• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A magical college?

Theweirdtophat

I am kind of wondering why they aren't out there. It does not have tone strictly magic itself. Psychokinetic abilities, such as telekinesis can be practiced here. There are many colleges but I often wondered why isn't there one dedicated to magical studies

I know people are already going to bring up Hogwarts xD

This is the real stuff here and anyone who has practiced magic knows what I'm talking about.

It can be open to many faiths or lack thereof. People practicing spirituality with plants, rocks, spirits, and gods and so forth. People who meditate, visualization, classes that can help one protect them selves against malicious magic users or entities and so on. Practicing mysticism, chronokinesis. Many different kind of magic, psionics or energy work

If I have funding, perhaps I could fund something like this. A large college filled with magic users of many kinds and many faiths, Wiccan, Druid, Christian, Kabbalist, Sufi, ect. What do you think?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There are already organizations that do this; you're not aware of them? Cherry Hill? Temple of Witchcraft? Circle Sanctuary? Witch School? Grey School of Wizardry? New Alexandria library?

I mean, if you're asking about some multi-acre brick-and-mortar campus that has a multi-million dollar endowment, no, you're not going to find that. I doubt if such a thing would be desirable, much less tenable. :sweat:

Theweirdtophat

There are already organizations that do this; you're not aware of them? Cherry Hill? Temple of Witchcraft? Circle Sanctuary? Witch School? Grey School of Wizardry? New Alexandria library?

I mean, if you're asking about some multi-acre brick-and-mortar campus that has a multi-million dollar endowment, no, you're not going to find that. I doubt if such a thing would be desirable, much less tenable. :sweat:

I probably should have been more specific. A lot of those really online schools, which help I guess but personal experience I believe is much more effective. It's much more effective having them show you personally than through a computer screen. Some pagans and others have personal trainers. Tell me, would it not be more beneficial to you if your teacher was in front of you rather than just sending
directions via chat or e-mail? Even when it's done through Skype it isn't the same as personal experience.

You know University of Oxford in England or any famous well known large college? Think of that mixed with schools that teach magic, mysticism, herbalism, energy work ect. Even martial arts (As you are well aware chi and the use of it is very effective)

On the contrary, I think it would be best if students actually interacted with each other through physical and eye contact than just through a screen only.

Theweirdtophat

Fully-Funded-Scholarships-in-the-UK-at-University-of-Oxford.png

Here is an example of what I would like to see in a magical college. Pretty sure there is nothing that is this size and focuses on magic, esoteric studies, wand making, crystals, plants, meditation, martial arts ect.

Theweirdtophat

Does anyone happen to know magical schools of this size? Most of the ones I know are no bigger than an apartment.