• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"A KY School District Found a Brilliant Loophole for the 'In God We Trust' Law"

Skwim

Veteran Member

Love it. . . .Love it. . . . Love it

"Kentucky is one of several states caught in the hairs of the Project Blitz playbook, which urges politicians (especially Republicans in red states) to pass legislation promoting various forms of Christian Nationalism.

Last year, evangelist Brandon Reed, a Republican who serves in the State House, filed House Bill 46, which required public schools to post “In God We Trust” signs in every building. The bill was signed into law this past March.

The relevant portion of the new law says this:

Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, local boards shall require each public elementary and secondary school to display the national motto of the United States, “In God We Trust,” in a prominent location in the school.

The display required in paragraph (a) of this subsection may take the form of but is not limited to a mounted plaque or student artwork.

For purposes of this section, “prominent location” means a school entryway, cafeteria, or common area where students are likely to see the national motto.
One interesting thing about that wording is that, unlike some states, there’s no requirement that the display be a certain size. As long as students can theoretically see the words, schools are following the letter of the law.

Even in Kentucky, though, plenty of administrators are aware that the phrase sends a message to Muslims and atheists and Jews that they’re not welcome here. It’s not their beliefs getting this special treatment, after all. Just Christian ones.

That’s why you have to applaud what they did in the Fayette County Public Schools (in Lexington).

Instead of, say, painting the Christian phrase in gigantic letters in some hallway, the board sent each school a framed copy of… the back of a one dollar bill.

67959741_10157520652827920_5247985066847502336_o.jpg

Hey, it includes the phrase. [:p]

This is what it looks like in the office of one of the schools in the district. (I’m not including the name of the school here, but an administrator there told me the picture was delivered to them by the district and they put it up in the main office.)"
source

MikeDwight

That's the most broken series of crap government crapping government crap I've ever had anyone explain to me. Now there's a framed dollar bill. great.

You actually got that all wrong though. The supreme court ruled its all neutral. God who we Trust (Peace be upon him), God's 8 fold path, God Ackbah, HanaGod, Just like Francis Scott Key envisioned. Plus there's more. Its the last Northern republican president's poopy on America. Statue of Liberty. plus theres more. Military Industrial Complex! Why's that in every game involving the civil war Confederacy, I don't know! Plus! Military Industrial Complex... Presbyterianism 3rd day in office! In god We Trust which is anything anybody ever wanted it to be by the God of any of your Fathers for any citizen, that is essential to the formation of Democratic Civilization, retire to Gettysburgh. We Can not Dedicate, We Can Not Consecrate, Dwighty Dwight Eisenhower, whom, Valour!

United States national motto: In God We Trust. The modern motto of the United States of America, as established in a 1956 law signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, is "In God We Trust". The phrase first appeared on U.S. coins in 1864.

Religious Leadership that dies out civil Religion. Woohoo. I'm a Covenanter soldier and I oath to my beliefes, tae lords sae fine they, Under God, we Will, indivisible Nation, Allegiance.

I'm sorry I'm so incoherent. Well... Search all this Dwight Eisenhower stuff then... Who'd heard anyone talk about Eisenhower? He's like a dud president.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And to think you do everything in your power to hold onto these bills. Love it!

MikeDwight

If Eisenhower made the Uniting Church of Canada and the UNited Church of Australia, and reduced 7 million members in his decade to 1.4 million today in Presbyterianism, and this was to Mimic the war against Communism and the God against Communism, that all Americans can be a part of in the heritage of a nation in Religious Leadership of America, then , Ahn Chang Ho Gets Strong Claimant status on Crusader Kings 2 in Presbyterian Christendom in Crusader Kings 2, on the Kingdom of Korea, we press his Claim.

Ponder This

"Kentucky is one of several states caught in the hairs of the Project Blitz playbook, which urges politicians (especially Republicans in red states) to pass legislation promoting various forms of Christian Nationalism.

Last year, evangelist Brandon Reed, a Republican who serves in the State House, filed House Bill 46, which required public schools to post “In God We Trust” signs in every building. The bill was signed into law this past March.

The relevant portion of the new law says this:

Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, local boards shall require each public elementary and secondary school to display the national motto of the United States, “In God We Trust,” in a prominent location in the school.

The display required in paragraph (a) of this subsection may take the form of but is not limited to a mounted plaque or student artwork.

For purposes of this section, “prominent location” means a school entryway, cafeteria, or common area where students are likely to see the national motto.
One interesting thing about that wording is that, unlike some states, there’s no requirement that the display be a certain size. As long as students can theoretically see the words, schools are following the letter of the law.

Even in Kentucky, though, plenty of administrators are aware that the phrase sends a message to Muslims and atheists and Jews that they’re not welcome here. It’s not their beliefs getting this special treatment, after all. Just Christian ones.

That’s why you have to applaud what they did in the Fayette County Public Schools (in Lexington).

Instead of, say, painting the Christian phrase in gigantic letters in some hallway, the board sent each school a framed copy of… the back of a one dollar bill.

67959741_10157520652827920_5247985066847502336_o.jpg
Hey, it includes the phrase. [:p]

This is what it looks like in the office of one of the schools in the district. (I’m not including the name of the school here, but an administrator there told me the picture was delivered to them by the district and they put it up in the main office.)"
source

Nice!

Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's!

MikeDwight

What if its all as deep as disguising the entire Parish system? Horace Underwood goes to Korea establishing the Church of Korea, in full Catholic communion with the Church of America and Church of Scotland. We are all actively moving to Presidents born in Hawaii which became a state in 1959, that's why Eisenhower rearranges the Presbyterians here in America in 1958. Its convenient. Horace Underwood had a Parish. Horace Underwood's only 1st mission, on repeat, from the only Christian Minister who organized this Church, its about forming the Native Church that is truly Korean, they could build brick buildings, they could awe the natives, and as part of the only mission there, Korean people made their own first Church in Korea with their hands, there's probably hundreds of other brick denomination churches invading, even over the palace they said the Methodists did that. Horace Underwood's third and fourth generation in Korea having not race mixed, he married 1 of 30 white women in all of korea to associate with the King and his Queen's physician. The Church Eisenhower made is only made in a total "reformation", a "Double reformation", a "second body", a "second fight of a protestant reformation", a "always Reforming" attitude, these are just empty words obviously, its a way to say things. But we know in Orthodox Churches the Christians did not Replace the languages in at least 20 eastern European countries, but brought the language of Christ into their languages, and even more in Korea, so, and Eisenhower is no friend to any Reformed Churches in America either, I guess. The PCUSA is actively using the 'integration' buzzword. If the Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad does not form, then people are under a leadership saying they will find a way that Koreans moving here are in one Religious body. People are denied having religion before being in the USA.

Every Korean has a right to the Aegukga, to Chuseok, to Auld Lang Syne, they all went different directions for Eisenhower.

Scots writing in Scotch for Scottish people in a Scottish nation wrote Auld Lang Syne at the start of the relationship of a Union in a Union Jack with England. Otherwise people are such idiots. Scotland does not start fresh with any of us. Korea does not blank and delete for anybody, or because there's powers dividing, between rivers have broadly roared between tw koreas since auld lang syne, and that old long time ago of a people, that's what made the song for the modern national anthem of Korea, with similar words, and what it meant to missionaries as a primary song, and what it means for Korea, as something brought religiously to Korea. Koreans shar this between themselves.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes... true. But it seems to multiply in mine as I bring God into the mix.
Oh.
Your one of those prosperity gospel people.
Your money grows as you get religious.

Nothing personal, but that sounds really gross to me.
But, Christians have taught that for centuries, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Tom

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Oh.
Your one of those prosperity gospel people.
Your money grows as you get religious.

Nothing personal, but that sounds really gross to me.
But, Christians have taught that for centuries, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Tom

You must be one of those poverty gospel people and a denier of what is written.

You don't need to get religious to make money grow. Have you ever considered hard work and wisdom in investing?

But you can be grossed out if you want.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You must be one of those poverty gospel people and a denier of what is written.
No,
that would be Jesus.

I don't believe that you know any more about God than whoever is the pope or top imam of Iran.
Or whatever.
But your version of the gospel is decidedly different from the one I was taught.
I don't find yours any more plausible than the conservative Christian Catholics of the 60s.
Tom