• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Journal of Expression

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I suppose this is for artists that want to put down if they wish there most recent creations as they complete them.

no title yet although I am leaning towards "Grenade Bouquet" 90 x 60 cm oil on canvas.

20180521_143113[1].jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No offense, but I think "Grenade Bouquet" takes away from the expression I see in this. I think you have made a much deeper statement.

dfnj

Have you ever thought about what your brain is doing between thoughts?

If you try heard enough your eyes will cross. The funny thing is the question above is the very answer to the question. There are not many questions in which the question itself is it's own answer.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Well to me it's like an Unraveling of flesh, or when Tetsuo Shima loses control of his own body and he startsa absorb/expanding exponentially. I don't know what my brain is doing while I am painting. Most of the time? It's the only time I can turn the thinking part of it off.

Most of the stuff that's abstract never had an idea behind it, because this is what I do to shut the flood gates of meaningless thought off. Oh man it is so relaxing. and being in a zone where I am just not even consciously aware of anything else.

There is no real direction I am completely loose.

Attachments

• Yellow Expansion 81 x 107 cm.JPG
    Yellow Expansion 81 x 107 cm.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 0

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
finished yesterday and this morning new one.

Attachments

• 20180605_233719[1].jpg
    20180605_233719[1].jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20180606-WA0003[1].jpg
    IMG-20180606-WA0003[1].jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20180607-WA0001[1].jpg
    IMG-20180607-WA0001[1].jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
20180609_160503[1].jpg

Wondering if I should do a 5th on a slightly smaller canvas and make it a square and instead of 3 colors like the rest of em use 130.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
A new new design going to be ordered chaos.

We'll see what happens.

I'm thinking the center is definitively 5-8 colors then I add 16 but mix them with the center "base colors" then towards the outside I add an additional 32 colors to be mixed with the original 5-8 and 16 additional colors, so that while as it withdraws from the center it gets more and more chaotic but all the colors withing the painting are related to the center colors, So while the color theory of this piece will be highly structured, the shape and design will gradually "devolve" into full blown chaos. Still a little more designing to be done. Till I begin.

IMG-20180629-WA0007[1].jpg

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Center piece of a 3 panel piece. 80 x 120, 2x 80 x 100's, I think I will have the hot colors completed by the end of tomorrow.
20180703_193941[1].jpg