• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A little tip

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
main-qimg-c718b5017cbfdb7bdbd0c8ea6994cfa5.jpeg

Always double check what you read even if it looks credible at first glance.
Enjoy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wouldn't know, I've never asked everyone
It's that in indicates that as long as the first and last letter are in the right spot then the rest doesn't matter and we can read it. But it says not everyone can. But if not everyone could then I don't think the letter order would matter at all.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 53495
Enjoy.

Truth be told, I missed the first one but caught the second one, which caused me look up and see the first one.

I'm pretty good at catching repeat words or typos in something another writes. I suck at catching such things in something I write. Even if I proofread before I hit post reply, I miss my errors until I see it in another format, like when the post appears to the public.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Truth be told, I missed the first one but caught the second one, which caused me look up and see the first one.

I'm pretty good at catching repeat words or typos in something another writes. I suck at catching such things in something I write. Even if I proofread before I hit post reply, I miss my errors until I see it in another format, like when the post appears to the public.

Haha. Yeah. I got so use to it I mind as well just keep it up without edit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
View attachment 53495
Enjoy.
I often speed read. When doing that, I'd not catch the
double "the" because they're never contiguous.
Notice how they're always on different lines?
Brain ignores insignificant words when hurrying. Is
brain lazy or efficient? He likes to think he's the latter.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
This can actually trip up people when they start learning a new language. I can't count the times my students were reading wrong words in texts because they saw the first and last letter and assumed they were reading a completely different word than what was actually written on the page.

Heyo

Veteran Member

That's why I proofread after hitting "Post Reply". What do you think the "Edit" function is for?
(I use it often.)