• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Journal of Expression

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Y'all putting me to shame. This is my attempt at painting. I'm more of a poet but get me behind a canvas!
IMG_20180814_221035312.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
They aren't bad, these your first ones? You should see my first ones.

Thanks. I did another one, beautiful. I gave it ot my father. I painted the backgrond black, and did everything else white...white trees, waterfall, etc. Itried to mimic it the one on tehwall. I didnt put the trees and hils but the idea is similar.

But, yeah, these aer my first. The weird trees and the last one on the right were some of my oldest. The one on the far left I made out of a flook. I saw I could gloss the colors with Gesso and kept with that. The last painting was the sunset one.

I used to watch alot of Bob Ross when I was younger. I found his series on Amazon a year back and kept painting since. I do want to do more abstract stuff.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Thanks. I did another one, beautiful. I gave it ot my father. I painted the backgrond black, and did everything else white...white trees, waterfall, etc. Itried to mimic it the one on tehwall. I didnt put the trees and hils but the idea is similar.

But, yeah, these aer my first. The weird trees and the last one on the right were some of my oldest. The one on the far left I made out of a flook. I saw I could gloss the colors with Gesso and kept with that. The last painting was the sunset one.

I used to watch alot of Bob Ross when I was younger. I found his series on Amazon a year back and kept painting since. I do want to do more abstract stuff.

He used liquene on the canvas before he started, which is a very transparent white base, that's how he could get all that blending done so "easily" won't work with acrylics since he was painting wet on wet oil.

I personally paint wet on wet oil myself but I start on a dry canvas.I also don't use a variety of brushes like he used. I do filbert brushes mainly.

In the early years I tried syringes and palette knives. But the drying time is 6-12 months. and it's not cheap due to the amount of paint you use, and getting the right amount down, holey moley, I wasted A LOT of paint figuring that out.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
He used liquene on the canvas before he started, which is a very transparent white base, that's how he could get all that blending done so "easily" won't work with acrylics since he was painting wet on wet oil.

I personally paint wet on wet oil myself but I start on a dry canvas.I also don't use a variety of brushes like he used. I do filbert brushes mainly.

In the early years I tried syringes and palette knives. But the drying time is 6-12 months. and it's not cheap due to the amount of paint you use, and getting the right amount down, holey moley, I wasted A LOT of paint figuring that out.

Once I get a good standing eisel, I'll try that in our artroom. I have carpet so I learned the hard way about blue stained carpet.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
When I started I used acrylic too, "compression" painting is pretty cool to try out, spreading paint on one canvas and then smashing another and then twisting or sliding it around a bit. Makes pretty cool images, doesn't work at all with oil though.
IMG_0147.JPG

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Go to your art store and get "KISS OFF" it looks like a glue stick you can remove the paint off your carpet no matter how old it is. add a tiny bit of water it works on oil too, I have used it on my mattress for when random paint gets on there, and I tried it on my paint shorts too, I just wipe my brushes off on some of my art clothes. and despite the paint being years old it still works.

For cleaning brushes or carpet or pretty much anything else this stuff works wonders, it's also non toxic and you need just a little bit of water. Works with both acrylic and oil, and you can preserve your brushes by letting them dry in the paste you make out of this stuff. When you want to paint with your brushes again, just give it a few flicks and they are good as new.

20180815_104220[1].jpg

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
next project. I will be so glad when I finish doing this spiel of portraiture. only 17 more after this one to go. Got any photos? Wanna be experimented on?

20180815_213545[1].jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Go to your art store and get "KISS OFF" it looks like a glue stick you can remove the paint off your carpet no matter how old it is. add a tiny bit of water it works on oil too, I have used it on my mattress for when random paint gets on there, and I tried it on my paint shorts too, I just wipe my brushes off on some of my art clothes. and despite the paint being years old it still works.

For cleaning brushes or carpet or pretty much anything else this stuff works wonders, it's also non toxic and you need just a little bit of water. Works with both acrylic and oil, and you can preserve your brushes by letting them dry in the paste you make out of this stuff. When you want to paint with your brushes again, just give it a few flicks and they are good as new.

View attachment 23683

Question for you. Whats a good easel for standup painting that doesnt slide on the floor and lasts?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Question for you. Whats a good easel for standup painting that doesnt slide on the floor and lasts?
I have two. one with wheels and one without. I prefer wheels if I need to move it get some better angle. No idea what the brand is, everything is hand made where I live. I can take pictures of the ones I have if you want.; The part that keeps the level from falling will always go first, the solution is some small vice grips, I have had both of mine for 6 years so far,a dn the ratchet went out about 3 years ago.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
wood and metal, the folding kind? I dunno what it is but the kind you can flat pack is good. Mine cost about 200 bucks each. you don't need those uber expensive ones, I think in the states they are around 250? Don't quote me on that though. I sit most of the time while I am painting. Stand when I do the bigger 6'+ paintings.

If you ever want to get serious more serious maybe we can arrange getting canvas, cause I know it isn't cheap in America.

I buy rolls for around 300 ish bucks and they are 50 meter x 160 cm obviously you won't need that much canvas. shipping is a b**** but It may out way the cost, of buying canvas in the states, I mean I did some math a few years ago and what I get here would cost nearly 2000 there It's insane I don't know how artists survive over there. . The kind of canvas I use is Chinese linen, very good quality.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
But the one I started today is looking good. Sometimes it's just a hit n' miss situation. Painting with the temperature of colors in mind.

20180828_195606[1].jpg

Last edited: