• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A law that forbids ritual slaughter (halal, kosher)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's great to hear that come from someone who used to live in Sweden. Immigration turned Sweden into what some people call a rape capital.

After opening its doors to certain people, the rape rate in Sweden went up over a thousand percent. I thought Sweden had Stockholm syndrome and is falling in love with these rapists. I'm partially joking, but sweden really needs to wake up. I'm part Swedish and keep a swedish flag in my room btw.

When you lived in Sweden did you hear a lot of negative comments about Muslims?
That claim was pure hyperbole and has been refuted:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crime-sweden-rape-capital-europe/

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Smart so the lead can seep in the bloodstream so we all consume it?
How would that happen? Lead cannot "seep" very far into a nonmoving blood stream. Also if you ever hunted you would know that many shots to through the body of the animal. Not much seeping will occur in a fraction of a second. If one hints for fowl with a shotgun there is zero chances of lead poisoning since lead shot has been illegal, at least for waterfowl, for over a generation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
all I said was sweden has been nicknamed the rape capital, I didn't say that was accurate. I said some people call it the rape capital.

yet many sources still say that rape went up over a thousand percent after Sweden's opening the doors to immigration.
And that claim was pure BS.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Think that too is clutching at straws. Is it really an advantage to have a medical procedure when just covering something up is more effective?
Yep, it is. "Covering up" is not always an option. Yes, it is always possible where you and I live, but in undeveloped countries one does not find pharmacies just around the corner. In countries where HIV is a problem anything that helps would be welcome. That being said there is no reason to have the process legal in developed countries. Of course there is this (only necessary to listen from 3:20 to 3:40):

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No, the false statistics vary. One needs to look at what was measured. There was no "1,000% increase" There was not even a 100% increase. Rapes between 2006 and 2015 went up 13%, that is from the Snopes article which got that from this source:
Anmälda brott 2016 – preliminär statistik - Brottsförebyggande rådet
Forty years after the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the formerly homogenous Sweden into a multicultural country, violent crime has increased by 300% and rapes by 1,472%. Sweden is now number two on the list of rape countries, surpassed only by Lesotho in Southern Africa.
Sweden: Rape Capital of the West

I'm not saying it is true. Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yep, it is. "Covering up" is not always an option. Yes, it is always possible where you and I live, but in undeveloped countries one does not find pharmacies just around the corner. In countries where HIV is a problem anything that helps would be welcome. That being said there is no reason to have the process legal in developed countries. Of course there is this (only necessary to listen from 3:20 to 3:40):

I think we'll agree to disagree, if it weren't for the Catholic Church, Aids/HIV wouldn't be as big a problem in Africa

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think we'll agree to disagree, if it weren't for the Catholic Church, Aids/HIV wouldn't be as big a problem in Africa
I don't think we are disagreeing all that much. I know the negative role that the Catholic Church has had in Africa, and that condoms are far superior to circumcision. My argument is that it does help a bit in areas where condoms are not readily available, thanks to various Popes and squeamish U.S. charities. There is no valid reason to have it done to children in either England or the U.S.. But for the women, as Wallowitz said: " You're welcome."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Forty years after the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the formerly homogenous Sweden into a multicultural country, violent crime has increased by 300% and rapes by 1,472%. Sweden is now number two on the list of rape countries, surpassed only by Lesotho in Southern Africa.
Sweden: Rape Capital of the West

I'm not saying it is true. Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle
The problem is that you are not using honest sources. Sweden has one of the most all encompassing definitions of "rape". As a result more offenses are considered rape in Sweden. That skews the statistics. You are comparing apples and oranges. This should help:

"
Sweden[edit]
Main article: Rape in Sweden
A frequently cited source when comparing Swedish rape statistics internationally is the regularly published report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), based on official statistics provided by each member state.[note 1] In 2012, Sweden had 66 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå).[242] This was unequivocally the biggest number reported to the UNODC in 2012.[243] However, widely differing legal systems, offence definitions, terminological variations, recording practices and statistical conventions makes any cross-national comparison on rape statistics difficult,[244][245][246][247] which is why the UNODC itself caution against using their figures.[243] It should also be noted that many countries do not report any rape statistics at all to the UNODC,[248] and some report very low numbers, despite studies that indicate otherwise.[249][250]

Comparison of selected countries' reported rape rates, 2012.
The Swedish police record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[244][247][251] Sweden also has a comparatively wide definition of rape.[244][245][246] This means that more sexual crimes are registered as rape than in most other countries.[245] For example, in 2005 Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider,[244][252][253][254] which led to a marked increase in reports.[255][256] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to decrease the number of unreported cases.[244][256][257][258] For this reason, large-scale victimisation surveys have been presented by criminologists as a more reliable indicator of rape prevalence.[244][245][246] An EU-wide survey on sexual violence against women, published by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) in 2014, showed Sweden was only third highest, below Denmark and Finland[259] and a previous assessment by Brå have placed Sweden at an average level among European nations.[245]

According to the FRA study there's a strong correlation between higher levels of gender equality and disclosure of sexual violence.[259] This, and a greater willingness among Swedish women to report rape in relationships,[260] may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape in Sweden, which has a long-standing tradition of gender equality policy and legislation, as well as an established women's movement,[246]and has been ranked as the number one country in sex equality."

Rape statistics - Wikipedia

And from one of the sources that Wiki cited:

'
"In Sweden there has been this ambition explicitly to record every case of sexual violence separately, to make it visible in the statistics," she says.

"So, for instance, when a woman comes to the police and she says my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record - one victim, one type of crime, one record." '

Sweden's rape rate under the spotlight

Shad

Veteran Member
I find it humorous that in a very religious country, many of them are basically saying, "God messed up with human design, I need to chop this bit off my kid's penis to put it right". Wouldn't you think God would have got it right?

Read Samuel 1. Foreskins double as a bounty paid by David to Saul. Old school bitcoins!