• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A leader is not a fool, a leader is someone who pretends to be a fool

sovietchild

Do you see any truth in the statement, "A leader is not a fool, a leader is someone who pretends to be a fool"? Please.
Regards.

sovietchild

How does pretending to be a fool make you a leader?

Why does being a leader require such?

Well, lets go back and see how Diaz won against popular fighter Mcgregor. Diaz plan was to give the first round away to Mcgregor and then on 2nd round to finish him. Well, that's how it happened. He didn't fight that much on first round, Mcgregor was pounding him, but the second round was opposite. Mcgregor got chocked.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Makes no sense to me at all, but maybe my eyes are covered by a 'only sensible allowed to enter' cloth..

Kirran

Premium Member
Well, lets go back and see how Diaz won against popular fighter Mcgregor. Diaz plan was to give the first round away to Mcgregor and then on 2nd round to finish him. Well, that's how it happened. He didn't fight that much on first round, Mcgregor was pounding him, but the second round was opposite. Mcgregor got chocked.

One more, Fedor Emelianenko vs Fabrício Werdum.

Fedor hits Werdum in the face. Werdum fakes it and hits the ground, Fedor jumps on him and gets submitted by Werdum.

I honestly have no idea what this sport is.

But regardless, it has no relevance to "leadership".

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Do you see any truth in the statement, "A leader is not a fool, a leader is someone who pretends to be a fool"? Please.
Regards.

This is clearly true. Just look at the case of the recent die-offs of bee populations throughout various parts of the world: Some people like to eat oatmeal for breakfast, yet chlorophyll is primarily what gives plants their green color.

sovietchild

This is clearly true. Just look at the case of the recent die-offs of bee populations throughout various parts of the world: Some people like to eat oatmeal for breakfast, yet chlorophyll is primarily what gives plants their green color.

I'm sorry to trouble you but I prefer if you can give me some more information about this. Are you saying that oatmeal production is one of the reasons why bee's population is dropping?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Regards.
In all seriousness, this is but one small tool that can be used to keep adversaries off balance. If they underestimate your intelligence and craftiness they will simply fall into your trap. The problem with this is that word will quickly spread that you are not the fool you pretend to be therefore nullifying the deception.

Kirran

Premium Member
Okay, how about Soviets vs Nazi. Soviets build fake cities so that Nazi planes could bomb them. It worked.

At the end of the day, we can directly observe that people tend to wear shoes but that there's a growing quantity of plastic in the oceans, although of course we must note that sugar and salt tend to be co-transported across the intestinal wall.

Jedster

In what way can we corroborate this through noting the boiling temperature of furry asparagus under two atmospheric pressures?
Obviously by applying the van Van Waals equation of state
Just_Cuz_06.gif
QED

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Regards.

I suppose if someone appears as a fool, they appear non-threatening to their adversaries, who might unwittingly let down their guard.