• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a letter to the muslims

chuck010342

Sunstone said:
How can you know the truth without weighing and evaluating different views?

Your right sunstone. I should of refined my statement. What I mean is that I am agianst this statement : Everybdoy has their own views and that is fine.

I don't care about "everbody has there own views" I care about what the truth is.

chuck010342

painted wolf said:
chuck I honestly don't believe you want to know about the validity of Islam. You have already made up your mind and seem to simply want to snipe another faith, IMHO.

wa:do

and if somebody wanted to "Snipe" at my faith I would defend it.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
chuck010342 said:
To see if Islam is the truth or not.
As many others have said, you seem to have made up your mind already, and are simply mocking people of other faiths for something your own faith could be accused of.

chuck010342 said:
I believe in something called truth and I want to know what is the truth is it found in the revelation to Muhummed or is it found in Jesus. Both of them cannot be true.
Please explain why they cannot be, in this thread you're wanting to start against relativism. I do not expect that to have any influence on you, much as peoples' kind and patient answers to your questions (have you thanked them yet for replying, even when they must have known their relgion was about to be attacked?) have not yet done so.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
chuck010342 said:
I can honestly say that there are NO countradictions within the bible.
Oh happy day!!
no contradicitions in the bible huh?
Which came first beast or man?
GEN 1:25 And G-d made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and G-d saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And G-d said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the L-RD G-d said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the L-RD G-d formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof

How did Judas die? 2 different accounts...
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 27:5)

"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)

Did Jesus appear to ten, eleven or twelve disciples?
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/11_or_12.html

Has there ever been a just, righteous, good or perfect person?
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/perfect.html

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
To see if Islam is the truth or not.
How are you going to judge this? Do you have divine guidence? Unless you do, then you are quite likely to be faulty in you choice, whatever it may be.

I believe in something called truth and I want to know what is the truth is it found in the revelation to Muhummed or is it found in Jesus. Both of them cannot be true.
Perhaps neither of them are. Perhaps either of them are. Really, your truth may be the fallacy of another. You cannot accurately judge whether or not a certain religion is true or false. I find it funny, actually. It' somewhat like quantum physics. If you know much about a religion, you cannot say whether it is intrinsic fact or not; it's position is intangible. If you don't know much about a religion, it is easy to say that it is utter nonsense; false.

ever hear of a Jihad?
Ever hear of the crusades? Of the mutlitude of slaughters Christians have advocated? The crusades were fought mainly by the average Christians, and not by the noble knighthood. The Mayans, Incans, Aztecs, Native Americans, and basically every person indiginous to North America were unjustly treated and/or killed by Christians. And you claim that the Islamic are wrong? One might state that the acts that Christians have taken were done by people perverting the word of God. Might one also say that of the Islamic?

chuck010342

Druidus said:
How are you going to judge this? Do you have divine guidence? Unless you do, then you are quite likely to be faulty in you choice, whatever it may be.

I use logic and reason

Druidus said:
Perhaps neither of them are. Perhaps either of them are. Really, your truth may be the fallacy of another.
You cannot accurately judge whether or not a certain religion is true or false. I find it funny, actually. It' somewhat like quantum physics. If you know much about a religion, you cannot say whether it is intrinsic fact or not; it's position is intangible. If you don't know much about a religion, it is easy to say that it is utter nonsense; false.

Please see the other thread.

Druidus said:
Ever hear of the crusades? Of the mutlitude of slaughters Christians have advocated? The crusades were fought mainly by the average Christians, and not by the noble knighthood. The Mayans, Incans, Aztecs, Native Americans, and basically every person indiginous to North America were unjustly treated and/or killed by Christians. And you claim that the Islamic are wrong? One might state that the acts that Christians have taken were done by people perverting the word of God. Might one also say that of the Islamic?

I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I use logic and reason
Both artificial, and swayed by opinion. Faulty by mere existence.

I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN
Whatever you call yourself, you follow Jesus, the same as those evil men did. Therefore, whether or not you are a "Christian" is only a matter of semantics. Does the mere fact that some people in a religion are evil mean that all are? *Recalls the case where a man raped dozens of young women and claimed he did it for Jesus*

_salam_

chuck010342 said:
Got em lets deal with one at a time okay?

(96:2) countradicts (16:4).
Wow. I honestly thought you could have come up with something better than this. Anyway here we go. I will post the verses for those of you who are reading along, verse 16:4 says:

"He has created man from a sperm drop;......"

Verse 96:2 says:

"He created man from alaqah..."

Before I go on let me explain what the Arabic word alaqah means. This word has a few different meanings attached to it, one it means a leech or leech like thing, two it can mean something which is suspended or clings (which fits along with the leech description, because leech's when hanging onto there host are infact suspended/clinging there), and the third most common meaning would be a clot of blood or clotting blood (mainly because of the sticky or "clinging" quality that blood has when it is clotting).

Now for my response. These two verses are merely just describing two different stages in which man is created, they both occure and are both true. If we read further into the Qur'an we find them to be listed one after the other, showing that these are not two different ways in which man is created but rather two different stages in the process of man's creation. In verse 40:67 is says:

"He it is who created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot (alaqah), then brings you forth as a child...."

Let me apply this to another situation.
I created a cake.
I created the cake from flour.
I created the cake from eggs.
I created the cake from sugar.
And so on.....
Now all of these statements about the cake are true by themselves or all together are they not?

For this reason I see no contradiction between the verses. However, I'm sure Chuck will still find a contradiction because he is being closed minded and has already made up his mind about there being contradictions in the Qur'an and about the whole of Islam in general.

_salam_

chuck010342 said:
Why not? They (peace be upon them both) are both prophets from the same God. You still accept what the Prophets (pbut) before Jesus (pbuh) had to say as truth, don't you? You don't think they were lying about God and such matters do you? I really doubt it. So why can't Jesus and Muhammad (pbut) be telling the truth about God.

ever hear of a Jihad?
Yes, I have heard of jihad. However,I'm wondering if you have ever heard of the correct meaning of jihad. I would love to hear what you think jihad means, please it explain it to me.

croak

Trickster
These are contradictions?? I've heard of better ones, ones that may seem to be contradictions at first glance. But this...........I dunno why, I feel like laughing. Sorry.

_salam_

RearingArabian said:
These are contradictions?? I've heard of better ones, ones that may seem to be contradictions at first glance. But this...........I dunno why, I feel like laughing. Sorry.
Yeah I was as surprised as you are. I would have thought that somebody like Chuck, who seems to intent on making Islam look bad, would have come up with something a little more difficult to explain than this.

croak

Trickster
Jesus did not get any revelation, Jesus is not just a prophet Jesus is the way, the light, the truth. Remeber the Jesus I'm talking about is not the same in anyway as your prophet is.
So, "the light" lies? Now thats interesting.

I could give you a whole page of contradictions in the Bible, if you'd like, chuck. ;)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
_salam_ said:
Wow. I honestly thought you could have come up with something better than this. Anyway here we go. I will post the verses for those of you who are reading along, verse 16:4 says:

"He has created man from a sperm drop;......"

Verse 96:2 says:

"He created man from alaqah..."

Before I go on let me explain what the Arabic word alaqah means. This word has a few different meanings attached to it, one it means a leech or leech like thing, two it can mean something which is suspended or clings (which fits along with the leech description, because leech's when hanging onto there host are infact suspended/clinging there), and the third most common meaning would be a clot of blood or clotting blood (mainly because of the sticky or "clinging" quality that blood has when it is clotting).

Now for my response. These two verses are merely just describing two different stages in which man is created, they both occure and are both true. If we read further into the Qur'an we find them to be listed one after the other, showing that these are not two different ways in which man is created but rather two different stages in the process of man's creation. In verse 40:67 is says:

"He it is who created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot (alaqah), then brings you forth as a child...."

Assalamu 'alaikum dear Salam,

Thank you for answering his claims that there are contradictions in the Holy Quran!!! Jazaki Allah khayran!! I am really astonished at what he claims as contradictions ?!!

Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
chuck010342 said:
No he did not.
Oh I see that you are so determined and sure of what you are saying though you claimed that you want to know the truth, but in fact as other members said you just want to attack our religion. I would say that what you are saying is untrue, and the fact that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is a a true Messenger of God is true 100%.You should know that we Muslims are so sure 100% about our religion and have no doubt whatever of it's truthfulness.
You know Chuck, I would love to see the signs of disapointment on your face in the day of Judgment when you will know the Truth and when Prophet Jesus peace be upon him will be innocent of what you claim and what you believe is true. Then it would be too late to repent.

Got em lets deal with one at a time okay?

(96:2) countradicts (16:4).
I am sure that there are no contradictions in the words of God, and I am so surprised at what you claim as contradictions. Salam anwered you.

Your saying that the Quran has never been translated?
Quran was revealed in Arabic language. If you take the Quran in Arabic and go Wherever you go in the world you will find the same copy with no letter added or taken out of it, it is preserved as it had first revealed more than 1400 years ago.
The translation is another thing. The Quran is translated in many different languages in order for the non Arabs to understand it and understand its meaning. But you should know that while worshipping and praying to God we do and must recite the Quran in Arabic and no other language.

Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Peace be with you,

I would like to thank all the members that posted here of their tolerance with us Muslims. Thank you!!!

Peace

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Peace said:
Peace be with you,

I would like to thank all the members that posted here of their tolerance with us Muslims. Thank you!!!

Peace
no problem Peace
i figure in small steps the brothers of Abraham can bring peace!:162: