• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A More Compassionate Response to Abortion

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is weird... I hadn't even the slightest thought of that particular mentality being a possibility...

It has to be extreeme extreme rare case, like one in a billion or rarer... At least I would hope. o_O

Of course. These extreme cases should not jeopardize a right that women have conquered, and that is within their freedoms.

pearl

Supreme Court's Response to the Question: When Does Life Begin? Roe v. Wade 1973 "We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins."

Yes thats what I said. But this is a different Court, with a different tilt, and I'm sure will present 'evidence' to the contrary as to when life begins and that that life is human and therefore entitled to personhood and therefore entitled to protection under the Constitution.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I used your own language. Now you’re moving the goal posts. And you’re invoking god. Once you rely on fairy tales to support you’re argument you’ve lost me.
the word something should have been someone else, or other self.

thanks for pointing that out.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
People already do this in America and are demonized/attacked and sometimes even disallowed by the loving, liberal left wing.
]

you cannot serve god and enslavement. people who try to control other's aren't serving god. this is exactly what the pharisees were doing when jesus scolded them.

matthew 23:4

luke 11:46

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
We care about the child that gets killed.

In America the basis for Planned Parenthood was to kill black children.
there is no child. that which doesn't breath isn't living; except on some sort of life support. jesus said the flesh counts for nothing and the pro-lifers are claiming a body is more important than the spiritual welfare of the mother.

people are taken off of life support everyday and it isn't considered murder.

pretending like something is alive, is just that. Pretending. If it can't breathe, it can't live.

remove the fetus and watch what happens; unless the fetus reaches a certain level of development, it doesn't have the lungs to breath.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes thats what I said. But this is a different Court, with a different tilt, and I'm sure will present 'evidence' to the contrary as to when life begins and that that life is human and therefore entitled to personhood and therefore entitled to protection under the Constitution.
We will see. I hope that they are not that stupid. And bodily autonomy still tops even the "It's alive!!" argument.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
remove the fetus and watch what happens; unless the fetus reaches a certain level of development, it doesn't have the lungs to breath.
"An artificial uterus or artificial womb is a device that would allow for extracorporeal pregnancy by growing a fetus outside the body of an organism that would normally carry the fetus to term.

An artificial uterus, as a replacement organ, would have many applications. It could be used to assist male or female couples in the development of a fetus. This can potentially be performed as a switch from a natural uterus to an artificial uterus, thereby moving the threshold of fetal viability to a much earlier stage of pregnancy. In this sense, it can be regarded as a neonatal incubator with very extended functions. It could also be used for the initiation of fetal development. An artificial uterus could also help make fetal surgery procedures at an early stage an option instead of having to postpone them until term of pregnancy.

In 2016, scientists published two studies regarding human embryos developing for thirteen days within an ecto-uterine environment. Currently, a 14-day rule prevents human embryos from being kept in artificial wombs longer than 14 days. This rule has been codified into law in twelve countries.

In 2017, fetal researchers at the Children's Hospital of Philidelphia published a study showing they had grown premature lamb fetuses for four weeks in an extra-uterine life support system." - Excerpt (introductory paragraph) from following Wikipedia page:

Artificial womb - Wikipedia

NPR article regarding the development of this medical device, recommended read:

Scientists Create Artificial Womb That Could Help Prematurely Born Babies

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"An artificial uterus or artificial womb is a device that would allow for extracorporeal pregnancy by growing a fetus outside the body of an organism that would normally carry the fetus to term.

An artificial uterus, as a replacement organ, would have many applications. It could be used to assist male or female couples in the development of a fetus. This can potentially be performed as a switch from a natural uterus to an artificial uterus, thereby moving the threshold of fetal viability to a much earlier stage of pregnancy. In this sense, it can be regarded as a neonatal incubator with very extended functions. It could also be used for the initiation of fetal development. An artificial uterus could also help make fetal surgery procedures at an early stage an option instead of having to postpone them until term of pregnancy.

In 2016, scientists published two studies regarding human embryos developing for thirteen days within an ecto-uterine environment. Currently, a 14-day rule prevents human embryos from being kept in artificial wombs longer than 14 days. This rule has been codified into law in twelve countries.

In 2017, fetal researchers at the Children's Hospital of Philidelphia published a study showing they had grown premature lamb fetuses for four weeks in an extra-uterine life support system." - Excerpt (introductory paragraph) from following Wikipedia page:

this article implies that there are infertile couples who want a baby, not the reverse. again the cost is always considered in maintaining a live person. Insurance companies will not pay for what they consider a want vs an actual need; so this might work for rich folks wanting a baby of their own dna but not for a poor destitute person.

in the usa culture, society they don't generally want to help the poor and needy above the most basic needs; especially the orphaned who are aging out of the child protective system.

51 Useful Aging Out of Foster Care Statistics | Social Race Media | NFYI.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
this article implies that there are infertile couples who want a baby, not the reverse. again the cost is always considered in maintaining a live person. Insurance companies will not pay for what they consider a want vs an actual need; so this might work for rich folks wanting a baby of their own dna but not for a poor destitute person.

in the usa culture, society they don't generally want to help the poor and needy above the most basic needs; especially the orphaned who are aging out of the child protective system.

Well of course. That's been the name of the game since history immemorial, use the poor's energy and time to promote and increase the wealth of the state.

Here's my 'dystopic' hypothesis on how they end hunger:

News article reads: "We've developed a miracle drug that stops and even reverses the effects of dna malfunction! The disease of aging is a thing of the past! Hunger will be eradicated! Illness and disease a myth of the ancients! Live a full life full of vibrant energy and never knowing the ailments related to the disease of aging ever again!"

2 years later: "With the new robotic workforce, labor is a thing of the past! First hunger and disease. Now labor and slavery! Humans have reached a level of true utopia!" As they watch the very last of the undesirables poor and destitute die of the starvation they claimed to have ended... I guess they weren't fully lying...

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser

Jokes aside, the foster care system in the US is an abomination and abhorrent. I have an aunt and uncle who were within the program, had like 4 or more kids they were the foster parents of at one point. Until at least one of the children were found to be molesting his younger siblings... I, being the paranoid creature I am, have suspicions that my aunt and/or uncle weren't as innocent as they claim. Regardless, they lost their enrollment in the program, lost their house, and lost the church next door which they had recently purchased. Seems to me as though the state found them guilty of something or other, I am not a fan of those members of my family and am thus uncertain of the details.

I just made the joke to my buddy yesterday when he half-joked about going to McDonald's and pleading as a homeless person for a small fry... I told him, "Heh. No. They won't help you. Did you forget you live in 'Murica? We hate homeless people 'round here! Filthy despicable vermin! Git-a-job!"

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Well of course. That's been the name of the game since history immemorial, use the poor's energy and time to promote and increase the wealth of the state.

Here's my 'dystopic' hypothesis on how they end hunger:

News article reads: "We've developed a miracle drug that stops and even reverses the effects of dna malfunction! The disease of aging is a thing of the past! Hunger will be eradicated! Illness and disease a myth of the ancients! Live a full life full of vibrant energy and never knowing the ailments related to the disease of aging ever again!"

2 years later: "With the new robotic workforce, labor is a thing of the past! First hunger and disease. Now labor and slavery! Humans have reached a level of true utopia!" As they watch the very last of the undesirables poor and destitute die of the starvation they claimed to have ended... I guess they weren't fully lying...
life is a whole different view when you got expendable/disposable income

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
We care about the child that gets killed.

In America the basis for Planned Parenthood was to kill black children.
It is, frankly ridiculous, to call a blastocyst a child. I think it is obvious that human beings are subject to different moral predicates, depending on the development state they find themselves in. that is also the case for grown ups.

ciao

- viole

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

If the anti-choice movement were about preventing abortion and not about punishing women for having sex they disapprove of, anti-choicers would be enthusiastic supporters of the development of this sort of technology.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
If the anti-choice movement were about preventing abortion and not about punishing women for having sex they disapprove of, anti-choicers would be enthusiastic supporters of the development of this sort of technology.
I don't know, the reason I'm not so gung-ho with enthusiasm is because I agree with @Fool with his assessment that beyond a low patient rate, it would have a high price-point, which would restrict it from the impoverished... Effectively doing nothing at all towards the real problems of abortion, which is that most dangerous abortions are by poor struggling young women in third world country where access to safe medical equipment and procedures is a luxury.

QuestioningMind

I'm wondering if you would afford/allow individualism to the 'things' in the near future fortunate enough to have their 'life' saved by what is currently on the frontier of cutting-edge technology:

The world's first artificial womb for humans

Synthetic womb = not inside mother.
How certain are we, that we have even identified the actual problem?
From what I can ascertain, we have the tech, we have the capability, we have the resources... What are we missing?

We're missing sufficient resources and individuals willing to raise all of the children that would be born. We're unwilling to feed and care for all of the children we currently have. Where are all the funds going to come from to build all of these artificial wombs? How are we going to feed, house, and care for all of the millions of new individuals we'd be creating? People scream bloody murder in this country if you simply try and increase the funds we pay for school lunches for the poor.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
We're missing sufficient resources and individuals willing to raise all of the children that would be born. We're unwilling to feed and care for all of the children we currently have. Where are all the funds going to come from to build all of these artificial wombs? How are we going to feed, house, and care for all of the millions of new individuals we'd be creating? People scream bloody murder in this country if you simply try and increase the funds we pay for school lunches for the poor.
You seem to understand the problem. It's in the title of the thread. Compassion... or the lack thereof, if you ask me. And I'm guilty as the next of being a part of the problem, all I accomplish is wagging my jaw (or wiggling my fingers) with little to no action committed. :oops:

74x12

]

you cannot serve god and enslavement. people who try to control other's aren't serving god. this is exactly what the pharisees were doing when jesus scolded them.

matthew 23:4

luke 11:46
Oh the Pharisees? The same ones Jesus said you are of your father the devil and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning ...