• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A line from Zostrianos

Ella S.

*temp banned*
"The person that has been saved is one who has not known about things merely intellectually, but one who is personally involved with the rational faculty as it exists within him. He has grasped the images that change in every situation as though they had become simple and one. For then he is saved who can pass through them all; he becomes them all. Whenever he wishes, he again parts from all these matters and withdraws into himself; for he becomes divine, having withdrawn into god."

This line in particular is one of my favorites from the Sethian corpus. Personally, I feel like it works as a summary of the whole of the work.

WonderingWorrier

Interesting.
Would you like to discuss the rational faculty of Gnostic alchemy?

I have noticed the order of the metals according to the bible (highest to lowest)

The law of metals:

"And Eleazar the priest said unto the men of war which went to the battle, This is the ordinance of the law which the Lord commanded Moses; Numbers 31:21

Only the gold, and the silver, the brass, the iron, the tin, and the lead." Numbers 31:22

Being highest to lowest:
Gold - Silver - Brass - Iron - Tin - Lead

So according to that law, turning lead into gold could be turning lowest into highest.
Lead - Tin - Iron - Brass - Silver - Gold

I have heard the philosophers stone can turn lead into gold.

Perhaps the philosophers stone is simply the heart of the philosopher. Trying to hear the law, the words that are spoken.

Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 7:12