• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a letter to the muslims

chuck010342

I believe that the atheism thread I started is somewhat closed I would like to open another one that is to the muslims. I would like to start with this question.

Is the God of Islam omniscent and omnipotent like the Christian view of God?

anders

I don't find deciding on a common prayer direction any more strange than that Christian churches are being built with the altar facing east. It is of course very practical to decide on one direction when you have a mosque full of people, so that people don't collide. I think that knowing that one faces Mecca will inspire thoughts of a possible pilgrimage, and so the direction will contribute to the experience and feeling of unity among believers.

croak

Trickster
A long time ago, Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (as) built a shrine dedicated to Allah Alone. This shrine is the Ka'ba. Now, Hajj (pilgrimage) to the shrine is made because it, in a way, represents Ibrahim willingness to travel far from his homeland for the sake of Allah. Also, what better way to prove you believe in Allah? It is journey you partake for Allah Alone. It might not make you rich and famous, but the feeling of journeying for His Sake alone is quite enough for many.

chuck010342

RearingArabian said:
A long time ago, Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (as) built a shrine dedicated to Allah Alone.

And how do you know this? (I know your answer but I got something in mind)

rearingarabian said:
This shrine is the Ka'ba. Now, Hajj (pilgrimage) to the shrine is made because it, in a way, represents Ibrahim willingness to travel far from his homeland for the sake of Allah.

So you make the Hajj to honor Abram and not Allah?

RearingArabian said:
Also, what better way to prove you believe in Allah?

Simple where the Koran says to "Kill in the name of Allah"

rearingarabian said:
It is journey you partake for Allah Alone.

I Thought it was to honor abram. Unless you like countradictions

RearingArabian said:
It might not make you rich and famous, but the feeling of journeying for His Sake alone is quite enough for many.

Kind of like praying

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Chuck, why do Christians place thier alters to the east?
Why do they repeat the 'lords prayer' by rote?
Why do question Muslims doing the same sorts of things that Christians do?

wa:do

Scott1

chuck,
Do you really think these silly questions will do any good?

Do you think you're going to covert a few Muslims with this?

chuck010342 said:
Simple where the Koran says to "Kill in the name of Allah"
This garbage is beneath someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
chuck010342 said:
And how do you know this? (I know your answer but I got something in mind)
Oddly enough, the phrase 'I got something in mind' doesn't exactly make someone jump in and answer questions.

As Scott so eloquently put it, this type of questioning is beneath someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus. I would say it is insulting to Christians, but I am lucky enough to know that the majority of Christians are not of the same persuasion.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
chuck010342 said:
which brings up another question. If God is omniscent they why go on a pilgrimage?
And if God is omnipresent why go anywhere? If you can't escape Him, why search for Him?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Christians, Jews, and Muslims all make pilgimages of all kind...Alters in christian churches face east...Jews in the diaspora face toward Israel, those in Israel face toward Jerusalem, and those in Jerusalem face toward the temple mount.
I don't understand what your trying to get at...they feel their religion is as much the truth as you feel christianity is.

chuck010342

jewscout said:
Alters in christian churches face east

Jesus Never said anything like this

jewscout said:
I don't understand what your trying to get at...they feel their religion is as much the truth as you feel christianity is.

They feel but that isn't truth

chuck010342

FeathersinHair said:
Oddly enough, the phrase 'I got something in mind' doesn't exactly make someone jump in and answer questions.

Okay maybe I shouldn't of said that.

FeathersinHair said:
As Scott so eloquently put it, this type of questioning is beneath someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus. I would say it is insulting to Christians, but I am lucky enough to know that the majority of Christians are not of the same persuasion.

all I said is how do you know this I didn't mean anything bad about it

chuck010342

painted wolf said:
Chuck, why do Christians place thier alters to the east?
Why do they repeat the 'lords prayer' by rote?
Why do question Muslims doing the same sorts of things that Christians do?

wa:do
1. I don't know, maybe they want to be christians and not following Jesus

2. see above

3. They do some things the same, they do some things that are not the same

chuck010342

SOGFPP said:
chuck,
Do you really think these silly questions will do any good?

Yup, and I don't think they are silly questions.

SOGFPP said:
Do you think you're going to covert a few Muslims with this?

I'm debating, not trying to convert.

SOGFPP said:
This garbage is beneath someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus.

That is what the Koran says is it not?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have to agree with Scott on this one, Chuck. The questions are silly. Do you have some more substantial questions about Islam that you'd like to debate?

chuck010342

Sunstone said:
I have to agree with Scott on this one, Chuck. The questions are silly. Do you have some more substantial questions about Islam that you'd like to debate?

I don't understand. What is so silly about my questions?