• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new type of gun regulation

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And while we are at it, let's also look at the responsible and safe use and storage of firearms that pro- gun groups have been saying and supporting for years:
NRA Explore | Safety and Education
10 Commandments of Firearm Safety - European American Armory/USSG

You will find nowhere where illegal ownership, irresponsible storage, handling, and intentional misuse is championed

View attachment 27634
If you think that the NRA supports laws in keeping with that "Second Commandment," I'd love to hear it. AFAIK, they've generally opposed requiring guns to be stored securely and unloaded.

Curious George

Veteran Member
A right to do something certainly doesn't automatically create an obligation to do it.
That is not what I found interesting, nor what you implied.

The question is not whether such a right obliges someone to own or possess a gun, but whether it implies a right to choose not to own or possess a gun.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Default position is I don't like any of them. However I accept my dislike is arbitrary and will set aside my dislike in the face of a reasonable argument.

I don't have a set of rules I go by because IMO circumstances are constantly changing so what might seem reasonable in one moment may not in the next. Rules are attachments. :D
You like what you like and don't like what you do not. Your default is that you do not like anything, until you do. That sounds like a wonderfully whimsical approach. :rolleyes:

Shad

Veteran Member
I doubt it will pass but what does everyone think of the McDaniel Militia act?

This house bill, requires that every Missouri resident between ages 18-35 own or possess an AR-15 type rifle.

I am completely against such a mandate. However I would point of the Act was proposed to "points out the absurdity of the opposite side" and "make a point on mandates in general.". It is trolling more or less in my view.

Rep. McDaniel says bill requiring AR-15s makes 'point on mandates'

*Other posts already covered the above.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You like what you like and don't like what you do not. Your default is that you do not like anything, until you do. That sounds like a wonderfully whimsical approach. :rolleyes:

I just see it more as honest. I suspect most folks make their choices mostly based on their feelings rather than logic and rules. They just try to use logic and rules to justify what they feel.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I just see it more as honest. I suspect most folks make their choices mostly based on their feelings rather than logic and rules. They just try to use logic and rules to justify what they feel.
Perhaps that is true. That however does not mean that such a practice is best.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
If you think that the NRA supports laws in keeping with that "Second Commandment," I'd love to hear it. AFAIK, they've generally opposed requiring guns to be stored securely and unloaded.

The ten commandments of Firearms safety in my post was issued by EAA, an importer of European firearms as a general safety reminder much like a lawnmower safety reminder saying not to run over your foot or put hand in grass chute while it is running.

By saying that the NRA is generally opposed to requiring (this is a key word) guns being stored securely and unloaded do you actually mean they generally oppose laws that would unnecessarily make criminals of otherwise law abiding people?

do you have any specific examples?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It worked too, reminded me of this:

giphy.gif
I don't know if unwitting self-parody counts as "punking".