• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new Pagan temple for Poland!

Tumah

Veteran Member
*deep breath in*
With great inner strength I hold myself back from making another two threads in random forums about "A New Temple For Poland!"
*deep breath out*

Kirran

Premium Member
*deep breath in*
With great inner strength I hold myself back from making another two threads in random forums about "A New Temple For Poland!"
*deep breath out*

Come on. The Judaism DIR could use one.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
*deep breath in*
*deep breath out*

Don't look at me! Blame Kirran for thread no. 3!

Lololol that was a rhyme too. Double whammy! :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I recognize one of their Gods - Perun - Vedic Parjanya, another name for Indra. Parjanya has three hymns dedicate to him in RigVeda. I will check for others, Weles, etc.

Here is the shortest hymn to Parjanya. Interestingly the first two were written by my clansmen, the Vasishthas.

"1 SING forth and laud Parjanya, son of Heaven, who sends the gift of rain.
May he provide our pasturage.
2 Parjanya is the God who forms in kine, in mares, in plants of earth,
And womankind, the germ of life.
3 Offer and pour into his mouth oblation rich in savoury juice.
May he for ever give us food."

Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 7: HYMN CII Parjanya.
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 7: HYMN CI. Parjanya.
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 5: HYMN LXXXIII. Parjanya.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
स रेतोधा वृषभः शश्वतीनां तस्मिन्न आत्मा जगतस तस्थुषश च l
तन् म ऋतम् पातु शतशारदाय यूयम् पात स्वस्तिभिः सदा नः ll

sa retodhā vṛ(i)ṣabhaḥ śaśvatīnāṃ tasminn ātmā jagatas tasthuṣaś ca l
tan ma ṛ(i)tam pātu śataśāradāya yūyam pāta svastibhiḥ sadā naḥ ll

He is the Bull of all, and their impregner, he holds the life of all things fixed and moving.
May this rite save me till my hundredth autumn. Preserve us evermore, ye Gods, with blessings.
The Rig Veda in Sanskrit: Rig Veda Book 7: Hymn 101

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Weles would probably be the Polish for Veles, the Slavic God of Cattle, and guardian of the bridge to the underworld. His (sometimes) rival is Perun, the Slavic God of Thunder.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I recognize one of their Gods - Perun - Vedic Parjanya, another name for Indra. Parjanya has three hymns dedicate to him in RigVeda. I will check for others, Weles, etc.
Perun, Perkunas, Donar, Þórr/Thor, Þunor..

Doesn't really matter what his name is, that giant snake isn't gonna kill itself.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In Vedas, we have Vāla which corresponds to Wales as the adversary of Indra/Parjanya. But Vāla is a demon of darkness, who has his residence in the sea of Netherworld, and he steals the sun and keeps him in a cave. Indra has to kill Vāla each year to bring the spring back and to make the waters flow. He is depicted as a great serpent.

ZooGirl02

Dozens of churches the world over - I think you can spare some room for our temple. And all this after talking about how religious tolerance was a good thing... Tsk tsk.

Of course I can tolerate the existence of buildings of worship for other religions. However, I said what I said because if a Pagan temple is being built then that must mean that Paganism is spreading and in my opinion, that is a very sad thing because in my opinion, Paganism is a false religion.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Of course I can tolerate the existence of buildings of worship for other religions. However, I said what I said because if a Pagan temple is being built then that must mean that Paganism is spreading and in my opinion, that is a very sad thing because in my opinion, Paganism is a false religion.

@RESOLUTION do you see the part I've highlighted in bold? This is what I meant in my post to you earlier. ZooGirl prefaced her statement with 'in my opinion' - she didn't speak as though her statement was objectively true or had already been proven because it is not objectively true and has not been proven to be true.

Please take a look at this post and the wider discussion. Hopefully you'll be able to learn something from this :)