• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A liberal's view on cultural appropriation.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It lead to nothing. Other than some oversensitive millenials who took a social justice class in college and now think everything is racist/sexist/homophobic/etc
So you don't know anything about operation wetback and the categorization of Hispanics as drunken criminals insisting on breaking through the wall in the 50's but have to protect a 'everything was honkey-dorey' attitude to fit with your preconceived notion. Gotcha. I think we are done here.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
So you don't know anything about operation wetback and the categorization of Hispanics as drunken criminals insisting on breaking through the wall in the 50's but have to protect a 'everything was honkey-dorey' attitude to fit with your preconceived notion. Gotcha. I think we are done here.

Impossible.

Operation wetback was 1954. This was in response to over 30 years of illegal immigration. Not because of a cartoon.

Speedy Gonzales (official version)
September 17, 1955

I think it's just conspiracy theory nonsense. Looking for patterns that aren't really there.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Impossible.

Operation wetback was 1954. This was in response to over 30 years of illegal immigration. Not because of a cartoon.

Speedy Gonzales (official version)
September 17, 1955

I think it's just conspiracy theory nonsense. Looking for patterns that aren't really there.
Speedy was released in a one-shot 53 but I didnt say Speedy led to it, I said the anglophone stereotyping and growing racism led to it. As well as a landmark case which pushed The 14th amendment for Mexican immigrants, due to harassment and deportation of legitimate immigrants under false pretense of criminal activity where they had no representation. there was a lot of Hispanic hatred back then, which is kind of why the cartoon making a comeback now is especially funny. A '**** you border control' is why he became a Mexican hero, even though it was never intended by the creators. And with our *** pimple of a president, it seems especially fitting.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I said the anglophone stereotyping and growing racism led to it. As well as a landmark case which pushed The 14th amendment for Mexican immigrants, due to harassment and deportation of legitimate immigrants under false pretense of criminal activity

Yall gotta get over this false pretense of criminal activity BS. They break the law when the enter illegally. It's not racism to secure the border and control immigration.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yall gotta get over this false pretense of criminal activity BS. They break the law when the enter illegally. It's not racism to secure the border and control immigration.
I was talking about a literal false murder charge that happened which resulted in a SCOTUS case where the 14th amendment was extended to Mexican migrants as a result.
But yeah, not talking about the right's 'Mexicans are murderers and rapists' racist stereotypes pretending it's about 'border security' here in this thread.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't have a dog in this fight. If people want to use Speedy as a hero then so be it! That was his intended role to begin with!
I recall Speedy as the hero....smart, fast, & a winner.
Heaven forbid that Hispanics be stereotyped thus.

Enoch07

Premium Member
But yeah, not talking about the right's 'Mexicans are murderers and rapists' racist stereotypes pretending it's about 'border security' here in this thread.

Nobody is stereotyping them as that. They never did. Trump was talking about ms13 a violent gang when he made that comparison. Again oversensitive millenials with a some social justice courses decided to make a racial issue out of something that isn't racial.