• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Dark Age For Europe

Notanumber

A Free Man
It can't if it is just the ideas, but if untrue and derogatory comments are made about the people who follow the ideas, that can be slander. For example, saying that the muslims are trying to outbreed Christians so they can take over would be slanderous.

How can stating facts be slanderous?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The battle against Rome/iron/Russia and the Muslims/clay is still ongoing. The "bow, the sword, and war" has not been "abolished from the land" (Hosea 2:18). Australia apparently even helped the British in the struggle with respect to Afghanistan, although with multiple horsepower versus single horse power. As a result, you apparently have your Muslim's taking apart Australia's welfare system, and straining law enforcement capabilities. Although this is not a problem limited to Australia.
"As a result, you apparently have your Muslim's taking apart Australia's welfare system, and straining law enforcement capabilities. " Don't know where you got that from. Law enforcement and welfare are both performing as usual. I'm not sure what you think Muslims are doing to either of them.

We also performed exceptional well militarily in Afghanistan, as we usually do, although charecterising Operations Slipper and Highroad as "helping the British" is weirdly misleading. As is charecterising it as a struggle against Muslims per se.

Can we play the "associating countries with various elemental metals" game some more? I think Laos is definitely an ytterbium, and Andora, I'm gunna saaaaaay... osmium. I almost said vanadium, but no, I'll stick with osmium.

Cooky

Veteran Member
So then, though John recognized Jesus as the Messiah, he baptized without consideration of the existence of the Messiah ?

Or, did he baptize within the context of his knowledge that the Messiah had come, as Christians do ?

Good points.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Don't be silly.. There were schools for prophets.. there were lots and lots of them... some better than others. They were observant and they were excellent political analysts. They weren't fortune tellers.. Most prophesy was after the fact... and when it didn't work there was constant redacting, editing and amendments.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Greek meaning of "prophet" with what Jews and Christians believe? Because only the Greeks believed prophets were fortune tellers.

Jews and Christians believe prophets are people the Lord God uses -such as with Moses.

Here's a trustworthy, scholarly source on the topic:
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Prophecy, Prophet, and Prophetess

(And yes, there were even Prophetesses in the OT, none of them ever having to have been "schooled")

Cooky

Veteran Member
I never said John was a Christian, I said he baptized as Christians do, after he recognized Jesus as the Messiah, i.e. recognizing the Messiah had come.

Your statement re Christ and what is called original sin is categorically wrong, dead wrong.

I don´t know how much study you have given to OT prophecy and the coming of the Messiah, I suspect very little.

You seem to superficially repeat what you have been told or have read in an article.

I suggest that you actually do some study, perhaps with a good Bible commentary.

Much of OT prophecy wasn´t about Roman oppression, very little could be considered as such.

Well, I have to give credit where credit is due... I liked @sooda's take on the CC being called the "whore of babylon", based on a political move during the reformation. That made perfect sense to me. :D

Kangaroo Feathers

Righteousness for a Muslim terrorist is taking down 3000 civilians with two planes. Don't think for a minute, that that didn't warm the hearts of many Muslims.
And unrighteousness is judging a billion Muslims by the actions of one. Christians have killed a lot more Muslims than Muslims have killed Christians, if you care to work that into your equation of salvation. (salvquation? Can we get that trending? #salvquation ?)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

I live 10 minutes from Antwerp.
Filip De Winter is a liar, propagandist and neo-nazi.

Frankly, it's almost a crime that he's been allowed and tolerated in politics for so long.

That market he's on?
It's literally a multi-culturally themed market. That's what it is.
If you want to see high concentrations of foreigners (of all kinds), then such markets are where you'll see that. And off course, he puts up a picture of one of the arab stands which carries loads of arab spices etc that are rather dificult to find otherwise. Obviously arabs will flock to those stands to get the spices that remind them of their native culture.

Out of picture, you see similar images of latin americans, italians, germans, etc.

And yes, Antwerp has a substantial arabic population. Not really sure if it would reach 2 digits in % though. It might, but it would be a close one.

The idea that muslims are that numberous that they might "take over Antwerp" is retarded beyond belief.

2ndpillar

And unrighteousness is judging a billion Muslims by the actions of one. Christians have killed a lot more Muslims than Muslims have killed Christians, if you care to work that into your equation of salvation. (salvquation? Can we get that trending?

Unrighteous judgment is judging the poor or rich differently because they are poor or rich (Leviticus 19:15) The same goes for religions. Both the "Christians" and the "Muslims" have their own false prophets, and their fruit is often rotten as a consequence (Matthew 7:15-20). The actions of Muslims are supposedly regulated by the writings of their false prophet Mohammad. The actions of "Christians", are often regulated by their false prophet Paul. One does not love their neighbor by turning a lion loose in their backyard. If you want to love your enemies, feed them, give them water, and shelter. And if you want to show how "Christians", the followers of the false prophet Paul, kill more Muslims than Muslims kill "Christians" I am willing to look at your data. In general, Muslims kill Muslims, but do seem good at persecuting "Christians" and Jews, and ridding them from their countries through persecution. As a consequence, they generally live in poverty and turmoil. The problem of "Christians" and Muslims, are mostly of their own making. This is an example of how you love your neighbor: Rise and Rebuild 11 minutes

Leviticus 19:15
'You shall do no injustice in judgment; you shall not be partial to the poor nor defer to the great, but you are to judge your neighbor fairly.

2ndpillar

(And yes, there were even Prophetesses in the OT, none of them ever having to have been "schooled")

As you are apparently highly schooled, you would apparently not be a candidate (Matthew 11:25).

Matthew 11:25 - NIV: At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children

2ndpillar

Not legally. Legally slander must be personal and specific. Untrue comments directed at a person.

The Chancellor of Germany said that because of the differences in birth rates, muslims would become a majority.

Becoming a majority is down the road, and depends on the older generation dying off. The problem exist today with a minority population. One fly, can ruin a vat of perfume (Ecclesiastes 10:1). People will get fed up, and you will see the politicians being replaced.

EUROPE'S NO-GO ZONES: List of 900 EU areas where police ...
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/657520/Europe-no-go-900-EU...
Apr 02, 2016 · EUROPE has nearly a thousand 'no-go' areas where authorities have simply lost control due to the high number of immigrants, it was sensationally claimed tonight. London, Paris, Stockholm and Berlin are among the major European cities that feature on a bombshell list of 900 lawless zones with large immigrant populations. The shock dossier,.

https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/10-1.htm
A few dead flies in perfume make all of it stink, and a little foolishness outweighs a lot of wisdom.

sooda

Veteran Member
Not legally. Legally slander must be personal and specific. Untrue comments directed at a person.

The Chancellor of Germany said that because of the differences in birth rates, muslims would become a majority.

The Chancellor of Germany may be an idiot.

sooda

Veteran Member
Well, I have to give credit where credit is due... I liked @sooda's take on the CC being called the "whore of babylon", based on a political move during the reformation. That made perfect sense to me. :D

Jesuit End Times Antichrist Deception | End Time Deceptions
christianitybeliefs.org/.../jesuit-end-times-antichrist-deception
The Roman Catholic Church had Jesuit Priest Francisco Ribera, a brilliant man with a doctorate in theology, write a 500 page commentary with an opposing view, where he manipulated prophecies in the books of Daniel and Revelation, to create an end-time 7-year tribulation antichrist.

Left Behind by the Jesuits - Scriptures Prove Secret Pre ...
www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/Jesuits.html
Francisco Ribera (1537-1591), a brilliant Jesuit priest and doctor of theology from Spain, basically said, “Here am I, send me.” Like Martin Luther, Francisco Ribera also read by candlelight the prophecies about the Antichrist, the little horn, that man of sin, and the Beast.

sooda

Veteran Member
Are you sure you're not confusing the Greek meaning of "prophet" with what Jews and Christians believe? Because only the Greeks believed prophets were fortune tellers.

Jews and Christians believe prophets are people the Lord God uses -such as with Moses.

Here's a trustworthy, scholarly source on the topic:
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Prophecy, Prophet, and Prophetess

The schools of the prophets were established by the prophet Samuel. The first mention of the “sons of the prophets”, as all the young men educated that way were called, we find it in 1 Samuel 10, when Saul is anointed as king. (1 Samuel 10:5) In the days of Samuel there were two schools of the prophets, one in Ramah, where the prophet Samuel lived, and one in Kiryat Yearim, where it was the ark of the covenant.

Later on some more schools of the prophets were established in Bethel (2 Kings 2:3), Jericho (2 Regi 2:15), Gilgal (2 Kings 4:38) etc.

The Schools of the Prophets

sooda

Veteran Member
Good points.

John the Baptist baptized people every day. He was a Jew and so was Jesus.

Re: PROPHETS

As a mouthpiece or spokesman for God, the prophet’s primary duty was to speak forth God’s message to God’s people in the historical context of what was happening among God’s people.

The broadest meaning is that of forthtelling; the narrower meaning is that of foretelling. In the process of proclaiming God’s message, the prophet would sometimes reveal that which pertained to the future, but, contrary to popular opinion, this was only a small part of the prophets message.

Forthtelling
involved insight into the will of God; it was exhortative, challenging men to obey. On the other hand, foretelling entailed foresight into the plan of God; it was predictive, either encouraging the righteous in view of God’s promises or warning in view of coming judgment.

So the prophet was the divinely chosen spokesman who, having received God’s message, proclaimed it in oral, visual, or written form to the people. For this reason, a common formula used by the prophets was, “Thus says the Lord.”

6. The Major Prophets | Bible.org

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'm pretty sure that you could figure that out if you thought about it ... and you really wanted to know.

No one is forcing anyone else to listen to their opinions yet. If you don’t like what someone says, stop listening.

It is impossible to slander an ideology no matter how some like to twist things to their advantage.

Kangaroo Feathers

Becoming a majority is down the road, and depends on the older generation dying off. The problem exist today with a minority population. One fly, can ruin a vat of perfume (Ecclesiastes 10:1). People will get fed up, and you will see the politicians being replaced.

EUROPE'S NO-GO ZONES: List of 900 EU areas where police ...
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/657520/Europe-no-go-900-EU...
Apr 02, 2016 · EUROPE has nearly a thousand 'no-go' areas where authorities have simply lost control due to the high number of immigrants, it was sensationally claimed tonight. London, Paris, Stockholm and Berlin are among the major European cities that feature on a bombshell list of 900 lawless zones with large immigrant populations. The shock dossier,.

https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/10-1.htm
A few dead flies in perfume make all of it stink, and a little foolishness outweighs a lot of wisdom.
This racist BS has been extremely thoroughly debunked.

download (17).jpg