• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New new Theory for the Creation of the Universe...

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Oh, just laugh out loud, already. Don't you want to join in on the fun of making fun of the Christians, too? You're going to miss out on all the fun with that attitude of yours!

It is not Christians I am making fun of, it is people like you, which the forum rules discourage me from spelling out.

jonathan180iq

And I will, just as soon as science offers empirical evidence of when, where and how space, matter, energy and time came into existence and, in what sequence. You will let me know I trust.
We were engaged in an actual discussion on this topic before you started multiple other threads, all eschewing the same fallacy that you were guilty of in the parent post to this one... This leads me to believe that you have no real interest in discussing the topics that you've been bringing up, and would rather attempt to poke holes in actual research and scientifically based conclusions while using your faith as a shield. That tactic might work in some circles. But in modern discourse, it's quickly shown to be hollow and vapid.

There are, and always will be, gaps in knowledge. There is an historical limit to what human beings will be able to fully know about the origins of ourselves and of the Universe that we live in. Pointing out those gaps as if they somehow gave credence to your traditional fantasy is, ultimately, no better than what I have suggested in the OP. The quality of supporting evidence for your "New Theory For The Creation of the Universe" and my "NEW New Theory for the Creation of the Universe" are no different.

Your attempt at discrediting researched-based scientific conclusions, and equating it with fanciful belief systems, is founded on bias and ignorance. You've predetermined that your belief system is good and accurate, so you try and shoe-horn in the science that doesn't disagree with you and reject whatever does. That's called bias. It's what is compelling your "Arguments From Ignorance" and setting up the only Pro-God argument that you have, which is that of a God of the Gaps. It's a very flimsy thing to base your faith on. (And I'm not even anti-faith!) Whatsmore, you simply don't know enough about the science you're trying to "debunk" so you argue that it's based on "nothing" and that it's basically a belief system.

That's all very telling.

Quite simply, if the arguments that I used in the Magic Space Cardinal parody aren't good arguments for the Cardinal, then are they good arguments when used for your God? If the answer is no (and it is) then you might need to rethink your approach.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Female cardinals aren't red in color.

That's clearly the biggest issue with your theory.
He never said She was red, only that "She probably did so by flashing her red breasts into the abyss."
When female cardinals expose their feather shrouded breasts their color (red) is quite apparent.

35782596633_0c9ce64444.jpg
Unfortunately, RF doesn't allow naked breasts in its posts unless they appear in works of art at least 300 years old.

Ted Evans

Premium Member
We were engaged in an actual discussion on this topic before you started multiple other threads, all eschewing the same fallacy that you were guilty of in the parent post to this one...

OK, you start a thread on the subject and I will participate enthusiastically and will answer every question that you may ask me with plausible, verifiable answers, IF, you will do the same and make it clear that you are agreeing. We have different opinions, you cannot prove to me that your opinions are correct if you cannot answer all questions that I may ask and you cannot prove to me that my opinions are wrong unless you can ask me questions that I cannot answer. Not meant to be rude but I have no interesting in going back and forth with talking points. So what say you?

jonathan180iq

OK, you start a thread on the subject and I will participate enthusiastically and will answer every question that you may ask me with plausible, verifiable answers, IF, you will do the same and make it clear that you are agreeing. We have different opinions, you cannot prove to me that your opinions are correct if you cannot answer all questions that I may ask and you cannot prove to me that my opinions are wrong unless you can ask me questions that I cannot answer. Not meant to be rude but I have no interesting in going back and forth with talking points. So what say you?

Wonderful. There's no reason to start ANOTHER thread, however. So ask away.
What unknown thing about the Cosmos are you currently having to fill with theological musings?

Faithofchristian

The first question to ask is, What is a Theory ?
Theory, A set of assumptions, propositions, or accepted facts that attempts to provide opposable or rational explanation of cause and effect ( causal ) relationships among a group of observed phenomenon. The words origin ( from the Greek thoros, a spectator ), stresses the fact that all theories are mental models of the perceived reality.
One Theory is the assumption that the tooth fairy exist.
But without any actual proof of evidence that's all it is a theory of someone's assumption a guess.
Therefore it lays to be unreal until any evidence Can be found to prove otherwise.

That's all a Theory is, just someone's or a groups, assumptions. How something may haved started or may haved not started.its just their assumption, a guess.as to how things started.

Just because a person or group say their theory say this or that, does not make it so.
It's just their theory of assumption of a guess.
No more than anyone can say that the theory of the tooth fairy is real. Without any proof of evidence that's all it is just their theory, assumption a guess.

jonathan180iq

The first question to ask is, What is a Theory ?
Theory, A set of assumptions, propositions, or accepted facts that attempts to provide opposable or rational explanation of cause and effect ( causal ) relationships among a group of observed phenomenon. The words origin ( from the Greek thoros, a spectator ), stresses the fact that all theories are mental models of the perceived reality.
One Theory is the assumption that the tooth fairy exist.
But without any actual proof of evidence that's all it is a theory of someone's assumption a guess.
Therefore it lays to be unreal until any evidence Can be found to prove otherwise.

That's all a Theory is, just someone's or a groups, assumptions. How something may haved started or may haved not started.its just their assumption, a guess.as to how things started.

Just because a person or group say their theory say this or that, does not make it so.
It's just their theory of assumption of a guess.
No more than anyone can say that the theory of the tooth fairy is real. Without any proof of evidence that's all it is just their theory, assumption a guess.
No.

Science at multiple levels