• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A memory you wish you didn't have.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you have any memories you would rather not remember from over ten years ago?

Care to share any?

I constantly have the stupidest memories come back , but then sometimes have difficulty actually remembering important stuff.

Today I remembered a conversation my older brother and mom had about Jeffrey Dahmer when I was ten. My family actually talked about stuff like that around children , and had an encyclopedia of serial killers for children.

You can see why my dad kidnapped us and tried to rescue us from our Mother. :eek:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The encyclopedia of serial killers was not a children's book, but it was bought for children to read. ;)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you have any memories you would rather not remember from over ten years ago?

Care to share any?

I constantly have the stupidest memories come back , but then sometimes have difficulty actually remembering important stuff.

Today I remembered a conversation my older brother and mom had about Jeffrey Dahmer when I was ten. My family actually talked about stuff like that around children , and had an encyclopedia of serial killers for children.

You can see why my dad kidnapped us and tried to rescue us from our Mother. :eek:
Memory of 12 years of being bullied, most of it i have blocked from my mind, but one day i might have to poke a hole in that block, and get it out of my mind :)

Psalm23

I think memories are important. We can learn from past mistakes and heal from traumas. We can remember the good times in life too. Sometimes memories of things one does wrong may bring forth guilt and shame and negative messages about the self. I think healing of destructive thinking about oneself associated with guilt or shame is better. Repressed memories hidden away may do more harm than good but if memories of past trauma for instance are brought to the light, healing can happen.

Schwarzweg

Ullr, Nebet-Het,Wendigowak
I think memories are important. We can learn from past mistakes and heal from traumas. We can remember the good times in life too. Sometimes memories of things one does wrong may bring forth guilt and shame and negative messages about the self. I think healing of destructive thinking about oneself associated with guilt or shame is better. Repressed memories hidden away may do more harm than good but if memories of past trauma for instance are brought to the light, healing can happen.
Ob sie wichtig sind, weiß ich nicht, aber ich fühle :
Je öfter ich immer und immer wieder negative Situationen durchlaufe und durchmache ........wirds besser .
Wann ich sie dann mal endgültig VERARBEITET haben werde ................keine Ahnung
Im Laufe der Zeit wird man dann wohl ganz langsam seinen Standpunkt ändern, Gefühle werden sich
abschwächen und vieles tut dann nicht mehr so weh, aber :
Grundsätzliches und Beständiges dazu .................wird bleiben
Man wird dadurch nicht gleich "ein anderer Mensch"..........................
Das dauert alles lange........................................man lebt damit und wird es schon ÜBERleben ,
auch wenns nicht leicht ist und SEHR lange dauern kann.....................