perhaps I sub-consciously didn't bring something I should of, or brought something that is weighing me down despite the fact that it's just a hinderence.

Could be all the hot fries, I like hot fries. :drool:

But seriously I have no idea your guess is as good as mine, I may not of even left for the next mountain yet.
perhaps the mountain is teaching you to be frugal

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

The drifting skies rain hellfire from the heavens, bringing the fallen ones of disgrace to new heights. Coming, folding, creating bouts of destruction upon the becomings of five, on which Lord Satan thrives.

Hitting, scrapping the bottom path of dust and rock brings with it a resurgence of growth; for when you go down, there is no where to go but up. The vessels of desire, perfectly reflected in the mirror of our one great Lord;

Behold! From the Air of the Soul, and the Fire of Desire, a smokescreen of dances of lesser and greater magick is applied to the mind, rebalancing the earthen soil on which I hath crashed. The waters of Leviathan ripple in the wake of the disturbance, and my Lord hath smiled upon me.

From the deadened waters of primordial earth, fire was born; Leviathan gave life to Satan as the flesh. Water, Fire, Air, Earth, and Spirit. Bound not in literal organizations of the soul, but in the articulated greater truths hidden behind the words. The lucifers have risen, and the Gates of Hell hath swung open, letting Ha-Satan's creations come forth in pursuit of their great works. So shall it be that as the Angels of Satan rise from below, we shall be lifted up among them, one of many among and under Ha-Satan.​

When taken metaphorically, I definitely like this.

So it is when I seek my homeland, the rolling hills of West Virginia, that I see in the distance a beacon of divination far on the edge of the horizon; a boulder upon which shines upon the tip of a mountain, surrounded by valleys and rivers, strewn with rapids. To my right, the path to the Valley of Death, the deadly lowlands, where the Infested King squalors in his filth and decay, the rotting place of the swamps, hidden upon a sunken hill. Infidels! You see not your own blasphemous corruptions! This is the place of complacency, disgrace, and death. It is where so many settle, not knowing the disease that the swamp holds in it's festering pests of diluted and twisted ideals.
Very interesting and detailed. I like how this is filled with parables.

But to my left? Open wilderness; ready for the exploration, free from exploitation! Teeming with life, fauna run free, and the flora spawns like flames in-between the leave-covered forest floor. But where to the beacon, the rock on the Hill? That shall give me the sight across the entire land? Know now; my own danger is not in the beasts, for my homeland holds few predators, and only rumors of lions. The only danger is in lack of preparations, and a lack of proper knowledge that makes the soul ready for the journey.

I definitely agree here, and like the way you put it! Not too straight forward, nor too away from the point, I like.

The Seeking hath brought me to this tower, over logs, under fallen trees, past raging bucks, and across the fast moving rapids of rivers, and now I am on the mountain, going up a faded and rarely used path... the one that started on my left, and webbed around so wildly and faintly, as if thousands of routes were going in the same direction, but without the knowledge of the others or their destination. The terrain here is steep, but like Seneca rocks, whom was once such a beacon of light, a great lucifer when I literally was last on her top, so shall this mountain be the expansion of new horizons, and of becoming.

Interesting, was this literal or metaphorical? I mean, were you really on the top and it was as beautiful as you described it was?

This is really nice.

They speak of Xeper, True Will, Satan's will, our desire, and of destiny, freewill and determinism as if they are useful labels and ideas for exploring the country side: they are not. There is no freewill nor determinism: moments of self-transformation cannot be quantified into such compartmentalized terms, and no one can say the degree of freedom we have.
Can I ask who "they" are?

I know only this: I do what I do because it is what I am compelled to do, it is instinctual that I answer Satan's call, and that when The Accuser tests me, I attempt to overcome the challenge. There is little thought over the matter: I simply do what I do simply because it is in my nature, and if it can be termed such labels, it is that it is in my nature to want to take this journey, to overcome who I am by embracing not just what I already am as a person that naturally wants to roam these hills, but as a person who wants to see what else lays on the next horizon. If I shall become slightly different, either through my experience of the hike, or the growing of the muscles, then that is merely me fulfilling my potential, not changing my fundamental nature.
I like this and agree with it. The way you put it sounded nicer than one can ever describe it!

Lord Satan shall inspire me, and nudge me should I start to lose sight of my goal... for this is merely another test as with accordance with our Lord and Creator's nature... the journey is so worth it; they don't call this place "wild and wonderful" for nothin'. =D

:)

It was very symbolic and an interesting read, thanks for this. I'm just wondering, was it intended to sound very pantheistic? Because it succeeds at that, but in the far most, it sounded very poetic with excellent descriptions at read.​

jasonwill2

Interesting, was this literal or metaphorical? I mean, were you really on the top and it was as beautiful as you described it was?

[snippet]

It was very symbolic and an interesting read, thanks for this. I'm just wondering, was it intended to sound very pantheistic? Because it succeeds at that, but in the far most, it sounded very poetic with excellent descriptions at read.

1. two of those pictures were taken on Seneca rocks, but speaking from experience, WV hills are nice, even if repetitive looking. If you find a nice place like a stream with rapids next to a cool cliff, ya. If you go behind me house into green forest with just brown leaves littering the floor, no :rolleyes: Places like River Gorge or Dolly Sods though are VERY beautiful

2. Not really so much as it is about my spiritual journey, I didn't intend pantheism but can see that.

Also i accidentally deleted this when quoting you, but the part about predators is actually true.. we hunted most of them out decades ago. still have black bears though, but barely any, and sometimes you here a report of a mountain lion but its more offically just a rumor than anything. likewise harmful demons i feel are the same way on the LHP magic journey; predators aer more rare than you would think

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Those are some awesome pics, I've been to WV and it does indeed have some beautiful rolling hills and wooded landscapes. When I was 16-years old I visited my aunt and uncle's ranch they used to have in Oregon near Mount Hood and did a couple of outdoor Workings while I was there. There is nothing like the majesty of the night sky far removed from city lights. When your in a place like that nature provides the perfect ritual chamber and Magical environment.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Iti oj

Premium Member
Only jason this is one of my favorite post by you. Beautiful. And inspiring