• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a letter to the muslims

_salam_

No*s said:
Actually, if you go to an Orthodox Church that hasn't any pews, then you're likely see people bowing down. However, I won't say more, as it's a little off-topic.
Cool, I didn't know that. However, I would still like to hear what Chuck has to say regarding what I posted.

No*s

Captain Obvious
_salam_ said:
Cool, I didn't know that. However, I would still like to hear what Chuck has to say regarding what I posted.

I'll be looking for that as well...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Take a look at post #35, Chuck. I think that's what Salam and No*s might be refering to.

chuck010342

jewscout said:
Jews used to prostrate themselves in the same way that muslims do, and even kneeling like christians, but that's ended now since it's so associated with other faiths, however there is bowing that goes on when you daven (pray).

Did Jesus EVER say that you have to bow while praying?

linwood

chuck010342 said:
Thats just my point. They can't be christians if they do some things that, The very man whom Christianity is based around, Didn't do they are not christians
Hmm..Niether was Christ, a Christian that is

That would mean that anyone who calls themselves Christian are doing something Christ wouldn`t do(be a Christian).

That would mean...none of you get it..hehhehe..

No..That can`t be it.

_salam_

chuck010342 said:
No, not that I know of. However, I thought you said that Christians should follow what Christ did, and according to the Bible he did do that. Plus I'm pretty sure other prophets and people mentioned in the Bible are recorded as praying the same way also.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
You can do all the evil you want, as long as you believe in a man named Jesus (as), who is supposedly God, and can get you in Heaven no matter what.

And you find this in the bible? Please show me where

Actually, I think it was in the people who are claiming to be Christians that it was found.

No*s

Captain Obvious
FeathersinHair said:
Actually, I think it was in the people who are claiming to be Christians that it was found.

I fully agree, but I doubt that anyone who subscribes to Sola Scriptura will...

croak

Trickster
According to Islam, 'Isa (Jesus) (as) was not a Christian or a Jew, because the Jews' book was changed, and they believed in things that were untrue, and Christians actually are the people who followed Paul. A Roman messenger, I think, wanted to know how to report this new religion to the Emperor. He gave the name Christianity, after the name Christos, which is clearly related to Christ, and Paul and his followers were borna. Hence, the Christians were created.

chuck010342

linwood said:
Hmm..Niether was Christ, a Christian that is

That would mean that anyone who calls themselves Christian are doing something Christ wouldn`t do(be a Christian).

That would mean...none of you get it..hehhehe..

No..That can`t be it.

Quite right linwood thats why my religion is not christian

chuck010342

_salam_ said:
I agree. Yes a prayer is simply talking to God. However, salat, which is what your refering to when your taking about the "praying" toward Mecca, isn't prayer. A better translation of the word salat would be worship, so praying is anything else that you ask of God outside of salat.

Great a love learning new terms. So you worship God in the direction of Mecca. Therefore God is not above matter because he wants to be worshiped in a paticular direction.

_salam_ said:
Just like when you go to church, your not just going there to pray your going there to worship God. Only difference is that we are suppose to worship God five times a day everyday, it can be done anywhere (although worhsipping at the masjid is highly encouraged), and of course the obvious differences in how we worship.

Guess what Jesus never said "go to church"

_salam_ said:
Also, I have to agree with everybody that the questions your asking are a bit trivial. If you're trying to make a point just make it, there's no need to beat around the bush. Plus you said that you already know how we're going to answer these questions, so lets just cut to the chase.

Okay then answer my question

_salam_ said:
Last, I noticed that you said that "real" christians shouldn't be doing things that Jesus (pbuh) didn't do, I'm going to assume that by saying this you would agree that Christians should also try and do the things that Jesus (pbuh) did do. Right? Well here's a little FYI, the Bible states in Matthew 26:39

A muslim telling me what the bible says? Thats fine but why are you doing this? Don't you think that the bible lied to us and that it isn't true?

_salam_ said:
"Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Hmmm. Now thats interesting to me. Aside from the obvious fact that Jesus (pbuh) appears to be praying (or worshipping or whatever you want to call it) like Muslim's pray, I can't say I have ever, EVER, in the 19 years of going to church every Sunday, seen a Christian fall on his face in prayer. I kinda suspect that you don't do this either, but I could be wrong, yet you claim that you should do what Jesus (pbuh) did.

When you pray to God you do so under different circumstances. Jesus was going to be crucified and die a horrible death. So If I'm about to die like That I think I would fall at my face like he did

croak

Trickster
chuck, if God asked you to do something (and you knew it was Him), you'd obey, right? Muhammed (saas) got the revelation from Allah, so he had no choice but to follow orders.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
chuck010342 said:
chuck010342 said:
hmmm interesting point lets see here ...........
chuck010342 said:
Thats just my point. They can't be christians if they do some things that, The very man whom Christianity is based around, Didn't do they are not christians
but, as one of our muslim cousins have pointed out Jesus did prostrate himself before G-d much like earlier jews did and muslims do now

Matthew 26:39 said:
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed,

chuck010342

jewscout said:
then how are you living like a first century palestinian jew?:sarcastic

I don't see Jesus as a first century jew. Being sarcastic are we? This is a place for debate and not discussion so I don't think sarcasm is appropiate

chuck010342

_salam_ said:
No, not that I know of. However, I thought you said that Christians should follow what Christ did, and according to the Bible he did do that. Plus I'm pretty sure other prophets and people mentioned in the Bible are recorded as praying the same way also.

If YOU are going to tell ME what the bible says I suggest you give me the Verse numbers.