• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A law that forbids ritual slaughter (halal, kosher)

Nous

Premium Member
I googled it and it says it take 4 seconds if one is standing and up to 12 seconds if one is laying down, so I do stand corrected.
Thank you. Good to know. I got things balled up.

Holdasown

I find it humorous that in a very religious country, many of them are basically saying, "God messed up with human design, I need to chop this bit off my kid's penis to put it right". Wouldn't you think God would have got it right?

Circumcision was not done by Jews because God messed up. It's not what any US Christian would say either.

Kirran

Premium Member
I find it humorous that in a very religious country, many of them are basically saying, "God messed up with human design, I need to chop this bit off my kid's penis to put it right". Wouldn't you think God would have got it right?

Ah there's various explanations for it.

For me personally, I don't think God has any intention to give us an easy life or make things nicer for us - that's quite evident from the state of the world!

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Jews used circumcision to identify Jews. I know many Christians who have chose it for their kids for that reason as well. Personally I don't think god designed us.
Are Jews supposed to walk around with their penises hanging out.
Wouldn't it be easier to wear a Kippah instead?

Holdasown

Are Jews supposed to walk around with their penises hanging out.
Wouldn't it be easier to wear a Kippah instead?

It is my impression it was so women would know they had a Jewish husband but I am not a Jewish scholar. It is addressed in the Old Testament.