• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Kiss is Just a Kiss . . .

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
After a really long time of neglected intimacy, I have recently revisited the beautiful experience of KISSING.

I kiss my kids all the time, but this is different. I think I'm going to become addicted to this. Because I really like kissing. I like it alot. With the right person, something magical happens.:D

I don't want to stop, and I don't want to ever go a day with out one again. How did I survive so long without this? I had forgotten what a good sensuous kiss could do for you. How can this be so wonderful. Boys have cooties don't they, and my mom always made it sound gross, by calling it "swapping spit". But a kiss between two lovers is not gross, it's electrifying. Why is this? Do you remember your first kiss? Do you and you partner still share long passionate kisses. If not, revisit it, like I did. It is a wonderful place to go. :jiggy:

Professors of different subjects define Kiss in different ways:

Prof. of Computer Science: A kiss is a few bits of love compiled into a byte.

Prof. of Algebra: A kiss is two divided by nothing.

Prof. of Geometry: A kiss is the shortest distance between two straight lines.

Prof. of Physics: A kiss is the contraction of mouth due to the expansion of the heart.

Prof. of Chemistry: A kiss is the reaction of the interaction between two hearts.

Prof. of Zoology: A kiss is the interchange of unisexual salivary bacteria.

Prof. of Physiology: A kiss is the juxtaposition of two orbicular ors muscles in the state of contraction.

Prof. of Dentistry: A kiss is infectious and antiseptic.

Prof. of Accountancy: A kiss is a credit because it is profitable when returned.

Prof. of Economics: A kiss is that thing for which the demand is higher than the supply.

Prof. of Statistics: A kiss is an event whose probability depends on the vital statistics of 36-24-36.

Prof. of Philosophy: A kiss is the persecution for the child, ecstasy for the youth and homage for the old.

Prof. of English: A kiss is a noun that is used as a conjunction; it is more common than proper; it is spoken in the plural and it is applicable to all.

Prof. of Engineering: Uh, What? I'm not familiar with that term.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I was brought up with the attitudse that kissing was something that was expected of me when I met grumpy elderly aunts (most of whom, if I remember correctly) seemed to have beards.........

I don't think I ever kissed my father, and I certainly never felt close enough to my mother to feel comfortable giving her a hug....Which is possibly why I have gone totally the other way with my 'children'??- the twenty six year old nearly breaks a couple of my ribs each time we see him, and 'little one' (21) unashamedly will give us both a hug and a kiss, even infront of his peers!!! Now that is what I call 'feeling comfortable with oneself!':)

Circle_One

Prof. of Statistics: A kiss is an event whose probability depends on the vital statistics of 36-24-36
I almost fell off my chair reading this one!

michel said:
(most of whom, if I remember correctly) seemed to have beards.........
Oh wow, you so get frubals for this one little sentence! Too funny!!

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
michel said:
I was brought up with the attitudse that kissing was something that was expected of me when I met grumpy elderly aunts (most of whom, if I remember correctly) seemed to have beards.........

I don't think I ever kissed my father, and I certainly never felt close enough to my mother to feel comfortable giving her a hug....Which is possibly why I have gone totally the other way with my 'children'??- the twenty six year old nearly breaks a couple of my ribs each time we see him, and 'little one' (21) unashamedly will give us both a hug and a kiss, even infront of his peers!!! Now that is what I call 'feeling comfortable with oneself!':)
My parents never made us kiss or hug the older relatives if we didn't want to, but they were very affectionate. Even as teenagers (3 girls-2 boys), we always had to give hugs and kisses when we went to bed. And now that we are all grown, we still hug and kiss our parents, and each other. I am so glad that you broke the cycle of non-affection in your family. I believe it is very important that you were able to do that. Here are some of the benefits of kissing.

Mothers kiss their newborn babies to get to know them better. There is also a very real health benefit for the baby. When a mother kisses her baby, she ingests the germs that are on the baby’s body and face, the very ones that the baby is about to swallow. Her body is then stimulated to produce antibodies that the baby needs. When the mother breastfeeds, these antibodies are passed on to her baby in her milk. Kissing the baby is a very important biological activity beyond it’s obvious pleasurable and attachment-promoting value.

Kissing has become so important to humans that the area of the brain which controls the mouth is larger than that part of the brain which is linked to the genitals, and a kiss mobilises no less than about 30 facial muscles.

When we kiss, many things happen. Firstly, the insides of our mouths and edges of our lips produce a chemical that is habituating and makes us want to kiss more.

Kissing causes the brain to release that amazing hormone called oxytocin into the blood stream. Oxytocin, known as the “love hormone,” is found in our body in response to loving behaviour. Among other things, it boosts feelings of affection and promotes caretaking.

Synthetic oxytocin has also been used to treat depression. West Indian cricket supporters could do with some oxytocin right now.

Kissing also causes the release of adrenaline and a substance called dopamine, all of which result in feelings of pleasure.

Apart from the feelings of pleasure associated with kissing, various clinical studies have demonstrated that touching, which includes kissing, lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones and enhances the immune system.

In one study done in Germany, men who kissed their wives when leaving for work lost less working days to illness, had less traffic accidents and lived five years longer than non-kissers on the average. The reason given for these startling facts was that these men appeared, “to start the day with a positive attitude,” said Arthur Sazbo, the psychologist in charge of the study.

Finally, a passionate kiss burns 6.4 calories per minute compared with 11.2 calories burned per minute jogging on a treadmill. And kissing is good for your teeth, too, because your mouth waters when you kiss and saliva helps destroy plaque. The health benefits of kissing appear to be tremendous. There is also little reason to worry about catching disease from a kiss, even from someone ill. You may not want to give a friend with meningitis a prolonged kiss but the amount of saliva exchanged is usually not sufficient to transmit viruses, and nobody is known to have caught AIDS through a kiss.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Post # 1 is very entertaining and post #5 is very informative. Thank you.:)

I guess we all should get off the internet and go
KissSmiley.gif
someone.:D

Attachments

• KissSmiley.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 136

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't think I ever kissed my father, and I certainly never felt close enough to my mother to feel comfortable giving her a hug
Ive never been close to my parents either. Ive never really been close to anyone.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
I don't remember my father kissing me, although I remember some hugs. I also realise my father is old school military from small town fishermen stock. ALthough my mother (they are no longer together) and my wife don't seem to understand the decisions my father has made (He did a lot of 6 month tours of duty when i was really young) and the way he is now I do. I don't look down upon my Dad for the way he is, and considering where he came from he's very open minded and shows his love in other ways.

My son is going to be 6 next month and I still kiss him. All of my kids get kissed and hugged as much as possible. When you ask my smallest for a kiss she puts one and on each of your cheeks to hold you still and kisses you, I'm smiling right now as I write that.

I have to admit though I feel awkward about kissing my son on the lips goodnight. Why, because it's not something I'm used to. I do know why I feel awkward though so I'm overcoming it.

Melody

I don't think my mom or dad ever kissed me when growing up and even now when we hug, it's a cheek to cheek kind of thing.

I kiss my two oldest sons, but usually on the cheek or forehead. My youngest son (13) gets kissed on the forehead, cheek, lips, neck or whatever will sit still long enough to land a kiss. That may have something to do with the fact that he's the only one I birthed and we have an incredibly close bond so we're more comfortable with these intimacies. It will be interesting to see how many more years this will continue.

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
My parents always kissed and hugged me...My father was a also a military man, leutainant-colonel (I think it's spelled that way), but he always was a loving person and always made jokes. I ,daily, give my mum a big hug and a kiss on the cheek just because she's a great mum.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wish my parents would have been better. My dad never gave any true support for anything I did, or will do. He just offers support because as a parent, he feels obligated to. My mom is usually 110% against everything I do. I think going to college and acting are the only things shes ever agreed to me doing.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Luke Wolf said:
I wish my parents would have been better. My dad never gave any true support for anything I did, or will do. He just offers support because as a parent, he feels obligated to. My mom is usually 110% against everything I do. I think going to college and acting are the only things shes ever agreed to me doing.
I thought you must be a teenager; I get on much better with my kids now that they are a bit older. Have pity for your parents - they probably only want the best for you!:)

Zlot

lips kissing lips mmmmmmmmm chill, tingle. too explicit with my lover.
i always kissed my mom but never my dad untill i had kids of my own.
i dont kiss my boys(a guy thing) but i always kiss my girl.lots of love and hugs for everyone.

TrueQ

EnhancedSpirit said:
Prof. of English: A kiss is a noun that is used as a conjunction; it is more common than proper; it is spoken in the plural and it is applicable to all.
A little credit to we admirers of literature, English students and professors alike spend our days knee deep in love poetry, I think we could at the very least muster up something like...

A kiss is just a kiss, and that's a Hell of a thing.

...Or probably better!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Your wish is my command...............

Love's Philosophy

[font=papyrus, arial, helvetica][/font]​
[font=papyrus, arial, helvetica]~ Percy Bysshe Shelley [/font]​

[font=papyrus, arial, helvetica]The fountains mingle with the river,

And the rivers with the ocean;​
The winds of heaven mix forever​
With a sweet emotion;​
Nothing in the world is single;​
All things by a law divine​
In another's being mingle--​
Why not I with thine?​

See, the mountains kiss high heaven,​
And the waves clasp one another;​
No sister flower could be forgiven​
If it disdained its brother;​
And the sunlight clasps the earth,​
And the moonbeams kiss the sea;--​
What are all these kissings worth,​
If thou kiss not me?​
:)
[/font]​

QTpi

Mischevious One
"Prof. of Chemistry: A kiss is the reaction of the interaction between two hearts."

Ah, yes! I like that one. :bounce

I was lucky to grow up in a loving family. My parents always hugged and kissed (on the cheek) me and my brother and sisters. I did the same with my children, and I still do when they come to visit! And I hug my friends when I see them, even in stores, but I don't kiss them. :jiggy:

QTpi

Mischevious One
Oh, my. Poor Pah was about to cry when he read my last post and I didn't mention how much I enjoy kissing my husband! :jiggy:

Aqualung

Tasty
Luke Wolf said:
Ive never been close to my parents either. Ive never really been close to anyone.
Yeah, me either. You know, the more I see of you, the more I think we could have been pretty good buddies. We both like 80s music, neither of us would really want to talk about anything substatial or that could reveal ouselves too much . . .

Anyway, I never reallly understood kissing. You just put your mouths together and exchange saliva for a really long time, and that's supposed to turn you on. Taht just doesn't make sense. It's one of the most un-turning-on things I could ever think of. Even the wet sloppy kissing my parents give me are kind of gross. It's just a sickening practise.