• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a letter to the muslims

mahayana

Lloyd and LV,

Your exchanges reminded me of this way of taking what makes sense from all sources.

"What the Buddha Taught" by the Venerable Walpola Rahula. This an excerpt is from that text.

"The Buddha once visited a small town called Kesaputta in the kingdom of Kosala. The inhabitants of this town were known by the common name Kalama. When they heard that the Buddha was in their town, the Kalamas paid him a visit, and told him:

'Sir, there are some recluses and brahmanas who visit Kesaputta. They explain and illumine only their own doctrines, and despise, condemn and spurn others' doctrines. Then come other recluses and brahmanas, and they, too, in their turn, explain and illumine only their own doctrines, and despise and condemn and spurn others' doctrines. But, for us, Sir, we have always doubt and perplexity as to who among these venerable recluses and brahmanas spoke the truth and who spoke falsehood.'

Then the Budhha gave them this advice, unique in the history of religions:

'Yes, Kalamas, it is proper that you have doubt, that you have perplexity, for a doubt has arisen in a matter which is doubtful. Now, look you Kalamas, do not be led by reports, or tradition, or hearsay. Be not led by the authority of religious texts, nor by mere logic or inference, nor by considering appearances, nor by the delight in speculative opinions, nor by seeming possibilities, nor by the idea; "this is our teacher'. But, O Kalamas, when you know for youselves that certain things are unwholesome (akusala), and wrong, and bad, then give them up ... And when you know for youselves that certain things are wholesome (kusala) and good, then accept them and follow them.'

The Buddha went even further. He told the bhikkhus that a disciple should examine even the Tathagata (Buddha) himself, so that he (the disciple) might be fully convinced of the true value of the teacher whom he followed."

Lord_Vader

Personally, if I meet any prophet or messanger, I would challange them and every word they would preach, to show proof of what they speak and tell others.

For crying out loud, how stupid are humans if they have to be told the difference between what is good and what is bad? Even in every culture right from wrong comes with many perspectives depending on your beliefs, values and culture. So what is wrong to one is ok to another.

In regards to the monothesic religions, I personally believe it is so far fetched and full of contridictions and through scientific research (geology, archology, astronomey etc), many of the things written where simply discription of the workings of nature... ETC the exodus was infact caused by a giant volcanic fallout simular, but far greater then krackdo in Indonesia.

Alot of the stories contributed by the Jews where in fact stories that came from Babyalon methology. The burning bush that spoke to moses was in fact a bush which people would eat and it caused people to helusionate (eg Moses and his visions of god).

There are many publications from many renouned world scientists, but humans being humans can not face up to the truth and have to live in a world of fantisy of gods, angels and so on....

CMIYC

As they say; “truth is nothing more but a perception”. To think that you hold the truth over any other truth is ludicrous. That would be like saying, I love my family more then you love yours. This year some of you might even be prepared to die for the truth you know, but next year you might laugh at the same truth and think to yourself, how silly was I. In time as our knowledge grows, our wisdom grows and the truth you know now, might be completely different truth later.

chuck010342

This is a good example of two countradictory statements. I have to qualify what I mean or else I would have to trash one of my views. You are corrent in your statements I must trash one of my views. GOOD JOB

chuck010342

you are right when you say I don't have supreme knowledge but I know somebody who does and he shares that knowledge with me.

chuck010342

mahayana said:
"No way The bible is 100% true."

You might consider the accuracy of Jesus' prophecy, Matthew 16, 28 "Truly, I say to you,there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming into his kingdom." Most Christians are still waiting for kingdom come, while the folks Jesus mentioned have been dead nearly 2000 years now.

Makes him more human to me, to be mistaken at times.

Tell that to Lazarus.

Chuck, I'm going to answer all your questions. The answer is because the Qur'an instructs us on how we are to live and since the Qur'an was sent by Allah, the Qur'an is perfect and true with everything written in it. The Qur'an has been revealed to us and it would be foolish to ignore that which has been revealed to us by Allah. In short, to know you must read the Qur'an.

Scott1

Muslim Communist said:
Chuck, I'm going to answer all your questions. The answer is because the Qur'an instructs us on how we are to live and since the Qur'an was sent by Allah, the Qur'an is perfect and true with everything written in it. The Qur'an has been revealed to us and it would be foolish to ignore that which has been revealed to us by Allah. In short, to know you must read the Qur'an.
Good answer, welcome to the forums.

mr.guy

crapsack
chuck010342 said:
This is a good example of two countradictory statements.
I've just read this whole thread and it's official: I'M LOSING MY FRIGGIN' MIND!

cOUNtradiction = boo! cONtradiction = yeah!

Lord_Vader

In my heart I always new that the religion of Muslims was a fraud. But in making my comments, here are some educated researched facts.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

His wife in fact was a Christian and Mohammad was in fact a Jew. His holy book is a plagiarised document from both Jewish & Christian holy books. There have been many messengers after him from many religious walks (even from monotheistic faiths) and their religions shows the male sided beliefs towards Arab lifestyle & treatment of women.

There is more evil in Islam then good (call stoning people to death & having four wives justified as a godly act). Mohammad is the anti-Christ, the bringer of evil into this world who went crazy with religion from having his brain baked in that Middle Eastern sun to much.

Fellow Muslims, do not question your faith???? Why???? Because you might in fact realise your are worshiping a idol and your religion is nothing more then thew worlds biggest con, world biggest fraud.

Islam is the religion of the devil and look around you in the world today and what Muslims have become, nothing about you and your religion is holy, just pure evil and the devil as your god.

Islam a religion of peace my arse.....

Light

Lord_Vader said:
In my heart I always new that the religion of Muslims was a fraud. But in making my comments, here are some educated researched facts.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

His wife in fact was a Christian and Mohammad was in fact a Jew. His holy book is a plagiarised document from both Jewish & Christian holy books. There have been many messengers after him from many religious walks (even from monotheistic faiths) and their religions shows the male sided beliefs towards Arab lifestyle & treatment of women.

There is more evil in Islam then good (call stoning people to death & having four wives justified as a godly act). Mohammad is the anti-Christ, the bringer of evil into this world who went crazy with religion from having his brain baked in that Middle Eastern sun to much.

Fellow Muslims, do not question your faith???? Why???? Because you might in fact realise your are worshiping a idol and your religion is nothing more then thew worlds biggest con, world biggest fraud.

Islam is the religion of the devil and look around you in the world today and what Muslims have become, nothing about you and your religion is holy, just pure evil and the devil as your god.

What :biglaugh: ? Nonsense and total ignorance. Go read and search before posting such nonsense and lies and letting other people laughing at you.

Smoke

Done here.
chuck010342 said:
Simple where the Koran says to "Kill in the name of Allah"
And where, exactly, is that?

If you intend to make a hobby of polemics, you may find that it's a good idea to do a little research.

Lord_Vader said:

I am new here, but my god, have i have never seen such stupidity from this person. I am no scholar of Islam but I can tell false accusation from real issues.

Are you judging the religion "Islam" or the people who accept the religion "Muslim". People can make mistakes and have the right to there own actions. I know for a fact you won't find anything wrong with our religion "Islam" which means submission to God and is centralized around monotheism, and peace.

How can Islam be evil when the purpose of Islam is submission to one God (who is All-Mericful)?

Why does Islam require us to place our face on the floor 5 times a day when we bow down and make our prayer to God?
Why does Islam teach us to help the needy?
Why does Islam emphasize respect for your parents and neigbours?

Before you say something, know your facts, I am not here to insult your religion but learn about it, but not from you.