• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A "Loving" God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hopefully this will help:

A "Loving" God

THIS QUOTE IS FROM THE PROPHET ISAIAH

A "Loving" God

THIS STATES THAT YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT GOD WAS SPEAKING THROUGH THE PROPHET ISAIAH

A "Loving" God

THIS QUOTE VERIFIES THAT BAHA'I ACCEPTS THE PROPHETS AS A REVELATION FROM GOD, CONTRADICTING WHAT YOU SAID ABOVE.
I said: "I do not believe that the OT was God speaking. Rather, it was men who wrote about God."
I did not mean that Isaiah did not speak for God. I meant that it was men who wrote the OT.

Who wrote Isaiah?

According to tradition first appearing in the Talmud, a compendium of Jewish law redacted in Babylonia at about 500 CE (Bava Batra 14b-15a), the Book of Isaiah was written by King Hezekiah, who reigned from 715 to 686 BCE, and his aides. How the Jewish sages came to this conclusion is clear.Aug 30, 2016
Part of series: Hebrew Bible

Who really wrote the Book of Isaiah? - Jewish World - Haaretz ...

InChrist

Free4ever
God told them to kill all of those people, that IS HIM, he wants murder, he murdered people he CREATED
According to the scriptures, God is the Creator who gives and takes away life and determines what is morally right and wrong for the human beings He created. He has commanded “You shall not murder”. God is also revealed as the ultimate and final Judge who brings judgement according to His wisdom and knowledge which is always exercised fairly and in perfect righteousness. When the Israelites were commanded to kill in the OT accounts it was JUDGEMENT, not murder. Judgement which was only exercised after the people groups/nations failed to pay attention and turn from their wickedness after many years of opportunity.

God’s Justice in the Land of Canaan

12_13

I said: "I do not believe that the OT was God speaking. Rather, it was men who wrote about God."
I did not mean that Isaiah did not speak for God. I meant that it was men who wrote the OT.

Who wrote Isaiah?

According to tradition first appearing in the Talmud, a compendium of Jewish law redacted in Babylonia at about 500 CE (Bava Batra 14b-15a), the Book of Isaiah was written by King Hezekiah, who reigned from 715 to 686 BCE, and his aides. How the Jewish sages came to this conclusion is clear.Aug 30, 2016
Part of series: Hebrew Bible

Who really wrote the Book of Isaiah? - Jewish World - Haaretz ...
so the Bible doesnt speak for God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
so the Bible doesnt speak for God?
The Bible was written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit so only in that sense does it speak for God.

According to my beliefs, only a Messenger of God can speak for God. Moses and Jesus were Messengers of God, but they did not write the Bible, so the Bible is not first hand information from God.

Etritonakin

Isaiah 13

Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.
Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants nor will they look with compassion on children.

Numbers 31

They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man.
The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder.
They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps.
They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals,
and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,
but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Jeremiah 19
I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds.
I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives.'

Leviticus 20:

9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Hosea 9

Even if they rear children, I will bereave them of every one. Woe to them when I turn away from them!
I have seen Ephraim, like Tyre, planted in a pleasant place. But Ephraim will bring out their children to the slayer."
Ephraim is blighted, their root is withered, they yield no fruit. Even if they bear children, I will slay their cherished offspring."

So this is a loving God???

Yes.

If one can see a maze from above, it is not confusing. One can work from the beginning, end, or any other point.

You ask that question from within.

Working from the end... all ill effects will be nullified. They and their cherished offspring will be together forever.

God will make all things new.

God is making more gods -not happy and content humans (I said "ye are gods").

God is bringing us up to speed by an absolute reality check -of 120ish years or less for each individual.

6,000 years or so for humanoid/man since Adam.

Extreme pressures and forces are necessary to make us so -in as little time as necessary.

All things are created by equal/opposite forces -and our experience will work to make us masters of such.

Christ is called "the firstborn of many brethren" -and once we are made incorruptible, we will be given "glorious body"s similar to that which allowed the Word who became Christ to create all things!

ClimbingTheLadder

Up and Down again
Isaiah 13

Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.
Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants nor will they look with compassion on children.

Numbers 31

The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder.
They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps.
and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

Jeremiah 19
I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds.
I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives.'

Leviticus 20:

9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Hosea 9

Even if they rear children, I will bereave them of every one. Woe to them when I turn away from them!
I have seen Ephraim, like Tyre, planted in a pleasant place. But Ephraim will bring out their children to the slayer."
Ephraim is blighted, their root is withered, they yield no fruit. Even if they bear children, I will slay their cherished offspring."

One of the most beautiful verses in the Bible:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
(Isaiah 45:7)

For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations, and repays to their face those who hate him, by destroying them. He will not be slack with one who hates him. He will repay him to his face. (Deuteronomy 7:9-10)

My guess though is your post is more aimed at Protestant (such as evangelical?) Christians though who believe in a "personal deity" and the rest of that stuff.
Anthropomorphism (treating God as a being, entity, etc - Christianity even calls it "three persons") is very much idolatry and heavily rejected and opposed by Judaism and Islam.
Catholicism has a more complex theology than Protestantism but still retains that kind of "personal deity" view which is not relevant to Judaism and Islam, just sayin'.

atanu

Premium Member
Isaiah 13

Numbers 31

Jeremiah 19

Leviticus 20:

Hosea 9

Similar text is there in most religions. You missed the prelude:

Isaiah 13:11

I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity. I will end the haughtiness of the arrogant and humiliate the pride of tyrants.

God is not a person who sits upon judgement to punish. God is the whole. That river passes through you and me and all. Events just flow from it.

Egotism and it’s arrogance and conscious acts of the tyrants to deepen inequities and benefit from the inequity is the prime trigger for the wrath. It is not a personal wrath. It is the wrath of whole of nature against inequality and tyranny.

Last edited:

There is a believer on this forum who believes that evil people are just hunky-dory and that they go to heaven along with good people.

I would like to know to what is his belief based on. Bible tells that eternal life is for righteous and unrighteous die.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would like to know to what is his belief based on. Bible tells that eternal life is for righteous and unrighteous die.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
His belief is something he made up, it is not based upon the Bible or any scripture. I just decided that God would not punish evil people so we are all going to heaven.

Jesus did not say that the unrighteous die. He said they will "go away" into eternal punishment. To me, that means they will not gain eternal life, but they will continue to exist, as all souls are immortal.

Paul said that the wages of sin is death and I think he meant spiritual death, not that the souls actually cease to exist.

“The immortality of the spirit is mentioned in the Holy Books; it is the fundamental basis of the divine religions. Now punishments and rewards are said to be of two kinds: first, the rewards and punishments of this life; second, those of the other world. But the paradise and hell of existence are found in all the worlds of God, whether in this world or in the spiritual heavenly worlds. Gaining these rewards is the gaining of eternal life. That is why Christ said, “Act in such a way that you may find eternal life, and that you may be born of water and the spirit, so that you may enter into the Kingdom.” 2Some Answered Questions, p. 223

“Likewise, the rewards of the other world are the eternal life which is clearly mentioned in all the Holy Books, the divine perfections, the eternal bounties and everlasting felicity….The rewards of the other world are peace, the spiritual graces, the various spiritual gifts in the Kingdom of God, the gaining of the desires of the heart and the soul, and the meeting of God in the world of eternity.” Some Answered Questions, pp. 224-225

Those people who are distant from God do not have eternal life, although their soul continues to exist in the spiritual world after their physical body dies.

“In the same way, the souls who are veiled from God, although they exist in this world and in the world after death, are, in comparison with the holy existence of the children of the Kingdom of God, non-existing and separated from God.” Some Answered Questions, p. 243

Do you see the discrepancy between what Jesus said and what Paul said? Paul said that eternal life is a free gift of God, but Jesus said that it is necessary to be righteous. So something ha is bad at black rock so to speak. I do not believe eternal life is a free gift because that would mean deeds do not matter, and Jesus said they do.

PruePhillip

Isaiah 13

Numbers 31

Jeremiah 19

Leviticus 20:

Hosea 9

Just Google 'destruction Jerusalem AD70 Titus' and watch what Jesus meant when
He wept for Jerusalem, when he spoke of even its children perishing there. Maybe
half a million children died.
God is love, God is anger, God is vengeance. My parents were like that. I don't see
any contradiction.
any contradiction.